|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Skyline Despot enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you're the monarch, put a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Skyline Despot Discussion
2 weeks ago
Quite a few changes in the past few months. It is hard to say when these changes were made, but this is where the deck stands now. What do you think?
2 months ago
So, landwise I do not like the Valakut, and would recommend either Haven of the Spirit Dragon, Flamekin Village or an Utility land like Buried Ruin. Also not a fan of Brave the Sands and Dowsing Dagger. just too cute for me. Still a fan of Scroll Rack when you play Land Tax though :)
Creaturewise I think Dragonmaster Outcast is just too low impact, also Moonveil Dragon and Skyship Stalker are a bit weak. Even though Dragonspeaker Outcast provides great ramp I am struggling with that one. There are a few dragons which merit further exploration I think, but can depend on what you are facing.
Thunderbreak Regent (A rattlesnake and nicely costed)
Thundermaw Hellkite (can clear the way for your non-trampling attack)
Scourge of the Throne (it is perfectly easy to get an additional attack out of this at least once)
Rimescale Dragon (would require moving to snow lands, a bit clunky manawise)
Kilnmouth Dragon (good utility dragon, but with the nr. of dragons you are running may be awkward)
Hellkite Charger (additional attacks? would pair nicely with neheb :)
Flameblast Dragon (no need to hit a player to dish out damage)
Wardscale Dragon (defense during your attack)
Nesting Dragon (The egg tokens are a good thing against board wipes)
Some Card Draw Dragons
Hoarding Dragon (Without the ability to misuse the ability may be a bit weak)
Eternal Dragon (more slow moving)
Dream Pillager (good effect, setup to high maybe)
Skyline Despot (well draws at least one cards and monarch makes stuff move)
Runehorn Hellkite (this one I really like. Usable EOT before you have your turn makes this really good)
2 months ago
Secondo me devi impostare il mazzo più verso il fare attaccare gli avversari tra loro e fargli perdere tempo per poi tirare fuori una finisher. Inoltre non hai nessun vantaggio dallo scartare, perché non hai cose come Liliana's Caress, wheels o carte con Madness, di conseguenza taglierei anche da quella parte. Quindi toglierei alcune delle carte tax che hai messo. Proporrei cose del genere:
- Harsh Mentor -> Again, una tax abbastanza gratuita che però ti rende il tizio fastidioso #1. Non è ciò che vuoi, ti servono cose più subdole. Tipo Hunted Dragon.
- Sire Of Insanity -> Spezza le tattiche a tutti, ma anche a te. Non lo ritengo utile, soprattutto perché non carte con madness, né carte sufficenti con flashback, emerge, ecc. Meglio un Combustible Gearhulk che ti fa pescare. In rosso. 6/6 first strike.
- Dark Ritual -> Non è forte come Mana Geyser. Se non sei un mazzo combo, non te ne fai nulla di una carta così.
- Hero's Downfall -> Ruinous Path e risparmi.
- Rakdos Charm -> Nessuno dei sui effetti è così utile, se non forse esiliare il cimitero, but then again... Bojuka Bog?
- Dreadbore -> Murder e risparmi.
- Vandalblast -> Costa davvero tanto. Fai tu, ma non vedo tutta questa necessità di spaccare tutto. hai già molto removal per gli artefatti, potresti investire quei denari altrove.
- War's Toll -> Heartless Hidetsugu è meglio non metterti un bersagio sulla testa grosso come war's toll. L'hidetsugu è più democratico.
- Worn Powerstone -> Citadel of Pain perché la Powerstone fa schifo. Meglio una carta che gioca contro chi vuole fare il cheesy. Oppure Talisman of Indulgence.
- Hissing Miasma -> Skyline Despot meglio avere più carte che ti rendono monarca che un side effect come questo enchantment. Se vogliono attaccarti, lo faranno comunque. L'unica ragione per cui invece Marchesa's Decree va bene è perché ti rende monarca.
Io tenterei di mettere tante carte che ti fanno rubare cose agli avversari, perché è un modo swag di rompere le balle. Ci sono così tante carte con questo effetto, che rischi di poter anche non mettere Insurrection, più che altro perché è difficile da trovare e costosa. Dico cose come:
- Molten Primordial
- Grab the Reins.
- Act of Aggression.
- Necromantic Selection.
- Mark of Mutiny.
- Traitorous Instinct.
- Captivating Crew.
- Mass Mutiny.
- Lose Calm.
- Might Makes Right.
- Press into Service.
- Conquering Manticore.
- Portent of Betrayal.
- Malevolent Whispers.
- Harness by Force.
- Limits of Solidarity.
Oltre a ciò, ti consiglio carte swag che sicuramente sono divertenti come:
- Null Profusion.
- Last One Standing mi fa veramente ridere. Swag.
- Nettling Imp è un fck you in particular.
