|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add (2) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ur-Golem's Eye Discussion
5 days ago
Tyrannosaurus_Maximus You welcome!
- Saves your creature not only from point removal, but from mass destruction such as Innocent Blood
- Can totally disable opponents general. Its better then just kill him, because they cant cast it from command zone again.I added Vanishing in my deck Disciple of Deceit - Combos PDH just days ago. I would be glad if you look and leave comment to me too.
I mention some cards, that can be fine for stax, but not sure if fit your deck.
- Suture Priest can make more impact then Ulamog's Crusher, because isn't stax about slow death? =))
- I highly recommend to add two mana sources Sisay's Ring and Ur-Golem's Eye or even Kozilek's Channeler, because playing stax you planning long game and it would be better then 1 mana rocks
- Rimewind Taskmage have potential to work with any permanent. Also, you always can get additional mana from untapping your caroos or 2-mana artifacts.
2 months ago
- Deadeye Navigator
- Swiftfoot Boots (protect Brago)
- Cyclonic Rift
- Reliquary Tower
- Act of Authority
- Rogue's Passage
- Sea Gate Oracle
- Whispersilk Cloak (makes it so you can't flicker Brago, but ensures he will connect
- Venser, Shaper Savant
- Felidar Guardian
- Traveler's Cloak
- Phyrexian Ingester
- Restoration Angel
- Pentarch Ward
- Thran Dynamo
- Prophetic Prism
4 months ago
4 months ago
Killzun - Excellent suggestion. I was holding off because of the current $13 price tag, but I might just have to bite the bullet since it's so freakin' good. I'll add it, thanks! :) I'm also going to replace Ur-Golem's Eye.
7 months ago
7 months ago
Urgh, had a whole thing typed out here and then accidentally closed the browser. That's annoying.
The deck looks neat, is it something you've played with already or still in the planning stages? Also just FYI it's Sphinxes, not Sphinx's. :P
There are a number of utility cards coming in the new commander 2017 set for tribal decks that I'm sure would help you out, but considering they're not out yet I'll stick with cards that actually exist. Like Consecrated Sphinx. Also I'm not sure what your budget is so I'm just gonna throw out some kinda expensive suggestions in the mix.
I'm sure a Cavern of Souls and possibly a Boseiju, Who Shelters All would be nice for some extra protection. As for cycling lands, in a mono blue deck that doesn't care about deserts, both Remote Isle and Lonely Sandbar are strictly better than Desert of the Mindful. On the topic of lands, if you like artifacts, there are some more neat inclusions that might interest you: Academy Ruins, Mishra's Workshop (crazy expensive), Sequestered Stash, Tolarian Academy.
It sort of goes against the artefact theme you're running but I personally prefer Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study to Mind's Eye, it puts the tax on the opponent instead of you. You mightn't always draw cards off them, but they're somewhat cheaper in multiplayer games and can force opponents to chose to pay the tax instead of good spells, which is subtly very nice.
Argent Sphinx is actually great in here I'm just realising. Neat.
There isn't a lot of cycling in the deck so I'm not really sure what Curator of Mysteries or Ominous Sphinx offer the deck aside from being sphinxes. Some other fun sphinxes I like are Master of Predicaments and Sphinx Ambassador, and some others that might synergise with your commander or otherwise offer good card advantage are Consecrated Sphinx, Horizon Scholar, Prognostic Sphinx, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Sphinx of Lost Truths, Sphinx of Uthuun, Vexing Sphinx, Windreader Sphinx.
There are a lot of great sphinxes actually, whew.
Anywho, good luck with it!
7 months ago
Spectral Searchlight love this card it's great in 2-headed giant
Paradise Plume I gained so much life from this card
Jeweled Amulet super underrated