|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifacts, creatures, and lands your opponents control come into play tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Frozen AEther Discussion
2 weeks ago
The first card that comes to mind is Yahenni, Undying Partisan; it's a step toward the speed problem and not enough fatty problem, and fits the sac theme if you decide that. Sometimes to speed up your game, you have to slow down your opponent with Frozen AEther, Urabrask the Hidden, Baral's Expertise (which speeds you up as well), Vandalblast, Static Orb, etc. Beside that, there's ramp and sneaking in cards to really speed up your game. Consider Sneak Attack or Quicksilver Amulet, Deathrender or Clone Shell; also consider rocks like Commander's Sphere, Dreamstone Hedron, Hedron Archive, Heartstone/ Carnival of Souls for unearth, Semblance Anvil and Nightscape Familiar. There's also cards that help your opponent as well, but if you've more value it could work: Mana Flare, Dream Halls, Braids, Conjurer Adept.
Situations where you're in a stahlwart, loosing, and have huge problems, are different from situation where you're at parity and have equal footing. At parity, card advantage and evasion rule. Chariot of Victory and Haunted Cloak, Archetype of Endurance/ Archetype of Aggression/ Filth/ Wonder/ Brawn, Hot Soup/ Deepfathom Skulker/ Whispersilk Cloak, maybe Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm, all of these can help close a game. This deck needs much more draw, especially with some discard outlets you have. Cards like Arcanis/ Humble Defector (good unearth target), Skullclamp, The Immortal Sun, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Arena, Divination/ Faithless Looting/ Concentrate, Chandra, Flamecaller, Open Into Wonder. If you're loosing, usually board wipes are the best answer. Black Sun's Zenith, Toxic Deluge, Archfiend of Depravity, Perilous Vault/ Worldfire, All Is Dust, all for dealing with indestructible. You could also add some fatties or deathtouchers like Taurean Mauler, Consuming Aberration, Scourge of Geier Reach, Nighthowler, Ophiomancer, Ogre Slumlord.
It's rather hard to suggest versatile cards without answering direct metas, do you have any specific cards or strategies giving you trouble right now?
For general versatility, there's Rakdos Charm/ Rampaging Ferocidon, Gravepurge/ Footbottom Feast to protect your graveyard, which is rather important in this deck, Thief of Blood/ Vampire Hexmage for atraxa/ planeswalkers. For a combo heavy meta, there's Time Stop/ Summary Dismissal, Torpor Orb/ Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Praetor's Grasp/ Sadistic Sacrament to extract combo pieces. Stranglehold, Defense Grid/ Wild Ricochet (which is a counterspell) for control decks. Clever Impersonator or Phyrexian Metamorph adds a bunch of versatility, maybe some tutors to directly answer something.
For this deck, I would reinforce your themes of mill, reanimation, and draw, and probably add more ramp and board wipes. I personally like ETB/ death triggers over big 'uns and tokens, so that's going to heavily influence my opinion. If you were to go wide, you could add threaten effects and Faerie Artisans to sac them, you could add Genesis Chamber/ Grave Titan/ Wurmcoil Engines/ Spawning Pit for tokens, Dragon Throne of Tarkir for combat tricks. Also, to make the deck stronger, I could point out some of the weaker cards. Like Worn Powerstone, I'd rather add Hedron Archive or Dreamstone Hedron; Star Compass is OK, but I wanted to point it out because it doesn't fix your colors, I'd suggest Realmwright to unearth/ Fellwar Stone; Spell Pierce is not too good in my opinion as is way too easy to pay, I'd rather have Mental Misstep/ Foil; Death's Approach can be replaced with Snuff Out, Sudden Death, Sickening Shoal with all the big creatures you have. You made a lot of good picks though, like Teferi's Veil, Flayer of the Hatebound, Stitch Together, etc., those are rather strong in my opinion.
If I had the commanders or strategies you're facing I think I could answer better, but I hope this helps you take step towards a stronger deck! I'm always here
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Here's an initial potential cutlist of cards I don't think synergize well with your goal, or have direct better upgrades: Elgaud Shieldmate Essence Warden Phantom Nantuko Phytohydra Fade into Antiquity Mouth / Feed Revoke Existence Lifecrafter's Gift Frozen AEther Primal Rage Lightmine Field Azorius Keyrune Obelisk of Bant Selesnya Keyrune. There are some others I'm not sure on but those will have to be chosen on based on what direction you choose to go with this.
1 month ago
Oh boy do I love control in EDH. Let me recommend some stuff.
- Aura of Silence Turning your opponents Sol Rings into slightly better Worn Powerstones is really solid tempo control.
- Kismet/Frozen AEther more solid tempo control.
- Invoke Prejudice Invoke Racism jokes aside, this card can slow games to a crawl. Shame about the pricetag though.
- Pendrell Mists My dude, its the Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, but not $1,000.
- Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory How about making countering stuff a much easier affair? If you're playing the long game, this rarely hurts you and watching ramp pull their hair out is hilarious.
- Torpor Orb This card can be a little tricky because it will hurt you too if you're not careful, but people forget how many staples in EDH are ETB creatures. Shutting them all off is a great power to have over your opponents.
- Ghostly Prison/Propaganda Consider these as some solid protection against aggro. Not perfect, but you do often force them into either tapping out to attack you or tapping out to cast things.
- Meishin, the Mind Cage Maybe consider if you want something a little more potent than Propaganda?
- Wrath of God/Evacuation/Oblivion Stone This deck should have a couple of reset buttons.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Good. Very good. Cast your Wurmcoil EOT, give yourself protection on your turn. Maybe throw in Grand Abolisher too.
- Mimic Vat Maybe not something immediately thought of when control comes to mind, but a very versatile toolbox card. You don't always have to be grabbing someones Akroma. In fact, using something like Sakura-Tribe Elder every turn is also really strong.
- Annul Annul is really good in EDH.
Wow that was way longer of a post than I thought it would be. Sorry! Hope I was helpful!
1 month ago
Officially starting a changelog!
1 month ago
I'm not really familiar with kiki-pod either, but the deck seems pretty good. If you want more control then Frozen AEther would be good, Blue Sun's Zenith would also be good if you want more card draw.
1 month ago
mitchell.s89 happy holidays hope you are doing well.