|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
(1), Tap: Put a charge counter on Jeweled Amulet. Note the type of mana spent to pay this activation cost. Play this ability only if there are no charge counters on Jeweled Amulet.
Tap, Remove a charge counter from Jeweled Amulet: Add one mana of Jeweled Amulet's last noted type to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Jeweled Amulet Discussion
1 month ago
- Shadowblood Egg offers the perfect replacement to play Grenzo, Dungeon Warden (BR).
- I usually only get 1-2 uses of Springleaf Drum per game and when its a one-use card all it generally does is offer replacement--colorless to black or red.
- Just like Chromatic Star and Chromatic Sphere, Shadowblood Egg offers an additional path when building a Doomsday pile--put Dark Ritual or Lion's Eye Diamond on top of the pile and use it to draw a card.
- Shadowblood Egg offers the chance to draw a card after tutoring with Imperial Seal or Vampiric Tutor
The best overall scenario I can think of for Shadowblood Egg would be something like this:
- 5 mana available but, 7 needed (BBB + 2 colorless available but, BBBB + R + 2 needed)
- Use BBB to cast Doomsday
- Place Dark Ritual or Lion's Eye Diamond as the top card
- Use Shadowblood Egg (which is already in play) to draw a card and filter the 2 colorless mana to BR
- Cast Dark Ritual or crack Lion's Eye Diamond for 3 mana
- Cast Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
- 2-3 mana left to combo out
Also, I have been using Mox Amber over Jeweled Amulet and I have to say I am pleased with the results. I get to use my Mox Amber every game I cast it whereas, with Jeweled Amulet I only actually use it about 50% of the time when I draw it because it depends on me having extra mana to charge it. With regard to Grim Monolith, I have been running it as well and I typically use it to combo out or as ramp I can use with other cards that allow me to filter mana like the rituals and the priests/apprentice. The extra ramp from it has been nothing short of excellent especially when pulling it after casting Ad Nauseam.
2 months ago
I have a few questions,
2) What is the major advantage to using Jeweled Amulet instead of another 0 CMC artifact like Mox Amber? At best, Jeweled Amulet can be used every other turn and only offers replacement/filter/storage of a single mana. Mox Amber can be used as soon as Grenzo, Dungeon Warden is in play.
3) If using Plunge into Darkness as a quasi tutor, why not substitute it for Cruel Tutor? Cruel Tutor is sorcery speed so that is a small disadvantage and it has the drawback of placing the card on the top of the library but, that can be played around with Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Sensei's Divining Top, Scroll Rack and Necropotence.
7 months ago
Apologies for the delay, I had to write this twice.One time mana sources make a lot of sense since you do need 11 mana to play your commander and equip all in the same turn.Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mana Vault, Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, Treasonous Ogre, Vessel of Volatility, Simian Spirit Guide
EquipmentHammer of Nazahn, Helm of the Host, Lightning Greaves all good but how do you feel about Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault backup strategy? Sword of the Animist is a good equipment for this strategy as well but depending on the table may not be fast enough.
Love the counter package, no Dualcaster Mage?Fork, Burnout, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Glorious End, and of course Possibility Storm. Not a big fan of Veilstone Amulet in cedh but the makeup of your local meta will make or break this card. Active Volcano is probably too much.
Maybe too many colorless lands? I think you could cut one land overall but I understand you want to hit each land drop. Ancient Tomb, Buried Ruin, Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Command Beacon, Crystal Vein, Dwarven Ruins, Gemstone Caverns, 25xMountain, Sandstone Needle, Scorched Ruins, Sequestered Stash
Kuldotha Forgemaster is a good way to tutor the equipment into play.
Sphere of Resistance is a fantastic protection card but can make it easier for others to combo if you leave it out.
8 months ago
Hi, I am playing a 5C Scion deck and if you want to play 5C. Land and mana base if everything. But when you focus on 3 and splash 2 it helps a lot. Some lands that can be very useful.
Cheap to buy, do not come into play tapped and you can tap a land before returning it to your hand. Also, yes pain lands are a good cheap option too.
Also if you are interested my deck is called who says 5 is too much? seems a little slow but it has proven very consistent in multiplayers and team events. At our communities and among my friends this is my deck they fear most.
hope it helps
9 months ago
Is there a particular reason you use Pyramid of the Pantheon over Jeweled Amulet? Pyramid makes mana once every four turns and, if you don't have it turn 1, is pretty useless from the play testing I've done with this deck (it's a dead draw if drawn after turn 4). Jeweled Amulet looks less pretty, but your window for using it is much larger: You just need to have it any time before the turn you go off which is a lot more reasonable than the faux-Lotus Bloom that is Pyramid. I playtested mine real quick with the card added and didn't like it, then I play tested yours and still didn't like it.
Anyway, that's my recommendation: Remove Pyramid for Jeweled Amulet. Holding a mana over for the next turn is better than paying 4 to get 3 on the fourth turn.
10 months ago
11 months ago
Thanks a lot, that's quite high praise! Silence is a card I am actually thinking of trying to slot in. One possible option is replacing Reality Shift and Beast Within with Silence and Sign in Blood. That way I could cast Silence then repeatably cast Sign in Blood via a Timetwister loop to deck my opponents out for a secondary win condition. It ultimately comes down to which set of cards is more useful in general. I find the signet and tailsman very useful because they produce colored mana. This deck doesn't have a lot of colorless costs because of its extremely low average CMC. I'm already playing the cheaper rocks that produce colored mana (other than Jeweled Amulet) so they are pretty much the best options left. I need some mana rocks to make the Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo work.
Yeah when you're trying to build the best deck possible you end up using a lot of the same powerful cards like tutors and draw. I'll have to check out your list, it's always fun to compare! I do think the Birthing Pod combo is cool, but I think it is a bit too slow for this deck. Autumn's Veil was in an earlier version of the deck, but I eventually cut it for Dispel because it has a wider range of uses. Grand Abolisher is solid, but the double white cost can be annoying since it's my least used color.
Thanks for the nice critiques and suggestions!