, : Double the amount of each type of mana in your mana pool.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||metergram , shiftalope , WayneKerr|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Doubling Cube occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Doubling Cube Discussion
22 hours ago
Doubling Cube is only good if you can reliably untap it and activate it a few times also you need like seven lands to get "value" out of it. Cut it. 37-38 lands is perfect and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a good one to put in that I forgot last time. Cut some lands and put in what cards you like in the suggestions.
1 day ago
Thank you criscofieldsforever. I really appreciate your suggestions. This is the kind of constructive criticism I was looking for as when I first put this deck together I just knew something was not right with it. I do have one question being, should I keep the Doubling Cube in the deck if I have so much land or should I lower the amount of basic land mana I have and just fill in the gaps with some of your card suggestions (ie the board wipes)?
1 week ago
I'd say drop cards like Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Reclamation Sage, Springbloom Druid. Hexdrinker, Fertilid.. basically anything that's too tribal-adjacent for different options. I know Animar is your commander, but turning creatures like Reclamation Sage or Springbloom Druid into an instant speed option like Krosan Grip or Harrow respectively allows you to play more interactively. Since you're in blue colors now, throwing in a Counterspell or three would help keep your beaters safe from people who would rather see them dead... AEther Snap would be a pretty rough hit if it went uncountered! Also, card draw options that rely on a creature's power are very good in a deck like this. Rishkar's Expertise, Return of the Wildspeaker, Life's Legacy, Greater Good or Momentous Fall all turn your board state into card advantage or provide ways to turn a negative situation into a positive one. Finally (and I'm sure this is coming soon) but you would probably want to fix your mana base to accommodate Temur colors. Being able to cast your commander is always a nice part of the format. :) One other mana rock you may be interested in if it's not too expensive for you is Doubling Cube. I've always found it to be fun in hydras myself. Hope something I said here helps. I'll be around if you want to discuss the deck more!
3 weeks ago
I did actually see the new Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath deck going around reddit recently and I am seriously considering it. The fact that you get a decent commander that also serves as an outlet is just so compact that it might convince me to switch off the big mana theme and go all-in on the combo with Food Chain lines and perhaps even Isochron Scepter. My biggest concern is that I lose a lot of meme value and I would have to cut a lot of pet cards like Wilderness Reclamation and Doubling Cube because Kruphix is no longer in the command zone.
I really want a Bloom Tender but the reason I don't have one yet is because $40-50 is quite prohibitive for a dork that taps for 1-2. If I were in more colors (especially 4-5) it would be more of a priority imo.
Freed from the Real is an interesting one that I haven't thought of before. I'm worried that right now because I have only Incubation Druid and Kiora's Follower as decent targets it might be a bit too dead, but I will add it and see how it does.
Thanks for your feedback!
4 weeks ago
Nyxbloom Ancient states if you tap a permanent for mana it produces 3 times as much, in its gatherer, it states that any mana ability with a tap symbol in its text is affected by this effect.
Doubling Cube says pay 3, tap, double the amount of mana in your mana pool. The gatherer ruling states this is a mana ability.
Example: To keep things simple... I use doubling cube, I have 25 blue mana in my mana pool. Doubling cube then see's this and creates 25 mana, Nyxbloom see's the mana ability activating and then triples 25 to 75, 75 mana is then added to the pool for a total of 100 blue mana.
Am I on the correct thought process or have I gone too far off the rails?
1 month ago
I would not take out the talisman. Leave that in. You want as many rocks that come in untapped as possible. You should probably trash the others. I'd do Sol Ring , Arcane Signet , Dimir Signet , Talisman of Dominance , Wayfarer's Bauble , Fellwar Stone , Mind Stone , Gilded Lotus , Turnabout , Cabal Ritual , and possibly Doubling Cube
1 month ago
So Nyxbloom Ancient was spoiled. I personally think this card is stupidly busted.
This thing triples all mana from any source. So a land, like Gaea's Cradle now gives you 3x as much as the number of creatures you control. Doubling Cube now produces 6x as much mana that's still in your pool. Sol Ring now taps for an ungodly . The same is true for Ancient Tomb and Mana Crypt .
I feel like this accelerates any deck with green in it to unfathomable speeds, and will enable going infinite far easier. Many infinite combos require multiple ways to squeeze out extra mana and this thing just gives it to you for free.
I just feel like it's absurd. You know it's going to become an auto-include in literally every deck with green in it.
- "So why not just remove it?"
Well, two things.
- 1.) Any player with a good sense will find a way to protect it. Hexproof is very cheap and easy to slap on anything.
- 2.) Once it hits the field, you can go infinite or explode into a wincon. It doesn't actually need to stick around for very long. And since tapping for mana doesn't use the stack, this means your opponent's don't get a chance to respond; Once it's on the field and you maintain priority, there is nothing your opponent's can do except watch you add hundreds or thousands of mana.
I just feel like it's broken in the wrong ways.
1 month ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.