Gonti, Lord of Luxury
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Rogue
When Gonti, Lord of Luxury enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of target opponent's library, exile one of them face down, then put the rest on the bottom of that library in a random order. For as long as that card remains exiled, you may look at it, you may cast it, and your may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast it.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gonti, Lord of Luxury occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
- Panharmonicon/Wispweaver Angel/Gonti, Lord of Luxury interaction
- Card use and play
- Sacrificing my commander to Rescue from the Underworld: does it matter which zone the card goes to?
- Paying mana for Gonti cards
- If someone takes a card with Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Gonti is enchanted with Arrest, can the card be cast?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Gonti, Lord of Luxury Discussion
4 weeks ago
With the right ETB creatures in your graveyard, your opponents are going to have to consider highly whether popping your mutate creatures to begin with.
For instance, consider Gonti, Lord of Luxury as a base for a mutation. Really useful and solid ETB effect, something your opponents aren't going to want to have you recur. It's almost better to leave him on the board than to kill him.
The way I see it is, if you're gonna kill my mutation, I'm going to punish you for it. Recursion doesn't give you back enough tempo from losing a mutation. And all of the creatures come back as individual creatures on your board, and not as mutations with those added benefits. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the point of mutate is to create those additional benefits by mutating. So how will you make recursion more valuable in this deck than simply putting things back on your board?
Tbh I almost think effects like Mythos of Brokkos (graveyard to hand vs graveyard to battlefield) are better for this deck, because you get the option to re-cast and mutate at your whim.
2 months ago
Contamination is awesome. Probably a little too backbreaking for but it’s got a spot on the maybeboard for sure.
As for alternate commanders I really don't know. This is my first deep dive into Commander. I considered Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, and Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip when building the deck originally. But Sheoldred, Whispering One was always a favorite of mine.
2 months ago
So it really depends on what direction you want the deck to go. Mistmeadow Witch, Brago, King Eternal, Eldrazi Displacer, Roon of the Hidden Realm, Thassa, Deep-Dwelling, and Soulherder are good enablers to get more ETBs. Yarok, the Desecrated is just another Panharmonicon so another great choice. If you want to lean more on Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Zealous Conscripts, Restoration Angel, and Felidar Guardian go infinite with Kiki and are also good on their own. Some solid ramp/utility creatures are Agent of Treachery, Coiling Oracle, Peregrine Drake, Dockside Extortionist, Lavinia of the Tenth Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Sepulchral Primordial, Pramikon, Sky Rampart, and Stonehorn Dignitary, Dockside and Peregrine being able to go infinite with Deadeye Navigator. Some good removal are Hostage Taker, Knight of Autumn, Meteor Golem, Reclamation Sage, Reflector Mage, and Venser, Shaper Savant. And that's just scratching the surface. What are you looking to do in particular?
2 months ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: River Kelpie, Quicksilver Fountain, Fireshrieker, Jace's Archivist, Mesmeric Orb, Praetor's Grasp, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Dread Summons, Blight Herder, Mind Raker, Cryptic Cruiser, Murk Strider, Oracle of Dust, Ulamog's Nullifier, Ulamog's Reclaimer, Wasteland Strangler
2 months ago
Version 2.0 Upgrade:-Enchanted Carriage, +Renegade Freighter // -Screaming Shield, +Bonesplitter // -Prophet of the Peak, +Signal Pest // -Inquisitive Puppet, +Cultivator's Caravan // -Mana Leak, +Opt // -Mortivore, +Gonti, Lord of Luxury // -Renata, Called to the Hunt, +Witchstalker // -Vigorspore Wurm, +Gaea's Revenge // -Vorstclaw, +Genesis Hydra // -Hurricane, +Elvish Mystic // -Khalni Heart Expedition, +Utopia Sprawl // -Aerial Assault, +Banishing Light // -Wild Griffin, +Cleansing Nova // -Light of the Legion, +Raise the Alarm // -Cloud Crusader, +Midnight Haunting // -Frilled Mystic, +Hydroid Krasis // -Conclave Cavalier, +Camaraderie // -Sumala Woodshaper, +March of the Multitudes // -Worldsoul Colossus, +Selesnya Charm. Lockets out, signets in.
3 months ago
I think if you want to do a tribal deck, you can do that. I would pick though, between soldier/knight/warrior tribal because right now your payoffs are scattered about. Of the changelings, the two that I would keep in regardless of what you end up doing are Mirror Entity and Taurean Mauler. Mirror Entity itself is a wincon (get a big board, then make X huge). If you want to lean into Alesha's ability, I would target creatures to add in that have 2 or less power. So, if I were to break down that gameplan:
- Creatures that you want to cheat into play with Alesha, that otherwise have high casting costs/attacking restrictions, or creatures that have strong ETB effects so you can repeatedly abuse them.
- Ways to get creatures into the graveyard (either from hand or from the battlefield) so you can repeatedly abuse Alesha triggers:
- Some evasion effects for attacking and protecting Alesha
-Menace, Skulk, First Strike/Deathtouch, Lightning Greaves to protect Alesha
- Some backup reanimator plans, in case Alesha gets hated out of the game and it's hard to cast her.
Then I would generally focus on kinds of cards that you'll generally need, like Removal (for creatures/artifacts/enchantments, etc.), Card Draw, Ramp (in Mardu this is going to be a lot of artifact ramp), and Utility (stuff that doesn't quite fall into the other categories but is useful).
3 months ago
Suggestions: Better artifacts. -Golden Egg, +Chromatic Lantern // -Enchanted Carriage, +Renegade Freighter // -Screaming Shield, +Bonesplitter // -Prophet of the Peak, +Signal Pest // -Gate Colossus, +Shrine of Loyal Legions // -Inquisitive Puppet, +Cultivator's Caravan // -Mana Leak, +Opt // -Mortivore, +Gonti, Lord of Luxury.
3 months ago
1) I firmly adhere to the "live and let live" philosophy. Translated as let people play their decks. I refuse to run a Cyclonic Rift because it destroys gameplay. I also hate Gonti, Lord of Luxury and that kind of "Imma play YOUR deck" style.
2) If people aren't having fun, it's not a commander game. Period. I build decks with wacky interactions because I like to see folks' reactions.
4) Infinite combos need to win. The. Game. Not durdle until everyone ragequits.
5) Turn 3 "kill the table" combos need to die. Ok. Great. You win. Now you gotta sit there until the rest of us finish OUR game. If you complain, your deck will be banned from whatever game I'm playing and I'll intentionally slowplay just to piss you off.
6) Non-interactive decks need to die as well. If you don't want to play commander with other people, just stay home and goldfish.