Ring of Three Wishes
Ring of Three Wishes enters the battlefield with three wish counters on it.
5, T, Remove a wish counter from Ring of Three Wishes: Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ring of Three Wishes Discussion
1 week ago
Thanks! I'm glad you like the jankiness that this deck brings!
These are good card suggestions and I might as well give out my thoughts on them...
- Ring of Three Wishes/Tamiyo's Journal - while tutoring is good, these tutors might just be a little bit too slow and expensive to work on. At 5 mana, I might just be doing something to make an Island/Plains larger other than tutoring. Journal on the other hand is something that cannot be very useful at all in the incorrect shell. Trail of Evidence makes it worthwhile but that's another card I would need just to support a specific card.
- Sacred Ground - I did have this in the deck a while back but there are just very few instances that its effect activates. For starters, it doesn't protect lands against Blasphemous Act and the like. It cannot even protect your lands during combat. The card is just too narrow to warrant inclusion.
- Mirror Entity - used to be in the deck as well, together with Amoeboid Changeling and Imagecrafter. The reason I removed these changeling cards is that they are creatures and are easy to remove. Another reason would be because most of the time when Griffin Canyon is not online, they are dead cards at best. Infinite mana combos go well with Mirror Entity though. Hint: Altar of Dementia
- Turnabout/Windfall - both are very good inclusions and would benefit the deck no doubt. The problem is that I don't know which ones to replace for these. Maybe replace Mystic Speculation with Windfall? Turnabout is bonkers under specific circumstances, especially when you have both Sapphire Medallion and View from Above. Grow a land very large in a single turn. Doesn't even need to be the Griffin Canyon.
- Ghirapur Orrery - seems like a good card to help us ramp and stuff. However, we rarely find our self with an empty hand so the second effect seems moot.
All in all, here are the cards I'm looking to add from these suggestions:
Great suggestions overall! Keep them coming!
1 week ago
Jank as they come! Love it!
Just a few suggestions as I muddle through your long path to the griffony goodness of your manland win:
Mirror Entity is another card you can use to get the creature type. You can even pay 0 for the ability if you don't mind wiping your non-manland creatures in a pinch.
Turnabout is good both offensively and defensively and creates you a manland.
Sacred Ground is similar to Terra Eternal in the fact it protects your lands from creature boardwipes of others. Yes they come back unmanned, but lacking strong GY recursion for them will make this deck difficult.
Ghirapur Orrery is a group-hug card that may benefit you most. Extra land per turn helps you gain presence and the draw 3 ability helps you recover gas when you've run out of your cheap cards.
Happy Janking! Hope that helps.
2 weeks ago
I've pulled that kindof mana pretty quick in my Sisay deck, Ive had several games now where I pull Multani, Maro-Sorcerer & a hasted Selvala, Heart of the Wilds I know for me mana base hasn't been so much of a problem as finding a way to tutor & plop my non-legendary on to the battlefield... I could certainly afford to replace Yisan, the Wanderer Bard & it can be tutored out unlike Planar Portal or Ring of Three Wishes.... Same thing goes for Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx..Gaea's Cradle as far as ridiculous Sisay mana pooping engines go.
That card is going to be a fantastic way to tutor & play Seedborn Muse & really put a squeeze on the gonads
2 weeks ago
A card that requires as much as 14 mana before it does anything at all is extremely niche, and probably rather bad. It's potentially better than Planar Portal or Ring of Three Wishes, but i don't think the effect will see play outside of EDH. And even in EDH, i expect it to be a casual card, not one for a deck like this one.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Planar bridge is awesome, but very expensive. It cannot search for instants and sorceries, but does the fact that it puts permanents directly onto the battlefield make up for that, as well as its higher cost, compared to Planar Portal and Ring of Three Wishes?
1 month ago
There's some other tutors to consider as well. Let's consider all your current tutors:
- Arcum Dagsson
- Diabolic Intent
- Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Treasure Mage !<6 cmc
- Trinket Mage !<1 cmc
- Tezzeret the Seeker
- Muddle the Mixture =2 cmc
- Inventors' Fair
Other tutor cards available on the cheap aka ~$10 or less:
- Enlightened Tutor
- Beseech the Queen
- Planar Portal
- Night Dealings works well with Freya's ability
- Lim-Dul's Vault
- Long-Term Plans
- Citanul Flute creatures only
- Ring of Three Wishes
- Sphinx Summoner artifact creatures only
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Plus the ones you've already mentioned.
The only ones that are worth running above IMO is Long-Term Plans and Enlightened Tutor. As far as your choices are concerned, Insidious Dreams is nice but if it's countered then you just discarded your hand for nothing. Demonic Collusion is also nice but expensive CMC wise. However, both ID and DC helps to fill up our GY. Long-Term Plans could sub in for one of those two possibly. Enlightened Tutor if you can manage to squeeze it in (or sub it for Diabolic Intent to free up ~$6; ET was recently reprinted but it's also more restrictive). Your call lol.
I'll to get back to you on if that's enough tutors when I'm not at work but I don't see why it wouldn't be after listing all of yours out :)