|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Tower of Fortunes
(8), Tap: Draw four cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ironax , Lucretian , sneferie , Gabeph , twistedmage , Bluboltar , Mortiferus_Rosa , Va1mar , Pumpkinking913 , SirFowler , Mousemke , mziter501 , Tiddilywinkus , Antiat|
|Want (6)||shootersam12 , rikimaru188 , Killingfool , obitus , cainanunes , Warxuaroz|
Tower of Fortunes Discussion
1 month ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
1 month ago
A draw engine is a two card synergy that results in repeatable card draw. I run a Mardu deck so most of the cards will be in colors. I've numbered each engine so you just need to post the engine number followed by your personal score for each. (Feel free to skip any since the list is lengthy. No card is mentioned more than once however.)
A score means the draw engine is janky, unreliable, clunky, inefficient, etc. Basically an engine you'd never consider running under any circumstance. A score means the draw engine is consistent, reliable, fast, and effecient at drawing cards. This score signifies a considerable auto-include for any EDH deck.
Not all draw engines need to be rated. Rating the ones that are the most interesting will do. This feedback will be crucial for other people when considering what draw engine to use for their decks.
2 months ago
Nice list so far! +1 from me mate.
To address your card draw worry there are some decent and some not so decent choices at your discretion. Howling Mine, Tower of Fortunes, Loreseeker's Stone, Sandstone Oracle, Farsight Mask, Phyrexian Vault, Carnage Altar, Otherworld Atlas, and Jalum Tome to name a few, hope this helped slightly
2 months ago
Thank you for the feedback and Upvote 43110. I actually just updated the list a bit ago slotting in Harmonize over Chrome Mox. Looking at my list in regards to drawing there is a severe lack of consistent draw and this bothers me. I have some extra wheel effects in the Maybeboard but I will have to at least try and find a way to slot in stuff like Howling Mine and/or Tower of Fortunes. Possibly even Otherworld Atlas or Font of Mythos.
Any suggestions regarding possible switches? Right off the bat Fireball comes to mind to cut in favor of something else.
EDIT: Found a spot for Howling Mine but my previous question still stands on possible switches and/or mainboard cuts.
2 months ago
6 months ago
Are you looking to keep this under a certain budget? That could make a difference for suggestions but one thing I personally like to do with Elesh norn is use a go wide tactic and create a bunch of tokens, buff them with her +2/+2 and then swing in with 20 something tokens. You already have a decent amount of token generation, plus mirror entity but I would recommend Anointed Procession to help increase your board presence. As for switching it out, I would say maybe take away Tower of Fortunes but that is a personal preference, I like to play something or make some type of move every turn so an 8 mana draw spell isn't usually helpful to me. Since you also have a few board wipes, I recommend Teferi's Protection to protect your mana tokens from destruction at the hands of yourself or an opponent. Other wise this is a pretty solid deck for under $100.
8 months ago
Neheb's mana ability is a triggered ability. Strionic Resonator can get silly.
Here's my list, I went for more effects that damage everyone to get more mana on my second main for sinks.http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/you-get-pain-and-you-get-pain-everyone-gets-pain/
8 months ago
Remove 2x Relic Barrier