|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
(1), Tap: Put a charge counter on Jeweled Amulet. Note the type of mana spent to pay this activation cost. Play this ability only if there are no charge counters on Jeweled Amulet.
Tap, Remove a charge counter from Jeweled Amulet: Add one mana of Jeweled Amulet's last noted type to your mana pool.
Jeweled Amulet Discussion
1 month ago
merdrach hey, thanks for the interest. I had a stable, tight list around mid-2018, but then I sold a lot of the pieces at Grand Prix Milwaukee in November. So, right now I don't have a paper list.
That doesn't take away my 4+ year mastery of the deck though, so I'll come out and say it, if you do want to play this deck, it's gonna be pricey. You need to begin with the payoffs, Ugin, all 5 playable Eldrazi Titans are all going to be what you want to pick up first. You can make budget choices with the ramp, but it's gonna be a lot slower obviously. Cards like Jeweled Amulet are surprisingly effective.
When you're building on a budget it's easy to fall into traps, Gruesome Slaughter for example, make no mistake, is unplayable unless you're running a less tuned version of this deck with 30+ creatures. Make sure that, for boardwipes, you get the full suite of Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Oblivion Stone , Nevinyrral's Disk , All Is Dust , and, if you're really into wiping the board, Perilous Vault , but you'd rather not exile all your ramp artifacts.
2 months ago
If you like to have a few more control and stax pieces, I think a have a few suggestions for you:
Tangle Wire: Probably the unfairest card when combined with Vorel. You can double its counters in response to the its triggers to keep up a gruesome lock. Can virtually only be removed by instants. Run Alchemist's Refuge too, so you can end the game in some way.
Seedborn Muse: She is just good :)
5 months ago
- Shadowblood Egg offers the perfect replacement to play Grenzo, Dungeon Warden (BR).
- I usually only get 1-2 uses of Springleaf Drum per game and when its a one-use card all it generally does is offer replacement--colorless to black or red.
- Just like Chromatic Star and Chromatic Sphere, Shadowblood Egg offers an additional path when building a Doomsday pile--put Dark Ritual or Lion's Eye Diamond on top of the pile and use it to draw a card.
- Shadowblood Egg offers the chance to draw a card after tutoring with Imperial Seal or Vampiric Tutor
The best overall scenario I can think of for Shadowblood Egg would be something like this:
- 5 mana available but, 7 needed (BBB + 2 colorless available but, BBBB + R + 2 needed)
- Use BBB to cast Doomsday
- Place Dark Ritual or Lion's Eye Diamond as the top card
- Use Shadowblood Egg (which is already in play) to draw a card and filter the 2 colorless mana to BR
- Cast Dark Ritual or crack Lion's Eye Diamond for 3 mana
- Cast Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
- 2-3 mana left to combo out
Also, I have been using Mox Amber over Jeweled Amulet and I have to say I am pleased with the results. I get to use my Mox Amber every game I cast it whereas, with Jeweled Amulet I only actually use it about 50% of the time when I draw it because it depends on me having extra mana to charge it. With regard to Grim Monolith, I have been running it as well and I typically use it to combo out or as ramp I can use with other cards that allow me to filter mana like the rituals and the priests/apprentice. The extra ramp from it has been nothing short of excellent especially when pulling it after casting Ad Nauseam.
6 months ago
I have a few questions,
2) What is the major advantage to using Jeweled Amulet instead of another 0 CMC artifact like Mox Amber? At best, Jeweled Amulet can be used every other turn and only offers replacement/filter/storage of a single mana. Mox Amber can be used as soon as Grenzo, Dungeon Warden is in play.
3) If using Plunge into Darkness as a quasi tutor, why not substitute it for Cruel Tutor? Cruel Tutor is sorcery speed so that is a small disadvantage and it has the drawback of placing the card on the top of the library but, that can be played around with Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Sensei's Divining Top, Scroll Rack and Necropotence.
11 months ago
Apologies for the delay, I had to write this twice.One time mana sources make a lot of sense since you do need 11 mana to play your commander and equip all in the same turn.Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mana Vault, Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, Treasonous Ogre, Vessel of Volatility, Simian Spirit Guide
EquipmentHammer of Nazahn, Helm of the Host, Lightning Greaves all good but how do you feel about Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault backup strategy? Sword of the Animist is a good equipment for this strategy as well but depending on the table may not be fast enough.
Love the counter package, no Dualcaster Mage?Fork, Burnout, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Glorious End, and of course Possibility Storm. Not a big fan of Veilstone Amulet in cedh but the makeup of your local meta will make or break this card. Active Volcano is probably too much.
Maybe too many colorless lands? I think you could cut one land overall but I understand you want to hit each land drop. Ancient Tomb, Buried Ruin, Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Command Beacon, Crystal Vein, Dwarven Ruins, Gemstone Caverns, 25xMountain, Sandstone Needle, Scorched Ruins, Sequestered Stash
Kuldotha Forgemaster is a good way to tutor the equipment into play.
Sphere of Resistance is a fantastic protection card but can make it easier for others to combo if you leave it out.
1 year ago
Hi, I am playing a 5C Scion deck and if you want to play 5C. Land and mana base if everything. But when you focus on 3 and splash 2 it helps a lot. Some lands that can be very useful.
Cheap to buy, do not come into play tapped and you can tap a land before returning it to your hand. Also, yes pain lands are a good cheap option too.
Also if you are interested my deck is called who says 5 is too much? seems a little slow but it has proven very consistent in multiplayers and team events. At our communities and among my friends this is my deck they fear most.
hope it helps
Jeweled Amulet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%