Creature — Human Shaman
, Discard a card: Draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mad Prophet Discussion
5 months ago
Ah, I had long-tinkered with an Alesha list for quite the meiny of months, whereupon I have a fair number of suggestions for consideration in your ranks.
Meseems Callous Bloodmage is one of the best cards in the new set for inclusion, as it does three relevant things for any given circumstance. Choose wisely.
Any aristocrats list is incomplete when bereft of Skullclamp . Overplayed? Overrated? Too powerful? Is it too efficient? Perhaps you are tired of acknowledging its existence? Is this jest overlong all for the sake of an ensuing sentence? No, no, yes, maybe, and yes. (Just play it.)
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician is a particular powerhouse. He does everything. Maugre the cost of one life, he enables a draw engine and sacrifice outlet. So much for so little.
False Prophet is a most splendid wrath, for, ere his calamitous demise trigger, you may sacrifice your board and ravage all others.
Feldon of the Third Path , however sorrowful his tale, is quite the potent artificer. Bringing back many and wreaking havoc upon all is a brutal combination that can act as a backup version of the commander.
Rummaging effects are perhaps something of which I am too fond, yet here we are. Rummaging Goblin , Anje Falkenrath , Plargg, Dean of Chaos Flip, Deal Broker , Smuggler's Copter , and Mad Prophet are all ones I would seek to add.
Retribution of the Meek is a splendid wrath, typically decimating the opponents' populous.
Thus is all, dear folk. But, might all of your foes be met with a despairing shriek as Karmic Guide has her fun casting demise.
Lastly, the deck name could use a little work. Yes, it may be forthright, but, opt for something with flare. Let it be histrionic! Brutal! WONDERFUL!
Thence I leave.
Here is my own list, if you deign to care: Quondam Foes
7 months ago
Hey! I'm happy to share suggestions, as I've thrown out a few ideas and tried to chat about insight so far. You may want to try and isolate cards you're willing to remove - that way you can still feel like the deck is yours, while being open to prospective ideas / outside perspective ya know?
I'll try to make suggestions with budget in mind!
- Get the same effect with a higher upside and immediately get to discard a Dragon. Non-artifact so it's harder to remove. Mid and late-game card-drawing machine with an evasive Dragon.
- This Neheb is too slow and while the synergy is there, it's going to have trouble making a consistent impact. Even an ETB tapped fetch still keeps you getting the color mana you need while (statistically marginally) thinning your deck and cleaning your future draws.
- Overall, these edits reduce your cumulative curve, provide similar (if not more consistent) discard ability, and much higher ceilings for providing value. Evolving Wilds is your 2nd fetch, so you can keep improving the lands you're getting into play. Daretti lets you move through the deck quicker AND has artifact synergies if you choose to lean into that line of play. Chainer is a discard outlet and haste enabler the turn he comes down, so he's already got the same floor as Mad Prophet with the opportunity to be impactful if he stays on the board.
- Since you've enjoyed leaning heavily into the discard aspect, Temple makes a lot of sense for you to have access to a mid or late-game land to ramp a bit. With all these expensive Dragons, I'm sure you've had a turn or two with plenty of un-used mana (I have!), so this gives you a way to maximize the discard AND set yourself up to keep having access to mana!
- The five-mana CMC for a less-efficient Sneak Attack just feels heavy in this build. Adding Landscape gives you another opportunity to pull lands out of your deck and keep having colors on the battlefield - I'm sure you've noticed but the double and triple-pips of the deck can be VERY challenging at times. Being able to get two Mountains (or your two Swamps) will hugely impact your ability to play relevant spells on time. As far as getting one more haste enabler, even with Chainer already in...
- Tyrant is a win-more and a payoff card. It's a fun ambition, but in a deck chock-full of power and crazy cool Dragons, we don't need this. Instead, big Kolaghan comes down much earlier AND hastes our entire squad.
- Courser enables shenanigans and fantastic temporary Commander fun. It's effect can be much more impactful than Thundermaw Hellkite's in the long-run, and essentially acts as another reanimation spell. Thundermaw's effect is pretty narrow, while Courser's lets us go into the graveyard for a more toolbox-like approach, depending on what we've been able to get into the graveyard so far.
- This might be a little bit of personal preference, and with how many ways this deck has to kill opponents' creatures on your turn, I think it provides a great ceiling while also acting as an early-game blocker. Mana that you can do anything with is so precious in this deck, and it happens to synergize nicely with the best addition to this deck in Kaldheim...
- I personally don't think this deck needs to go wide, otherwise you'd be running more cost reduction ( Urza's Incubator , Dragonspeaker Shaman ) as well as Nesting Dragon . Big-mana decks are always going to need mana, and Goldspan makes it in spades.