- Vial Smasher the Fierce come cacchio fa a non essere già nel mazzo???
- Lightning Reaver è forte, inolte è quel tipo di danni che non ti rende target #1 da subito.
- Khorvath's Fury è red draw... hello?
- Fellwar Stone è ottimo ramp.
- Staff of Nin.
- Bitter Feud.
- Palace Siege.
Scusa se non ti ho commentato tutte le carte, ma sono un pelo di corsa. Ne possiamo piuttosto parlare quando ci vediamo.
2 months ago
Haha you're welcome! Honestly I ran your deck through some playtests and really enjoyed it. Really feels more like a dragon tribal deck than my own Ur-dragon tribal deck! If you can, you may want to test some of the following changes:
- (2) Dragon Hatchling
- (4) Furnace Whelp
- (5) Hunted Dragon
- (5) Lightning Shrieker
- (6) Shivan Dragon (though I understand if you leave this in cause its the OG dragon)
- (6) Shockmaw Dragon
- (6) Freejam Regent
- (7) Dream Pillager (Draw is important but I feel that the body is not good enough, especially since it has to connect)
- (8) Bogardan Hellkite (the effect is underwhelming imo, though it does get better with the Conjurer's Closet)
- (Technically 3) Moltensteel Dragon (can be played for cheap and has a free pump your opponents have to play around)
- (4) Thunderbreak Regent (efficient and good ability)
- (5) Hoarding Dragon (one of the few red tutors, if people waste an exile effect on this its fine)
- (5) Thundermaw Hellkite (gives the ability to alpha strike!)
- (5) Stormbreath Dragon (can blast people with big hands)
- (6) Warmonger Hellkite (forces everyone to attack!)
- (6) Flameblast Dragon (lets you burn out utility creatures, blockers, players. Late game it can burn out someone on its own!)
- (7) Spawn of Thraxes (great with the Conjurer's closet, has an even higher ceiling than Bogardan)
- (7) Skyline Despot (Here's your draw! Not sure who's going to attack into the guy with a board full of DRAGONS. Also brings the monarch subgame that promotes combat!)
4 months ago
I'm with felletje on this one. Sarkhan, Fireblood is substantially more powerful than Sarkhan, Dragonsoul in this deck. Also, you should get yourself a Skyline Despot; becoming the Monarch will help keep your hand full, and Despot also nets you some extra dragon tokens. Plus, he'll only set you back like $2 at most.
I would also ditch Collected Company. It's a great card, but pretty dead in a dragon deck since it can only hit creatures CMC 3 or less. As it stands, you only have five creatures in your deck that will work with CoCo. I'd suggest something like Signal the Clans instead; you still have to cast the cards, but it tutors three creatures to your hand for two mana.
Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury makes more sense to me in this than the Dragonlord version. He doesn't enable haste, but he gives all your dragons +1/+0 for each attacking dragon, which adds up ridiculously fast. Plus, you can dash him out for repeat Lathliss triggers. Dragonlord's big ability is also wasted in EDH, since almost no decks will be running duplicates of anything other than land.
You might also want to consider Aid from the Cowl. It has the same "free stuff" effect as Vaevictis, but only for you, and it even synergizes with Vaevictis' ability (since it will trigger revolt). Seems to me like that would be super powerful.
Sorry if you weren't looking for advice; this inspired me to try building my own Vaevictis deck, so I just started tossing out things I'd run in my own. Plus, I really want to integrate "Junderdome" into my regular vocabulary.
4 months ago
I like this Marchesa too though the Queen will always rule my heart. For this deck I recommend Cruel Entertainment, Bite of the Black Rose, and Order of Succession due to usefulness and flavour. I think you might also enjoy Plea for Power. I do not know what your budget is but I think you might want to invest in Scourge of the Throne. Skyline Despot could be a good prophetic card: it makes you monarch. Rewind and Unwind are worthy counter spells to consider.
I hope these suggestions have helped!
5 months ago
Illicit Auction is pretty similar but you'd lose out on hipster points cutting it. I personally find Blood Tyrant & Skyline Despot to be pretty underwhelming relative to their cost but you might have contradictory experiences.
Also, Psychic Battle is another SSS occupier with a choice aspect to it, although it might be too annoyingly chaotic.
5 months ago
If it was my choice, I would go with Thantis, the warweaver. As green gives so much more options.
You have some good ideas already but a few more I think would be: Hunted Dragon, Avatar of Slaughter, No Mercy, Akroma's Memorial maybe, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Ophiomancer, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, then I think you could really draw some inspiration from Queen Marchesa decks by playing some monarch cards like Skyline Despot, then stuff like Grave Titan/Hanweir Garrison/Goblin Spymaster.
When I’m off work later I will see what else I can think of. But like I already said, look at some political decks such as I suggested like Queen Marchesa, then I’m sure there’s more that I’m just not thinking of right now.