|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Retreat to Coralhelm
Landfall &mdash Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, choose one —
- You may tap or untap target creature.
- Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom or your library.)
Retreat to Coralhelm Discussion
2 days ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. If one of your first Commander decks well done.
Consider more cards that can help blue devotion, give you value when your creatures are unblockable or be upgrades for cards here? Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir : counts for three devotion, flash in your creatures including Thassa and prevent your opponents from casting cards at instant speed.
- Tempest Djinn : counts for three devotion, flying and gets more power as you play more Islands.
- Bident of Thassa : draw a lot of cards with unblockable creatures or flying creatures.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best enchantments for repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Mirage Mirror : good with Willbreaker , repeatable source of targeting, target an opponent creature for 2 mana to steal it while also making Mirror a copy of that creature until EOT.
- Retreat to Coralhelm : good with Willbreaker, repeatable no mana cost source of targeting an opponent's creature on your turn as long as you can play a land.
- High Tide
- Frantic Search
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
- Surrakar Spellblade
- Silent Submersible
- Broodbirth Viper : draw with myriad.
- Curious Obsession
- Ophidian Eye
- Sower of Temptation
- Roil Elemental : counts for three devotion, steal an opponents creature just by playing a land.
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more help to make cuts. Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
I think Drift of Phantasms would be really good in this deck because it allows you to tutor for Retreat to Coralhelm if you don't have it in hand, or you could search for Laboratory Maniac if you don't have that in hand. Easier access to combo pieces.
5 days ago
Laboratory Maniac is a nice choice for the Llanowar Scout + Retreat to Coralhelm + Simic Growth Chamber combo cause you can have out tatyova draw your library in a controlled fashion and play lab man when he gets drawn
2 weeks ago
05 May 2019 update:
Major overhauling of the deck; added new cards from War of The Sparks:
Karn's Bastion > Island
Evolution Sage > Renegade Krasis
Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner > Endless One
With the return of proliferate mechanic in WAR is a godsend to this deck as it greatly helped with the sub-theme of proliferating the various counters on our permanents. Also the synergy between Evolution Sage and Fertilid is just bonkers.
It is just sad that the sole hydra in the set ( Bioessence Hydra ) relies on planeswalkers to get it's counters and this deck only planeswalker is Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner which main purpose is for an additional activation of our commander among other things with her minus ability. She compliments with both Seedborn Muse and Retreat to Coralhelm to increase the number of activation of our commander. Looking for a slot to jam in Murkfiend Liege .
Will wait for the rotation of Hydroid Krasis to soften the card's price.
3 weeks ago
Now that I look... I don't have any land fetch. Thanks for pointing that out.
If I get Ruin Ghost and Retreat to Coralhelm or Walking Atlas with any bounce land then I can trigger whichever landfall effect I have in play. My previous build of this deck had Black with Ob Nixilis, the Fallen and Retreat to Hagra as a path to victory.
2 months ago
This list really needs a Laboratory Maniac for a few reasons
It can be a secondary wincon because there are times you can go off almost by accident
just a thought, looks like a blast to play, as are most Tatyova, Benthic Druid lists :)
3 months ago
I'm currently making an Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle deck myself and i'm running a lot of untap cards ( Argothian Elder , Krosan Restorer , Pemmin's Aura , Freed from the Real and Counter removal cards ( Power Conduit , Clockspinning , and Chisei, Heart of Oceans .
Shimmering Wings can be cast as many times as you have 2 blue mana and has the added benefit of giving your creature flying.
3 months ago
into the wild is a good way to get an extra and free land every turn, and would probably be extremely effective in your deck with the huge land count. Retreat to Coralhelm will also allow you to get some scrying or tapping down creatures, Retreat to Kazandu will also give you a landfall trigger to utilize.
Retreat to Coralhelm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%