Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
, Pay 1 life: Add or .
, , Sacrifice Sunbaked Canyon: Draw a card.
4 days ago
I'll have a look at you deck! It looks like a cool list. It's interesting looking at the similarities and differences. Osgir is damn cool, it's been fun seeing a Boros commander get really popular, and he makes for a fun deck. I ended up getting attached to Alibou specifically as a commander. I really just.. enjoy the top of deck manipulation, combined with removal and aggro.
1 month ago
It might have been outclassed by other legends from the deck. I enjoyed buiding all of them. As I write this comment, Osgir was my favorite to play just because of how unique and "Boros" it felt. It was nice to see Boros get some love from WOTC for once.
Lodestone Myr good point. I run the "continuous" artifacts that turn off when they are tapped and the Myr does that efficiently while also helping charge up the laser. If your deck gets more global/static artifacts reinvestigate.
The tokens are not artifacts. If you are looking for a land to do some work how about Sunbaked Canyon. Card draw in Boros is incredible.
Chance for Glory If you are looking for indestructible. Gives you another shot from Alibou cannon too.
6 months ago
Sunbaked Canyon is a must add. Card draw for burn is crucial. White opens up the sideboard for unique tech.
Skewer the Critics another playset of lightning bolts.
Grim Lavamancer I'm still a fan but has fallen out of favor.
8 months ago
- Poppet Stitcher Flip Is great when you have 1/1s but bad if they do anything more. Prowess is an ability so you tokens wouldn't be as strong. 3 mana is also fairly espensive. We would want to slow the game down more. I might suggest Luminarch Ascension being this is a value control deck. It helps keep card advantage and if you are holding mana you can sink it here at the end step.
- Manamorphose also seems pretty good in the deck its a spell that gives you your mana back/fixes it into any of your needed colors and is card neutral.
- Hard Evidence might be replaced with Slight of Hand or Serum Visions being you want to filter your deck better.
- You are sitting a 8 fetchlands i wouldnt go past 6, 6 shock lands is also high Jeskai control is current running 7 fetch and 3 shock lands.
- Consider Mystic Gate Castle Vantress Celestial Colonnade 1x Raugrin Triome Hall of Storm Giants 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire The creature lands can help close games or stall games when needed.They also are more evasive which can help. Utility lands are worth it they really help. Fiery Islet and Sunbaked Canyon can also help draw cards and filter. I run 5 in my burn deck.
- I also think 6 basics is a lot i would only do 2-3 personally. Espically when Seachrome Coast Inspiring Vantage and Spirebluff Canal exist.
- Spectral Procession is a good value card to think about, Lingering Souls is also a card but i wouldnt go that route personally.
- Boros Charm is also a great card that can protect against board wipes or give some burst with a mentor token or just give you the needed reach to close some games.
- Let me know if you want me to look at the deck some more
8 months ago
Although I am an EDH aficionado I too am a fan of the cheapest and fastest deck in Legacy.
Risk Factor might be worth a spot.
Skewer the Critics definetly worth a spot.
Sunbaked Canyon easy add. Opens up white utility in the sideboard.
9 months ago
Yeah as has been eluded to above, the only truely viable draw card in a burn deck is Sunbaked Canyon. Anything else is really just letting your opponent live for a turn longer than they should be.
10 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
1 year ago
Without the Puresteel Paladin, you only have 4 ways to cheat hammer in which is nowhere near enough. Luckily, you're in WR which means you have access to Magnetic Theft. I'd run a full playset else the deck isn't consistent enough. I'd probably cut paths or flings to make space.
Swiftblade Vindicator is a really good creature to equip as well. Although not a 1 drop (if only it had haste) but 11/11 double strike vigilance trample is basically gg.