Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Greenweaver Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Greenweaver Druid Discussion
2 months ago
They have the same CMC (3)
GD cost 2G, but LT is GGG, so it gives you +2 green devotion
GD taps for GG, but LT taps for GGG
GD is 1/1, but LT is 3/3 which gives you +2 power for Ghalta's cost reduction
Since LT is literally 3 Llanowar Elves stapled together, the artwork is 3 historic artworks of Llanowar Elves standing side by side
- GD cost $0.13, but LT cost $0.51
3 months ago
You might like these: Ilysian Caryatid, Springbloom Druid, Elvish Rejuvenator, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Engineer, Walking Atlas, Llanowar Scout, Chakram Retriever, Retreat to Coralhelm, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Citanul Hierophants, Drumhunter, Karametra's Acolyte, Rogue's Passage
4 months ago
GrizzlyAtom: Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the list! Safe to say you hit the nail on the head on almost all of your choices. However, I do highly recommend you make a couple of changes for the general consistency of the deck.
Seeker of Skybreak : Same thing as before, though considerably weaker since you NEED the dork to be out, so this is a potential dead draw or another 2 drop 1 mana dork.
Krosan Restorer : I get the need to overload the deck with repetitive effects, but this can over saturate your deck with non impactful creatures.
Greenweaver Druid : This is just bad, even with the cost reduction.
Elvish Piper : With the lack of high cmc creatures, this is just a gimmicky card we wish can always run.
Elvish Harbinger : Though being a two thanks to Nylea, top of the deck tutors aren't too great.
Sword of the Paruns ; As you said, 7 mana is too much.
Elvish Guidance / Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip: I get why you want to run this, but it ain't worth it to run both. I'd drop the Rites over the Guidance, since you can use Arbor Elf on a forest with guidance.
Leyline of Lifeforce : You have enough of this effect, even if this would be super awesome turn 0.
Once Upon a Time : Doesn't scale too well in EDH.
These won't be direct swaps to the cuts and more of a series of cards that you should highly consider as I don't want to cramp your style.
Emergence Zone : Adds the ability to set up OR win on someone elses' turn for a land swap.
Oakhame Adversary : Draw to get your combo pieces and an elf for your count. More often or not a 2 drop in most cEDH metas and a 1 drop in some cases for you.
Runic Armasaur : More draw, draw from fetches and creature based combos.
Seedborn Muse : I know what you're thinking, "I barely have instants". Your commander is an indestructible digger, every turn you'd get to refill your hand.
The Stax pieces: Go for them, you have the outlet in the command zone and you break parity with mana dorks and a cost reducer at the helm. Tangle Wire , Trinisphere . Root Maze , Manglehorn , Collector Ouphe , Null Rod , Winter Orb , Thorn of Amethyst , Sphere of Resistance and maybe Defense Grid are worth it. Hall of Gemstone :Not good because it can lock out interaction that could be needed to stop another player.
Great Oak Guardian : Recognize that your wins are generated by untaps, and an instant speed board untapper is a recipe for success. It can also save your field from damage wipes and goes infinite with Temur Sabertooth . Also makes Tooth and Nail better.
Carpet of Flowers : Ridiculous ramp, 100% must.
Beast Within : Catch-all removal in monogreen. Definitely a staple.
I hope this helps, I love the deck, will be keeping up with it. Final recommendation would be to use a similar categorization that I used in Yeva for your list as it helps you visualize your deck based off function and see where it is lacking.
5 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
7 months ago
1 year ago
You play green, man!
Leave all this silly fixing with lands to colors that don't know how to ramp and color fix.
If you are willing to spend a bit and don't mind to play creature ramp:
Counterspells are bad in maelstrom. You never want to see them from cascade, its the worst. Or at least play counterspells with some alternative upside. Also, 4 mana counters mostly suck.
Also, some cards are mostly useless
Zo-Zu the Punisher (good card, wrong deck)
1 year ago
You need more cards for early ramp, and don't underestimate the power of 3 CMC cards that ramp for 2 mana. You could try Joraga Treespeaker, Nature's Lore, Bloom Tender, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Overgrowth, Knotvine Mystic, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Worn Powerstone, and Thran Dynamo.
You could also try Stubborn Denial as a counterspell.
1 year ago
You may want to cleanup some of the creature types that you have - especially if you want to include Gilt-Leaf Archdruid. For mana, look for: Devoted Druid, Druid of the Cowl. Greenweaver Druid may be a little more difficult to use, but, it's good bang for the buck, and card-efficient.
For dual-purpose cards that would help with the saprolings: Druid's Deliverance.