|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Hall of Gemstone
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player chooses a color. Until end of turn, lands tapped for mana produce mana of the chosen color instead of any other color.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hall of Gemstone Discussion
6 days ago
Thank you for your suggestion earlier of Portal it helps me out especially with the cards going to my hand.
Looking through your list have you thought about Genesis Hydra as it is a card that is essentially a tutor and away to pump out large amounts of Mana the next turn
Maybe Hall of Gemstone as a way to shut down opponents playing multicolored decks and stopping your cards from being countered from colored cards other than green.
1 week ago
Hey! Thanks for your input.
This is actually a French Duel Commander deck, and with 20 life most of those cards aren't as good in my opinion:
- Tireless Tracker is a very good card that I played for a while, but in a super-aggro meta it's removed very easily and does nothing before dying because you don't want to spend your mana on using your Clue tokens.
- I love Sylvan Library with 30 life, but with 20 life you almost never want to draw the extra cards, and the card doesn't accelerate your real strategy enough.
- Lotus Cobra as well stayed for a long time in this deck, and makes for very explosive turns, but it's a 2 CMC with 1 toughness, and it barely ever stayed long enough on the battlefield to work well.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip is too slow as well, for 3 mana I expect at least the land to enter the battlefield right away. Reaching seven lands with it in play is hard too because she dies easily, and even then her planeswalker's abilities are underwhelming if you can't reach her ultimate (and with 20 life the game is over before).
- Oracle of Mul Daya also dies too easily for it's cost. The card advantage is sweet but does not win you the game, since you are supposed to win the turn you reach 6 mana on board.
- Crucible of Worlds really shines in some situations, but those are not frequent enough to justify it in my opinion. I prefer playing Ramunap Excavator even if it dies to more removal, because at least I can tutor for it when the situation is good for it's effect.
I did not play with Carpet of Flowers nor Choke, but with the last ban list update of French Duel Commander, blue is not played enough to warrant them.
Hall of Gemstone doesn't serve me that much, but it's fun to play in multiplayer games.
All these cards are really powerful and may become a consideration if the meta slows down or blue becomes relevant again, but for now I prefer playing cards that offer an immediate advantage.
1 week ago
Hey, nice description and mini primer, +1.
Not playing any card draw is interesting adding Tireless Tracker and Sylvan Library wouldn't hurt your overall strategy too much. Tracker can be pretty busted with all the extra lands that are entering play. Other suggestions of cards that interact with lands are Lotus Cobra, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Oracle of Mul Daya and Crucible of Worlds.
1 month ago
While I don't particularly care for the Gruul color combination (Dimir Forever!), I'm intrigued by your deck and the name, haha. I think if you wanted to increase the competitiveness of your deck, I think you're deck is very well-positioned to take advantage of some mana denial. I don't know if that will fly in your playgroup, but based on the list of commanders you play against regularly, I think LD is justified.
I would add Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon because you can run a very clean mana base being dual-colored while your opponents could be seriously mana-screwed. I would also suggest perhaps adding Wildfire or Destructive Force so that you kill all the lands, clear the board, and either leave a substantial Elemental army or deal a ridiculous amount of damage. Combined with Crucible of Worlds, Splendid Reclamation, and some additional artifact mana, I think you could easily play around LD effects to kill your opponents quickly and efficiently. Hall of Gemstone is a wacky card that can interestingly color-screw your opponents and limit the number of spells they can cast per turn. It does hinder your own game-plan a bit, but I think you can play around it better than your opponents in the Gruul colors.
My last suggestion would be to add some more "fast" mana sources. I don't know if your budget allows it, but Grim Monolith, Mana Crypt, and Mana Vault aren't terrible here since you're trying to ramp into a very expensive general and abuse his heavy-hitter token ability. Combined with the LD effects that make Red strong in EDH, mana rocks will help you pull ahead of your opponents and bring on the explosions.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I like this list a lot! Would Hall of Gemstone make sense to delay your opponents? I've had luck using it to keep people off of their mana, but usually I'm using it in a monocolored deck, or I have mana rocks that can produce colored mana.
2 months ago
Glad you sticked arround:)
Yes i whas having doubts about glissa and recsage, as i encouter allot of artifact decks at the moment glissa lookt a the better option..Natural order is definitely going to be added en i wil also replace nissa.
Im looking for some additional wincons, i tried Helix Pinnacle but it didint work for me.Now in trying aetherflux but still having my doubts about that.
The biggest problem i encouter is (yes offcourse) bord wipe.. I added Hall of Gemstone and i am thinking about adding a Winter Orb to slow down ny opponents.. I also played Defense Grid but that could backfire so i removed it.
Do you have any suggestions to counter or recover fast for bordwipes?
You are als right about Sylvan Messenger she whas already removed but forgot to update the deck list.
3 months ago
How many cards can you think of that are mean to "mean" players? I want to build a deck that forces opponents to win in "fair ways", and I'd love help finding cards for a deck like this!
Using MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Tutor Cards, MagicalHacker - List of All Gold-Hate Cards, MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Infinite Cards, and MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Control Cards, I found these cards (organized by color):
Based on those cards, I think I'm going to build a gruul deck using Ruric Thar, the Unbowed as the commander or a cheap commander that can help ramp me into my cards (Radha, Heir to Keld). Some questions:
- Are there any other cards for gruul that you think would fit this theme?
- Are there any reasons to choose something other than gruul?
- If gruul is the best for this, what gruul commander should I use, and why?