Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Legendary Creature — Human Cleric
, Sacrifice two creatures: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Combos Browse all
- Sling-Gang Lieutenant + Thornbite Staff + Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Sling-Gang Lieutenant + Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Desecrated Tomb + Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Golgari Germination + Whisper, Blood Liturgist
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Whisper, Blood Liturgist Discussion
1 week ago
Have you considered Incarnation Technique ? (The non-full-art version is less than a dollar)
Playing through a couple sample hands, you seem to have a hard time feeding your graveyard. With Incarnation Technique you can mill ten cards and at worst you'll get two fodder pieces for Whisper, Blood Liturgist to use later.
2 months ago
You might like these: Pitiless Plunderer , Pawn of Ulamog , Field of Souls , Requiem Angel , Hell's Caretaker , Whisper, Blood Liturgist , Custodi Soulcaller , Bishop of Rebirth , Sun Titan , Champion of Stray Souls , Adarkar Valkyrie , Cauldron of Souls , Nim Devourer
2 months ago
3 months ago
That does help to clear up some of my confusion and misunderstandings... but I'm still not 100% on it all yet. I think I just need to re-read all that a few times and digest it more.
So if I'm understanding it correctly, I can tap Merieke Ri Berit to gain control of a creature, untap her with something before it resolves, tap her to gain control of another creature, then let her tapping resolve to take possession of the two creatures, but before her untap-to-destroy effect resolves I could then tap Whisper, Blood Liturgist and sacrifice the two creatures to reanimate one of my creatures...?
3 months ago
You might like these: Whisper, Blood Liturgist , Priest of Gix , Pitiless Plunderer , Soldevi Adnate , Teysa Karlov , Tormod, the Desecrator , Desecrated Tomb , Grim Haruspex , Aetherworks Marvel , Syr Konrad, the Grim , Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim , Benevolent Bodyguard , Selfless Spirit , Blind Zealot , Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Phyrexian Reclamation
4 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
The biggest potential weakness I see in this deck is that there's a sort of "cost void" between your 1-drops and your big demons, and the biggest threats in the deck may not be the most mana efficient. For instance, I'd probably run Desecration Demon or Demon of Catastrophes in a sacrifice deck instead of Goremand . I imagine he's a pet card for you though, so maybe you could lean more into the reanimator angle to cheat him in quickly. Most modern versions seem to be running Goryo's Vengeance into Griselbrand and praetors still, but I tend to prefer the budget alternatives. Some additions to Blood for Bones and Gravewaker are repeated activation creatures like Hell's Caretaker and Whisper, Blood Liturgist . Unburial Rites is also fairly popular if you don't mind splashing white. For the discard, staples include Thoughtseize , Collective Brutality , Ransack the Lab , and Mind Rake . For sacrifice synergy, I think Smallpox and Sinister Concoction could be options too. I'm also a big fan of creatures that mill for this role such as Stitcher's Supplier (which helps to play the very useful Gravecrawler ) or the green Satyr Wayfinder and all its Mulch brethren. Reanimator lets you play other big threats too, some of which could be Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Eater of Hope , or Xathrid Demon to stick with the demon theme. Another card I see as being pretty expensive here is Soul Foundry . The aforementioned Hell's Caretaker can usually produce a similar result without the 1 mana tax every turn. Furthermore, the tokens it creates could interfere with Grim Haruspex , a card draw engine I usually prefer to Dark Prophecy (or maybe Harvester of Souls if I'm feeling spicy.) There is some downside in cutting noncreature permanents for their creature counterparts, so choose the option that is being hit by removal the least in your meta. If creature hate is a problem, maybe a Grave Pact or Dictate of Erebos could dissuade your opponents.
6 months ago
Perhaps Corpse Connoisseur and Gravebreaker Lamia? These could be neat too: Hell's Caretaker, Whisper, Blood Liturgist, Cauldron of Souls, Requiem Angel, Nim Devourer, Black Market, Mimic Vat (this one is neat with Tormod. the vat takes the creature from grave to exile, triggering Tormod. so you could imprint every creature of yours that dies to make that many zombies)