|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Greenweaver Druid Discussion
8 months ago
You play green, man!
Leave all this silly fixing with lands to colors that don't know how to ramp and color fix.
If you are willing to spend a bit and don't mind to play creature ramp:
Counterspells are bad in maelstrom. You never want to see them from cascade, its the worst. Or at least play counterspells with some alternative upside. Also, 4 mana counters mostly suck.
Also, some cards are mostly useless
Zo-Zu the Punisher (good card, wrong deck)
9 months ago
You need more cards for early ramp, and don't underestimate the power of 3 CMC cards that ramp for 2 mana. You could try Joraga Treespeaker, Nature's Lore, Bloom Tender, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Overgrowth, Knotvine Mystic, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Worn Powerstone, and Thran Dynamo.
You could also try Stubborn Denial as a counterspell.
11 months ago
You may want to cleanup some of the creature types that you have - especially if you want to include Gilt-Leaf Archdruid. For mana, look for: Devoted Druid, Druid of the Cowl. Greenweaver Druid may be a little more difficult to use, but, it's good bang for the buck, and card-efficient.
For dual-purpose cards that would help with the saprolings: Druid's Deliverance.
1 year ago
I would take out the following as they usually aren't needed or don't perform as well as you would think they would. Sakura-Tribe Scout, Whisperer of the Wilds, Civic Wayfinder, Search for Tomorrow, Ranger's Path, Hunting Wilds, Overgrowth, Woodfall Primus, Yavimaya Elder, Wild Growth, Chrome Mox, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid and I would also take out 2 lands. Again I ask your thoughts on my opinion in this matter.
Also Greater Good is well great also because of the card draw and also Green Sun's Zenith. There are some other cards that I think could help as well but I am afraid I have gone on too much at this moment in time
1 year ago
No problem man, here is what competitive Selvala looks like. My advice would be to make your list as close to this list over time, and of course what you feel comfortable with $$.
Some things that immedietly stood out to me that have no place in a competitive deck are: Archetype of Endurance, Argothian Elder, Colossus of Akros, Elvish Piper, Forgotten Ancient, Garruk's Horde, Genesis Hydra, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Sage, Heroes' Bane, Hydra Broodmaster, Hydra Omnivore, Karametra's Acolyte, etc (I give up, I'd be typing a lot of cards.
Not trying to bash your deck at all, I'm just trying to make a point that competitive is a whole other beast :) What you have now may work for you and thats totally fine. Competitive Selvala however looks like the list I linked, and can win as soon as she can make mana which can be turn 3-5 consistently.
1 year ago
Hey there! Cool Dragon deck you have here! I have some comments for you:
- First of all, your mana base looks a little low on lands. I would recommend going up to around 24 lands or so. Also, if you have the money, I would recommend investing in some dual-lands that enter the battlefield untapped sometimes, like Rootbound Crag, Cinder Glade, or Karplusan Forest. This isn't necessary by any means, though, so feel free to just add a couple basics and move on with your life :)
- As I mentioned earlier, I would recommend cutting most of your 1-ofs. I would recommend picking 1-3 really powerful dragons, and running 2-3 copies of each, rather than 1-2 copies of 9 different dragons. Here are the ones I would cut: Archwing Dragon, Destructor Dragon, Harbinger of the Hunt, Hunted Dragon, Lightning Shrieker, and Siege Dragon.
- I would instead run 2 Atarka, World Render, 3 Foe-Razer Regent, and 3 Savage Ventmaw.
- Thunderbreak Regent is an amazing card here. 4 mana for a 4/4 flying dragon with upside is fantastic.
- Elvish Mystic is probably better ramp than Voyaging Satyr, so I would replace the 4 Satyrs with 3 Mystics. If you really want the access to red mana, and you decide to go with Cinder Glades as your additional nonbasics, Arbor Elf is also an option (Cinder Glade is technically a Forest).
- Overgrowth is also probably better than Greenweaver Druid, because the Druid is so fragile. A 1/1 will die to any removal spell, while an enchantment will just sit around on your land making you mana.
- While this may not be easy to understand, Crucible of Fire doesn't really do much. If you have three or four dragons being pumped by it, you're probably winning already. This is what we call a "win-more" card, and you can read more about why they're not great for your deck here if you'd like.
- Dragon Tempest, on the other hand, is really good here. It should be your primary source of removal, so I'd replace the three Bathe in Dragonfires with Dragon Tempests, flavorful though they may be.
- Guild Feud and Ulvenwald Tracker also don't do a lot. Sure, the Tracker is good removal, but you have better removal. Guild Feud lets you get dragons out, but you can already get dragons out for 6 mana. I'd cut both of them.
If you make all of these changes, your deck might look a little something like this: Sarkhan's Dragons 2.0. I'll be sure to leave it up for at least a couple weeks if you'd like.
I'm a huge fan of green/red ramp-style decks, so it's always fun for me to see a new Dragon player out there :)
In any case, good luck!
1 year ago
Hey looking for some feed back on this deck, it's a budget deck and relatively fun to play but what are some good cards to add as I don't have a side board yet.
1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker (Planeswalker, Mythic Rare)1 Atarka, World Render (Rare)1 Archwing Dragon (Rare)1 Crucible of Fire (Rare)1 Dragon Tempest (Rare)1 Foe-Razer Regent (Rare)3 Frontier Siege (Rare)1 Guild Feud (Rare)1 Ulvenwald Tracker (Rare)2 Setessan Tactics (Rare)1 Hunted Dragon (Rare)1 Siege Dragon (Rare)1 Harbinger of the Hunt (Rare)
1 year ago
Hey, looks good, +1
Here's some suggestions:
- Regal Force can replace Shamanic Revelation because it's a creature; it can be tutored for with any number of creature tutors. Revelation can't be tutored for.
- Eternal Witness is missing. She's a staple in green decks because she's a creature she can be tutored for and is great with both Fauna Shaman and Survival of the Fittest. She can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Greenweaver Druid, much more impact.
- Concordant Crossroads has already been suggested. It lets you go nuts with mana Elves the turn it's played for only one mana. It can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Search for Tomorrow. I don't think you need a land ramp spell here. If you can't suspend Search turn one it's completely lackluster for three mana. If you want a land ramp spell Nature's Lore is much better.
- Worldly Tutor can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Primal Command. Primal is pretty mana expensive for what it does here because it doesn't put the creature you tutor for into play. At one mana instant Worldly can tutor for Priest of Titania or Ulamog that alone is worth it and seems much better for your strategy.
- Cavern of Souls and Yavimaya Hollow. I think these utility lands can replace the Eldrazi lands because you don't really need the cost reduction of the Eldrazi because mana is not a problem where as Cavern can protect Elves from counters and Yavimaya can protect a creature from removal or board wipe.
Good luck with your deck.
Greenweaver Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%