|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Centaur Shaman
When Loaming Shaman enters the battlefield, target player shuffles any number of target cards from his or her graveyard into his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||pskinn01 , PTsmitty , mazrimtaim , DarkAndFluffy , CAPT.Shock , cryptoplasm , mziter501|
Loaming Shaman Discussion
1 month ago
I don't enjoy Mill and extensive counterspell. For this I have my Centauric Command Omega Centaurs. Card like Loaming Shaman makes the whole idea of mill - useless. So I don't enjoy playing against that types of decks, as there is also Elixir of Immortality making it useless. Most clubs here in Bulgaria organize around Standard and Commander, but I make my decks in Modern format and entirely oriented to that. I have a Commander Dragon Defender Utopia but it wasn't made fully untill recently with The Ur-Dragon and Wasitora, Nekoru Queen.
2 months ago
Sure here is some for reanimation:
4 months ago
For a deck that aims for the long and grindy game and plays cards like Living Death, you are pretty light on graveyard hate. In my Chainer deck i really like having Agent of Erebos as a way to repeatedly mess with opposing graveyard strategies. In your color combination, you also have access to Loaming Shaman, Deathrite Shaman or Scavenging Ooze.
4 months ago
So here we go. Using tcg market prices!
1x Scalding Tarn ZEN $50.77
1x Birds of Paradise CN2 $5.70
1x Path to Exile FNM $8.22
1x Restoration Angel PROMO $5.64
1x Chord of Calling M15 $10.12
1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker MM2 $10.39
1x Eldritch Evolution EMN $1.70
1x Razorverge Thicket SOM MP $7.00
5 months ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
5 months ago
Happy i could help :)
Kitchen Finks is a great card and the perfect creature for your needs. Eternal Witness is just as fitting, but limiting yourself to 1-2 copies seems right, since drawing too many of them can be become awkward with nothing meaningful to return. It's just a 2/1, so its ability really has to deliver. Unfortunately, Eldritch Evolution exiles itself upon resolution. (However, there are matchups where it's quite powerful to have Eternal Witnesses returning eachother in a loop whenever one of them dies. But those matchups are too infrequent to justify more than 2 copies in my opinion.)
As for other 3-drop creatures to sacrifice, i am not really sure what the best options are for your colors. Troll Ascetic is a good card for sure, but usually you don't really want to sacrifice it. Wolfir Avenger and Yasova Dragonclaw i'm not a big fan of, both require quite a bit of mana, otherwise they aren't all that great. Carven Caryatid is good if you sacrifice it or not, but such a defensive creature unfortunately doesn't fit well into your strategy. Tuktuk the Explorer can be insane if you can make him die, otherwise it's a 3 mana Raging Goblin. Goblin Ruinblaster seems really good, but it usually requires 4 mana. Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Borderland Ranger or Filigree Familiar might be okay, with the Familiar being the best of the three in my opinion.
As for 5-drops, i like the dragons and Thragtusk a lot, Blitz Hellion i don't have any experience with so i can't judge it, but Urabrask the Hidden isn't quite on the same level as the others i believe. An interactive card like Acidic Slime might be better, since that solves problems the other cards can't handle (like Ensnaring Bridge or Oblivion Stone). A total of 8 five mana creatures seems okay, but i would rather go down than up in number.
Maybe you could fit a Kessig Wolf Run into your mana base, it's quite a nice mana sink. 22-23 lands total seems right though.
I think i would sideboard Forked Bolt to beat aggressive decks, Ancient Grudge against Affinity etc, Magus of the Moon to punish greedy mana bases, and Burning-Tree Shaman to shut down some combo decks.
1-2 Reclamation Sage and the Thragtusk can definitely stay in the sideboard, and Loaming Shaman and Guttural Response can be good tools as well, the other cards i don't think you really need.
6 months ago
7 to 2.0
6 months ago
I feel like Tajuru Preserver, Loaming Shaman, Vexing Shusher are very specific for the main deck and should probably be used in the sideboard against mill, stax, and counters. I also think that Kumano, Master Yamabushi is a drain on your mana that doesnt fit with the fast pace. Eternal Witness is mostly better suited for decks playing more spells and 3 mana for a 2/1 is weak compared to the other creatures.
With that being said, red decks run Lightning Bolt almost as an auto-include. Burning-Tree Emissary fits persectly with your ramp and I feel like having some more cheaper creatures would be great for early game. Shaman also is not the cheapest tribe, so while you do have Bosk Banneret, I feel like Urza's Incubator would do very well. Rakka Mar adds a faster aspect for the deck, and Signal the Clans is always some fun. Hope this helps! I could see this struggling with turbo fog, and if you run into board wipes you're not gonna have a fun time.
As for me, I'm very excited for GotG2, but more so for the Pirates of the Caribbean 5! I love those movies so much. My life has been all right, there isn't too much news from up in Maine. You?