- This is a different style of play, I'd just rather avoid exiling my Dragons or only getting a single use out of them...for a minimum of 8 mana and two turns. Feldon has more flexibility in coming down quicker and activating sooner. You're packing High Market and Phyrexian Tower here for sac outlets to get rid of the tokens (same as the Dragons from Zirilan realistically), but you're doing it much earlier in the game, or with mana to spare, with no downside of losing a Dragon for the rest of the game.
- Between all of the Dragon ETB damage and the removal suite available to Rakdos, you don't need more removal, I'm sure you've noticed this! Especially cost-inefficient removal. Having more reanimation effects, especially to act as a or flicker effect? There's WAY more flexibility here for how the Dragon reanimator wants to succeed. I agree that more removal is always good though! With that in mind...
- Play faster, and play with more flexibility. Command will give you options based on how the game's playing, and playing at instant-speed ensures you can be more interactive. Along that same line...
- Flexibility in usage! More than likely this will get rid of a troublesome artifact, and wouldn't you know it that some of the best graveyard hate is on artifacts! The graveyard hosing can also be key and, again, playing at instant-speed gives you more opportunities to disrupt opponents. For a high-curve deck like this, that's really important!
- Let's help Rakdos players see that Arena isn't the powerhouse everyone thinks it is! Exploration does EVERYTHING we could need - especially in your build, which has a higher concentration of Dragons, there's a greater likelihood for you to fill your graveyard quicker! Please give this a shot and let me know what you think!
Four of these cards ETB tapped and make you a turn slower, AND they're bad in the late-game since they have little utility. There's no snow synergy here to justify Coldsteel. Having more land ensures you'll hit your drops throughout the game. Wayfarer's lets you keep some ramp (I prefer Expedition Map, but one discussion at a time) while Archive has mana utility and lets you cash in when you have leftover mana. Smooth out your hands, get more consistent draws and turns, and have the ability to draw more cards.
- All of these Dragons in the yard are going to go to waste if you can't get them out onto the field! This is my favorite low-cost reanimator aside from the namesake - if you wanted to make a case for Stitch Together I wouldn't argue it. Being able to get two Dragons out, albeit tapped, ensures you can keep some board presence. It also lets you use up some of those Sneak Attack / token creations in an efficient way. I know losing some card draw feels a bit weird, and based on how the deck's built up, and from what you've described about your playstyle, it sounds like you may have an over-abundance of card-draw and not enough interaction. Hopefully this changes things!
Non-budget upgrade, and more likely to consistently come down untapped and provide the same color flexibility. If budget doesn't allow this edit, I'd say the non-budget move could be Path of Ancestry .
I do think you need to find room for one of the game-winning, mass-reanimators like Living Death or Patriarch's Bidding , or the new Kaldheim one, I'm blanking on the name. I'd take out Scourge of Kher Ridges for it to give yourself a win condition out of nowhere!
Hopefully these ideas help, or at least spark some further ideation for you to think about! If you want to chat about Bladewing in real-time over Discord or Reddit I'm on both sites as ThePillowman :)
1 year ago
Braid of Fire - Molten Disaster - Chain Reaction - Magmaquake - Viashino Heretic - Wildfire - Pyrohemia - Violent Eruption - Starstorm - Pyrokinesis - Street Spasm - Rolling Thunder - Boil - Arc Lightning - Steam Blast - Breath of Darigaaz - Slagstorm - Flame Jab - Pyroclasm - Flamebreak - Volcanic Fallout
1 year ago
I love the deck idea. Here are some suggestions for you to consider:
Also, Curse of Opulence is a fantastic in my mono-red list as both ramp and a political card.
+1 from me
1 year ago
Thank you for comment <3 I did forgot to update this deck :/ so i did fix my mistake now and hopefully you agree with whatever it is that I did to the deck. Most of the changes are made specifically to keep my commander on the battlefield and able to attack. I also added some of the best cards in the deck in form of: Cave of Temptation, Forge of Heroes, Opal Palace
There are also some loot effects now present in form of: Mad Prophet, Rummaging Goblin which work really good in conjunction with Sprouting Vines. I will now have a headache dealing with stuff you recommended to me, because i feel like i am really tight for deck spaces right now (any ideas what to swap for what?)
Thanks and stay safe in these unsafe times!
1 year ago
1 year ago
This is what I think that you can do:
For Big Game Hunter you can cut Terminate . The reason to do this is that you can rehuse the Hunter with Chainer, and Terminate is only an instant. And don't cut Bedevil or Chaos Warp because them can also kill other type of permanents.
I hope this helped you.
2 years ago
It is a cheaper Mad Prophet and of course better if you are running a madness theme