Whenever a creature you control is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, you gain 1 life and draw a card.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Ashnod's Altar + Moldervine Reclamation + Words of Wilding
- Moldervine Reclamation + Phyrexian Altar + Words of Wilding
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Moldervine Reclamation Discussion
1 week ago
HELLcaster19, Ya ever considered taking out a land? If not maybe Moldervine Reclamation or Worm Harvest can come out. Usual rule of the thumb I have is that 5 CMC or higher has to impact the game state greatly to be considered running if it doesn't it's not worth the slot. Mayhem is great since it also triggers off opponents sac'cing a permanent as well.
1 week ago
Hey man! Love grave decks and I'm glad people are still excited about them too! Your list looks pretty interesting, and if you wou like here's my advice: 1. I do not know what budget limitations you are under, so I'll sort my advice by price :) 2. I also do not know the mindset of your playgroup, so if anything I suggest seems too rude, unfun, or not accepted in your group, you make the judgement call and could totally just not run it. It's suggestions, not an order :) 3. Under 5$ includes: Blood Pet, Slaughter Pact, Pox, Arbor Elf, Elves of Deep Shadow, Final Parting, Commander's Sphere or Darksteel Ingot, Stitch Together, and Manglehorn. 4. 5-10$ Includes: Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Abrupt Decay, Entomb, Lightning Greaves, and Birthing Pod. 5. >10$ Includes: Grave Pact, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, and Mana Vault 6. The most exspensive commander staple since force of will and the og duals, it's Mana Crypt!! 7. Potential cards you could take out for these in my opinion: Triumph of the Hordes, Blighted Woodland, Catacomb Sifter, Thoughtpicker Witch, Elixir of Immortality, Caustic Tar, Moldervine Reclamation, Swiftfoot Boots, the guildgate, and Arguel's Blood Fast Flip 8. Again, these are just my suggestions and you may do with them what you will, just thought I'd share because I love this archetype and want to see others enjoy it to their fullest. :)
1 week ago
Moldervine Reclamation exists, making this card incredibly underpowered. I would either reduce the costs of the triggered ability to a single colored mana or reduce the mana cost to match that of Wheel of Sun and Moon.
3 weeks ago
Version 2.1. Mystery booster draft best picks. -Moldervine Reclamation, +Kin-Tree Invocation // -Bedeck / Bedazzle, +Azra Oddsmaker // -Ethereal Absolution, +Zealous Persecution // -Castle Embereth, +Artisan of Kozilek // -Gate Colossus, +Renegade Map // -Clockwork Servant, +Sigil of Valor // -Diamond Knight,+ Bomat Bazaar Barge // -Griffin Protector, +Cast Out // -Shining Aerosaur, +Dictate of Heliod // -Battlefield Promotion, +Cartouche of Solidarity // -Terror, +Skeletal Scrying // -Raging Goblin, +Ghitu Lavarunner // -Ancient Hellkite, +Flametongue Kavu // -Overgrowth, +Grapple with the Past // -Unsummon, +Man-o'-War // -Chillbringer, +The Mirari Conjecture // -Thunder Drake, +Sigiled Starfish
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Grumgully, the Generous, Rhythm of the Wild, Ivy Lane Denizen, Fungal Plots, Betrothed of Fire, Sadistic Glee, Blade of the Bloodchief, Vicious Betrayal, Death's Presence, Pir, Imaginative Rascal, Cauldron of Souls, Flesh Carver, Moldervine Reclamation, Seize the Day, Thallid Germinator, Bravado
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Fallen Ideal, Blade of the Bloodchief, Sadistic Glee, Grumgully, the Generous, Cauldron of Souls, Winding Constrictor, Pitiless Plunderer, Betrothed of Fire, Vicious Betrayal, Thallid Germinator, Fungal Plots, Elves of Deep Shadow, Moldervine Reclamation, Metallic Mimic, Ivy Lane Denizen, Zulaport Cutthroat
Also heads up, Skeleton Shard only returns artifact creatures.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Cards to consider cutting:
- Fountain of Renewal
- Armillary Sphere: there's better ramp options since this only puts the basic lands into your hand not onto the battlefield.
- Moldervine Reclamation: the least good repeatable source of draw here and being a five drop makes it high mana cost redundancy that you don't need.
- Blood for Bones: lackuster reanimation because you have to sac a creature first. You have reanimation that comes with a Dragon, Teneb and Bladewing which is better reanimation with Dragons.
- Dance of the Manse: nice to reanimate artifacts/enchantments if the strategy of your deck is to self-mill or interact in other ways by getting artifacts into your graveyard. That's not the strategy here therefore this card is not doing much.
- Farseek: good ramp only if you can search for a dual land. Currently Farseek can't search for a dual land which means it could be replaced with a better card for ramp such as Arcane Signet or Smothering Tithe.
- Ryusei, the Falling Star: this Dragon is subpar because you only get the value from it when it dies, but you don't have a consistent way to kill your Dragons nor should you add one.
- Crucible of Fire: Dragons already have high power and flying they don't need an anthem effect like this.
- Helm of the Host: can be a powerful card, but needs support to be one. Your deck doesn't have that support and adding it just for Helm is not needed.
If you're looking for Dragon power then consider moving from the sideboard to the main deck Utvara Hellkite and Steel Hellkite? Utvara is among the best Dragons because it creates a Dragon for each Dragon you control that attacks, each Dragon not just Utvara which can create a huge Dragon army.
Utvara is busted with Dragon Tempest, Scourge of Valkas and Temur Ascendancy, Kindred Discovery, Elemental Bond. Tempest/Ascendancy because they give it haste. Tempest/Scourge because each time a 6/6 Dragon is created it does damage to target creature or player equal to the amount of Dragons you control. Ascendancy/Discovery/Bond can be a lot of draw because each 6/6 Dragon created draws you a card.
Scion of the Ur-Dragon and adding Utvara are reasons to also include more tutors that can search for them and put one of them into your hand. Steel Hellkite is also a Dragon upgrade as it's repeatable attack ability can wipe out an opponent's board state, one opponent at a time. Steel is good with lots of ramp.