Whenever an opponent draws a card, Underworld Dreams deals 1 damage to that player.
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Uncommon|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Underworld Dreams Discussion
1 week ago
This is more complicated than anything
So you play Lich's Mirror OK
You Play Underworld Dreams OK
You Donate the mirror, OK
You Kill them with infect
Because you want to win in the classiest stupidest worst way possible when they die of infect they will try to not lose the game with the mirror they will shuffle all permanents they OWN into their library and draw 7 cards get pinged for 7 attempt to lose the game get pinged for 7 and attempt to lose the game and get pinged for 7 and attempt to lose the game and get pinged for 7
Lich's mirror confuses me but I think you end up winning unless I'm being stupid which is always a distinct possibility
3 weeks ago
Deadshot5459, thanks for the suggestion, but Curse of Fool's Wisdom is not legal in modern. Even if it was, it is substantially worse than Overwhelming Splendor and even Curse of Thirst when it comes to closing out the game. It could certainly be built around and I actually have a deck (Gluttonous Downfall) that uses Underworld Dreams, Fate Unraveler, and sometimes Kederekt Parasite to do exactly what you're suggesting. To do the same thing here, I'd pretty much have to redesign the entire core of the deck and probably switch from orzhov to dimir. After all, Whispering Madness is usually better than Fatal Lore while also being modern legal.
1 month ago
If you're in grixis, its probably better to go for controlling the game until you can land the combo rather than ramping up into the combo. Although this combo seems really hard to pull off, there are definitely ways to improve it.
You could try going for a reanimator build: Izzet Charm discarding a Vilis, then reanimating it and giving it to your opponent with Role Reversal or Harmless Offering (second one is more narrow, but it works even if your opponent has no creatures). Instead of Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, you can also use Underworld Dreams or Fate Unraveler (I see you already have Kederekt Parasite in maybeboard but the only red permanent you have is Nicol Bolas so its not great)
1 month ago
Underworld Dreams is a card I have been monkeying around with lately that you might find some value in, as is the uncommon Ob Nixilis Planeswalker from War of the Spark (whose full card name presently eludes me) that could help you generate value in a mono-black version of this deck. Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage might also be an option as well. Small stings like those from Underworld Dreams don't seem like a lot, but if it causes your opponent to do something other than what they want to do on their turn, then you get value even greater than the benefit of the card. If you throw down Underworld Dreams and force your opponent to draw 2 using Ob Nixilis they have taken 3 damage and drawn you a card at end step. If they are forced to play around your strategy then your plays become stronger. If they are forced to kill your Planeswalker lest they suffer more damage or a lose a valued creature of their own rather than play a creature or advance their own strategy then you have essentially owned their turn, or at least, a part of their turn, and that is what control is all about.
1 month ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
2 months ago
Looks like a cool deck! I'm wondering why you chose to include Life Goes On and Underworld Dreams. Lifegain isn't especially useful in commander unless you have some specific synergies that it will power, and punishing opponents for drawing cards seems like it would go best in a deck that's forcing them to draw, like Nekusar, the Mindrazer. Unless your meta has a lot of decks that focus on card draw a little too much, in which case go for it.
I also notice that your mana curve is pretty high. Do you struggle with having enough ramp? If so, I'd replace either or both of the cards I mentioned above with some cheap ramp spells, like Search for Tomorrow or Rampant Growth
2 months ago
BURN THEM ALL!
Price of Knowledge could be a nice and fun addition. It has odd cmc, so it would work with Obosh and interacts well with Peer into the Abyss and other "target player draws" cards. Its also a decent punishment for someone who loves drawing a lot of cards (intentionally or not) without any enchantment removal. Its also decent for stuff like Kederekt Parasite and Underworld Dreams. :D
Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots/Whispersilk Cloak to protect Hidetsugu and Obosh.
2 months ago
You could consider playing a single copy of Sanctum of Stone Fangs just to get more triggers on your Savage Gorger and Bloodthirsty Aerialist, sometimes it could even be the extra damage needed to trigger Knight of the Ebon Legion too.
I don't think Heraldic Banner helps you much compared to just running 2 more Thirsting Bloodlord instead since you're not really ramping into anything that cost 5+ anyway, and you already have a lot of 3 drops.
A card like Underworld Dreams would usually work better in a more controlling deck, unless you make use of the devotion to hit harder with Gray Merchant of Asphodel or something like that. I would remove those 2 and play 1 more Erebos's Intervention and Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord instead. Those cards are too useful to be singletons.
I always find it pretty courageous when I see people run so few lands, I would need a really good reason to go under 22 lands in general. Speaking of lands, you might as well add a few Castle Locthwain in there.
Hopefully these suggestions are useful. Cheers!