Choose two —
- Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Target player discards a card.
- Destroy target artifact.
- This deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
|Have (3)||, , metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
- Kolaghan's Command + Snapcaster Mage
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Kolaghan's Command + Living Lore
- Kolaghan's Command + Living Lore
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kolaghan's Command Discussion
1 week ago
Hey there, I used to play Jund in the past and this looks fairly similar to how the deck used to play. I would suggest adding Bloodbraid Elf since it benefits from your Ignoble Hierarch as well as giving you the huge advantage when you get the cascade into Kolaghan's Command. Death's Shadow is a great way to close out the game but other than self damage from lands and Thoughtseize it seems a bit difficult to justify. Dark Confidant and Liliana of the Veil make this deck want to take a more midrange approach to modern. Cards like Assassin's Trophy are great for getting rid of threats Jund normally can't but does give your opponent an additional mana which goes against the early to mid game plan. I'd recommend cutting 2 of those and maybe putting them into the sideboard to bring it at least 2 Fatal Push mainboard to deal with the heavy aggro approach most modern decks are nowadays. Hope this helps you some and keep on playing Jund!
1 week ago
Love this build, +1! =D
Edit: Oh, and maybe Snapcaster Mage!
3 weeks ago
Several things right off the bat:
4 Dress Downs looks like way too many. I'd cut to 3 (if you go up a Kroxa), or 2.
The threat density looks too light. I'd go up to 3-4 monkes and maybe up a Kroxa.
4 Claim / Fame seems a little overboard. I love the card but I don't know if 4 is the right number here. How has it been working for you?
Only 4 Thoughtseize seems low as well for GDS, I'd add some Inquisition of Kozilek.
The land count seems unnecessarily high - 17-19 is a good range. City of Brass is just bad in 3 color. Even though you can damage yourself to help Death's Shadow grow, there's no option to make mana without damaging yourself when you're low on life. I'd also add 2 Fiery Islet to guard against manaflooding.
1 month ago
I think you could maybe round out the removal suite a little by dropping 1 or 2 Trophies for Heartless Act.
Also, have you considered splashing red? Gives you access to Lightning Bolt, Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger, and Kolaghan's Command. 4 Scoozes definitely feels overboard so it would let you cut down a bit there. Kroxa + Scooze together would probably strain the manabase some though.
1 month ago
Personally for a pox list. I'd go 4 Vindicate (pox into vindicate is one of your stronger plays)
Chandra, Acolyte of Flame dose what you want dark dwellers to do but cheaper and more times.
Smiting Helix also seems like a obvious include. Mid game removal or discard and lighting helix for extra value
The other option is Nahiri, the Harbinger + emrakul package. As nahiri works as a solid wincon and interaction card.
Boom//bust is another option.
2 months ago
Always nice to see more jund lists in pioneer! I agree with a lot of what the two users above me have said about the deck.
That said, I have three general observations about this list that I think should be tweaked a bit.
1) Your curve is pretty high. Currently, you are running 2 5-drop threats and a whopping 6 4-drop threats. I don't think stuff like Rekindling Phoenix is good enough for the 4 mana it costs. Elder Gargaroth is a very strong card, but not having an immediate board impact makes it a lot worse, while Glorybringer can immediately attack and kill off an enemy creature.
2) You don't really have any great card advantage engines (that can play the role of Bob in the deck) which are crucial in long games. Two suggestions I have for this slot are Chevill, Bane of Monsters and Tireless Tracker. The first helps against aggro and usually requires some support from removal, while the second is more mana intensive but plays double duty as an engine and a threat.
3) A lot of your removal is sorcery speed. Excluding the 4 stomps, you only have 3 other instant speed removal spells. Stuff like Angrath's Rampage is versatile, but a 2-mana edict effect is just not that great against a lot of decks. I think it fits better in the sideboard. Bloodchief's Thirst and Dreadbore are both good cards but I think you should cut them to 1-2 copies each. 2-4 Fatal Push is definitely a must, even without the fetchlands of modern it is one of the best spot removal spells in the format. Similarly, I'd recommend some mix of 1-2 Abrupt Decay, 1-2 Assassin's Trophy, and maybe a Kolaghan's Command to round out the removal suite and replace the sorcery speed removal. Bontu's Last Reckoning also would probably do better in the sideboard against highly aggressive go-wide strategies - the card just feels like it would hurt you more than the opponent in a lot of other matchups (don't want to make the combo matchups even worse than they already are right?).
2 months ago
Thanks for the upvote and comment zapyourtumor!
Village Rites is one that I'm trying to find a place for because I LOVE the combo of taking a creature with Claim the Firstborn to then just sac it with Village Rites . The reason I haven't included it so far was that I was trying to keep the deck as concise and efficient as possible. Top decking a Village Rites can definitely be a feel bad. I'm playing Light Up the Stage instead so that even top decking it late game doesn't make it worthless.
Kolaghan's Command was in the original list as a one of. It could be a good sideboard card, but the three CMC competed with other cards like Chandra, Acolyte of Flame , Light Up the Stage , and Mayhem Devil .
Thoughtseize I don't believe is needed here since a lot of the combo decks got the ban hammer. It was in the original list though.
I agree with your logic on Extinction Event , but indestructible creatures destroy this deck and there is no way for me to come back. I feel like it is a necessary evil in the sideboard. At least until events come back and we can get a good feel for what the meta will be.
For the cards you suggested, what would you recommend I take out? What would you want to change?
2 months ago
Very nice deck! I like that it's a little different from the more standard jund sacrifice lists.
You mentioned you wish you had more card draw: Village Rites might work there. Kolaghan's Command is a nice grindy and versatile removal spell that can also blow up artifacts and let you reuse a creature.
In the sideboard, Extinction Event seems like a huge nonbo with Zulaport Cutthroat , since you don't even get death triggers. It also exiles all your cats. Wish there was something like Killing Wave in pioneer, that would be dope.