Whenever a Forest is tapped for mana, its controller adds to his or her mana pool.
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vernal Bloom occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Vernal Bloom Discussion
3 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
3 months ago
@Profet93, actually Unstable Frontier does have some utility in this deck. You can use it with Arbor Elf to untap an nonbasic land such as Maze of Ith , Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx or Gaea's Cradle . Furthermore if Vernal Bloom or Nissa, Who Shakes the World is on the battlefield you could tap the Frontier to turn either Maze of Ith or Glacial Chasm into a forest which could then be used as ramp. These are only two very small interactions, but there are other green spells that can have interesting interactions with Unstable Frontier turning non-basic lands into forests such as Quirion Ranger who can also be used to effectively untap non-basic lands in tandem with the Frontier as well as bounce lands before they receive flood counters without the Unstable Frontier . Nothing too crazy, but not necessarily useless either.
8 months ago
Thank you for your advice tomjetski, I made the mistake of not buying my Doubling Season before war of the spark was released and it doubled in price. So now I'm waiting for it to come down to something a bit more reasonable. As for Hardened Scales I've seen many others include it in their Gargos decks, but in mine at least I kinda try to cast my hydras for stupid amounts. Adding one little counter for each hydra doesn't seem worth to me. As for the lands I've been hesitant to reduce the amounts of forests in my deck because cards that use forests like Vernal Bloom and Nissa, Who Shakes the World . If the lands are great then I'll include them. I think Karn's Bastion is worth it but Oran-Rief, the Vastwood I use in a lot of my decks but decided against here because I didn't include affects such as Hardened Scales . And so it doesn't really do anything because you might as well just use the mana for X's. I'll try to make room for a trample effect in here somewhere though thanks for that, as well as for reminding me of Death's Presence . I meant to add that in somewhere along the line but kinda forgot about it. Thanks again!
8 months ago
Interesting that you omitted Unbound Flourishing as it's basically the tribal hydra card.
Rishkar's Expertise would also fit very well in here.
Ulvenwald Tracker is one of the few repeatable creature removal cards in green.
Surrak, the Hunt Caller is a great haste enabler.
Giving your creatures flash is a great way to avoid board wipes and get the upper hand so I suggest including Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Vedalken Orrery , and Yeva, Nature's Herald . Alongside flash if you populate your deck with more instants than sorceries you can take advantage of a card like Veilstone Amulet which allows you deny your opponent spot removal and can still trigger Gargos.
Mono green has some of the most powerful, one sided ramp effects so I'm just going to list a ton. Some of these are upgrades to existing cards you have in the deck already and some you probably haven't considered yet. These are usually the cards I include first in every mono green deck.
8 months ago
Alright buddy other things that I believe would be good in the deck are below.
I’d recommend about 36 lands to get started as most of these creatures need a lot. Haven’t looked at utility lands yet though.
9 months ago
On the infinite mana angle, I would take the land rout too - Wild Growth , Vernal Bloom and other similar effects + Krosan Restorer type untaps + any of your untap effects = an infinite loop. Has the benefit of just being mana ramp on its own.