Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your upkeep, populate. (Create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control.)
1 month ago
Ok I just realized I can not edit that comments :) since the gameplan looks now clearer to me I would change some cuts and make some other suggestions.
Caller of the Pack Very expensive, After you tapped out and if it sticks ( survives one whole round ) you only got more fatties out of it and the tokens will leave the field then!. -> Armada Wurm costs less, has more devotion towards your gods Karametra, God of Harvests, Heliod, Sun-Crowned and the token sticks
Impervious Greatwurm is strictly MORE-WIN. -> Instead of a meaningless fatty I would include a fatty that helps at least your creatures and tokens ( If you manage to fokus on something here.. ) Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Nyx-Fleece Ram slow and only viable in enchantress or lifegain ( well seems you would like lifegain ) I would suggest Authority of the Consuls instead. No one want to kill Authority of the Consuls and it triggers all the time I have seen it. There is also Soul's Attendant in creature form but the enchantment is stictly better ( it sticks around as an engine )
Trudge Garden this card is just playable if you commit more to lifegain... so yeah lets do that. dont cut this anymore pls.
Conclave Guildmage This fragile setup card has no synergy rate. Token 4cmc to expensive and tapping for trample is something you will mathematically never really benefit from. I would replace it with some real oomph here -> The Great Henge ( Its really broken )
Heal the Scars is way to expensive to hold back for a battle trick. Unplayable. -> If you want stuff like that I would let it die and play -> Momentous Fall. Can also be used If it would die in your combat step.
Trelasarra, Moon Dancer as far as the math went ( or is ) you dont get any meaningfull recursive life but you can try him would not cut him anymore.
Second Harvest This is a card just playable if you commit 100% towards tokens. Dont make the deck bad Instead of a WINMORE play WIN. You dont want to pay 4mana for cloning one or two 1/1 or 2/2 tokens -> I would replace it with Archangel of Thune
Knotvine Paladin maybe you misread this it does not get a +1/+1 counter it just gets +1/+1 until end of turn. This card has no synergy anf if you think it gets big because of all the creatures you have then its MORE-WIN - replace it with some protection (lacking in the deck) Heroic Intervention
1 month ago
I would think about
Growing Ranks This is a card just playable if you commit more towards tokens.
Spirit Link This card is a 'two for one' IF the creature dies also spirit link dies. 'two for one' is frustrating a lot.
Trudge Garden this card is just playable if you commit more to lifegain
Mirari is unplayable here. dead card. That fits in a blue wizard spellslinger/artifact deck
Chatterstorm unplayable. this is no storm/spellslinger deck at all.
1 month ago
I really like the look of this deck, it seems thoughtfully put together with strong synergies and a clear strategy. Plenty of lords rarely go wrong and I can imagine the deck having a strong board presence. The Thalia's Lieutenant + Worthy Knight combo seems particularly strong. It’s also interesting to see Knight Exemplar and Dauntless Bodyguard used in a different way from how I play them myself.
I have one suggestion for you. Since you seem unsure about Selesnya Charm have you looked at the populate mechanic? Rootborn Defenses or Growing Ranks come to mind, but there are other cards too. You would loose some utility yes, but in the case of Rootborn Defences protection via indestructibility is powerful, and populate could work well together with your creature tokens. Best case scenario you’d populate a Human Token which triggers Thalia's Lieutenant.
Good luck with the deck, I’ll have a look at your other knight decks when I’m able ;)
4 months ago
There are actually a lot of reasons for using black and green and not just red white and blue.
I just looked at your list and actually really like it... I like the inclusion of the amass mechanic in yours.
5 months ago
Rhys the Redeemed, Sundering Growth, and Growing Ranks are al white cards, making them illegal in your deck. for replacements, I can recommend Abomination of Llanowar, Reclamation Sage, and Sylvan Offering.
6 months ago
Sorry pressed post instead of preview...
so where were we: Ah yes. or Camaraderie came with the last change, and they are in some situations ok, but on the other side I am never really happy when I get them. thats the same with some other mentioned cards also. Like Feldon of the Third Path, Growing Ranks or Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering. they are ok, the first one is nice with low HP commander. For example you attack with Ghired and get blocked by a 3/3 but also then its no world changer. for Eldrazi Displacer: This card is nice to protect the commander, and to get additional Rhinos. but 2 be honest, mostly this card gives not the practical value than I expected. I also really like your Ramp suggestions, I wasnt aware that there are so much Ramp cards which actually give you an untapped land.
And Again: I am really happy to see a new dawn for this deck, and look forward to get new cards to make the changes and playtest it. Where are you from, btw? This post seems to contain so much love in detail and so much work, I dont know how to thank you accordingly. thats really awesome I was totally shocked this morning.
6 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
8 months ago
You have a lot of token support in Parallel Lives and Growing Ranks and Second Harvest. I think you should trim some of that and add more actual ooze creatures. Another reason I think you should trim the tokens theme is because there just aren't many oozes that make tokens.
Splitting Slime isn't legal, but the card isn't that good anyways. Consuming Blob is another fun ooze that makes copies of itself. You could also add Inexorable Blob, but this would require more of a graveyard build around. Some good oozes that aren't token themed are Predator Ooze (3-drop indestructible threat??) and Scavenging Ooze (grave hate on a stick that grows).
For the ramp package, Wild Growth isn't legal. I recommend adding 4x Utopia Sprawl and 4x Arbor Elf. I'd cut Llanowar Tribe. It isn't really helping much if you drop it on t3, and then use it on t4 to play a 5 drop. Might as well just run 1-drop mana dorks instead.