Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Destroy all creatures you don't control. They can't be regenerated.
1 week ago
Plague Wind - Attrition - Gift of Doom - Darksteel Plate - Hammer of Nazahn - Kaldra Compleat - Shield of Kaldra - Kaya's Ghostform - Malakir Rebirth Flip - Armor of Shadows - Boon of Erebos - Feign Death - Supernatural Stamina - Undying Evil - Undying Malice -
I know you're not trying to go for board-wipe-tribal but here are lots of other ways to save your commander. I know you know about a lot of these.
You should seriously consider Blasphemous Act; it's one of the best wraths period.
5 months ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
5 months ago
Hey dude - looking at your board clear for when you're behind/creating board advantage with Jodah. Have you considered In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind? They'd be a huge help and they're relatively cheap to get a hold of.
I'd also ditch a lot of the colourless mana generators for something that keeps the Jodah engine alive/further leverage the ability. They're often counterproductive for the game plan. Perhaps cards such as Conflux for a powerful tutor effect or Genesis Ultimatum / Selvala's Stampede for a good splurge of CMC on the to board? Alternatively protection i.e. Flawless Maneuver to keep Jodah around to keep it all going - all better alternatives to Thran Dynamo etc. :)
6 months ago
Other good cards to hurry up the deaths of other creatures with slime counters on them would be the -/- cards black gets and some of the other boardwipes Massacre Wurm, Massacre Girl, Languish, Toxic Deluge, Black Sun's Zenith, Decree of Pain, Life's Finale, Plague Wind, or Killing Wave.
11 months ago
Hey lil_cheez, thanks so much for your suggestion :)
Plague Wind is a sweet card in this deck and definitely better than Hex. Unfortunately I did set a 2$ budget per card when making this deck - With the exceptions of Dimir Signet, Reliquary Tower, and the commander. A few cards also rose in price just after adding them to the deck draft.. I did not write this anywhere, so I don't know how I was expecting anyone to guess this budget limit, but I've now added this information to the description.
I haven't physically gathered this deck yet, but if it shows that the deck is under-performing in my playground, I will definitely have to look at cards in a tad higher price range. In that case I will strongly consider Plague Wind. Another card I'd also really want to play with is Mnemonic Deluge, which looks super good in this kind of deck. But at this time, it is also just above the budget point.
Thanks again for a great suggestion!
11 months ago
Maybe you could use Plague Wind, it's like a second In garruk's wake... maybe take out HEX for that
1 year ago
Cards that I don't think are that strong and some replacement recommendations:
Must include lands: (maybe go up to 38 lands) Reliquary Tower
Other good/fun cards you should consider: Sol Ring (must have for commander)
Feed the Swarm (for the enchantment removal)
Bident of Thassa (good cards draw for small evasive creature decks)
Rhystic Study (annoy opponents/great card draw)
Torment of Hailfire (You should keep this one in, great finisher)
Murderous Cut (cheap removal)
Dismember (cheap removal)
1 year ago
The best way to keep from dying so quickly is to kill everyone else faster. To that end, consider:
- More wheel spells such as Dark Deal , Molten Psyche , Reforge the Soul , and Wheel of Fortune (budget permitting).
- Glistening Oil to provide another source of Infect (you'll kill them with wheels before the negative effect takes your Nekusar off the field).
- Dangerous combos that synergize with your deck strategy. Bloodchief Ascension is easy to activate with your commander and combos with Mindcrank to produce infinite mill. Curiosity is dangerous when placed on Nekusar, and can create a loop when placed on Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (who also combos well with your commander).
Second way to keep from losing: Better control.
- You are in Blue and should be running more counterspells.
- You should have more spot removal that can destroy problematic cards.
- Helm of the Ghastlord combos with Nekusar and a wheel to lock opponents out of the game (they can only play instants before the Ghastlord triggers resolve and cause them to discard every card they ever draw).
- Sigil of Sleep on Nekusar turns each wheel into a mini-Cyclonic Rift.
Add more ramp artifacts so you can get online quicker and fire off multiple wheels per turn.
Add Library of Leng - it allows you to use wheels to engineer a better hand by sending to graveyard what you do not need and keeping what you do.
Finally, you should reduce your average CMC substantially. A lot of your high-costed cards do not have particularly useful synergies to your deck--they might be decent cards in a vacuum, but they really are not great with your particular strategy. Plague Wind , Tidespout Tyrant , all of your 5-mana spells, all of your seven-mana spells, Rise from the Tides , and Roil Elemental are all things you can cut to make room for more synergistic options.