|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin
When Goblin Recruiter enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of Goblin cards and reveal them. Shuffle your library, then put those cards on top of it in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Goblin Recruiter Discussion
2 weeks ago
That's the Idea, I have Goblin Bombardment On route, and I have just found my Goblin Sharpshooter and Replaced with Goblin Recruiter Since I haven't had much in the way of need from him so far. While any goblin I want could be good, That only really works if I have a way of drawing again that turn. If I have Skullclamp it works, but I don't really need the Recruiter tbh. In my experience when you stack your deck (in my play group especially) They mill your cards so you don't get it haha.
1 month ago
Entrei It is super upsetting. The other people in my group really have no reason to leave we still enjoy it but our friend just doesn't find it fun. I can agree with you that certain cards need to be banned. It all started after i had built my Sliver deck. My play group has always been focused on tribal decks we have everything from tribal samurai to tribal illusions. After my Slivers (Which i now realize how cancer those are) I deviled deep into magic. My game has change i'm a combo player now. I dream one day to have a Tolarian Academy deck. But he focuses on fun decks, and don't get me wrong i love fun decks i have a squirrel deck. (Back to my story sorry its so long) Soon people where buying more powerful cards and the problem is if we say my friends Goblin Recruiter ban then he comes back and says my tolrian should be ban well then it jumps around till our decks aren't playable. It is just so sad the game even just me think about it without him feel different. hopefully we can find a middle ground thanks for your input
1 month ago
1 month ago
I just 1v1'd my brother and his Animar, Soul of Elements deck. One glaring weakness I noticed is the lack of board-wipe in this build. I'm adding Skirk Fire Marshal and Blasphemous Act somehow. Mogg Infestation doesn't really count as a board-wipe. I may replace that with one of the two as well. It's not needed.
skirk fire marshall is can be sought with Moggcatcher, Goblin Matron, Goblin Recruiter, and Imperial Recruiter; not to mention Gamble. Blasphemous Act has a high CMC but it's offset by the amount of creatures I can produce onto the battlefield.
1 month ago
I may replace Grenzo, Havoc Raiser with Sensation Gorger. Grenzo seems a little lackluster right now. Plus if I can tutor for Goblin Recruiter, I can find Sensation Gorger and whatever four other goblins I want and put them on top of my library with Gorger on top. The next turn I'll cast him. The following turn I'll be able to draw the other four goblin cards into my hand on my upkeep.
1 month ago
Ok, Minor Update:
- Added Unstable Legends and the missing Jalum Grifter to Tier Insanity.
- Ranked unranked Ixalan commanders as follows:
- Admiral Beckett Brass - T4 - (As much as I'd like to rank her higher, pirates have not materialized as an EDH viable tribe, and the steal effect isn't good enough to really justify running them.)
- Captain Lannery Storm - T5
- Gishath, Sun's Avatar - T4 - This is being kept out of T5 mostly because it has haste, but a little bit because you could probably use him to set up the Changeling Champion combo using Congregation at Dawn or Goblin Recruiter.
- Kopala, Warden of Waves - T4
- Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle - T5
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder - T2.5 - Tentatively putting her here because of similarities to Prime Speaker Zegana. Did anyone think up any combos or lines of play with her yet?
- Vona, Butcher of Magan - T3 - Can go in T3 if just for the board control.
- I've also made tentative placements for the Rivals of Ixalan commanders:
- Azor, the Lawbringer - T3 - There's been mentions higher up about how this guy is pretty good. I'd like to point out that his ETB doesn't stop your opponents from using instants after their turn is over, so there's nothing to stop them from waiting until the next player's upkeep to cast Swords if they want him gone.
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose - T3 - She goes infinite with Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar / a bunch of other cards.
- Etali, Primal Storm - T3 - This one is my favorite too. There's not much to build into since you're mostly going to be playing your opponent's deck and there's not much top card manipulation in Red, but it sure as shit looks fun.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - T4 - You can ramp with it using Food Chain, but you can't tutor it in mono-green and it just a dumb beater otherwise.
- Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca - T3 - You're not going to be able to do much outside of Merfolk tribal, but Merfolk are a decent tribe and her has a built in CA ability.
- Nezahal, Primal Tide - T3 - Personally, I kinda want to put this in T4 because of the mana cost, but as people have pointed out, the CA is pretty strong. Will probably just be a way for a typically blue control deck to refill their hand mid game.
- Tetzimoc, Primal Death - T5
- Zacama, Primal Calamity - T3 - I almost put it in T4 because of that mana cost, but I see what people are talking about in terms of Food Chain and blinking. There could be some combo potential here if the deck can ramp hard enough to satisfy his cost. Plus it helps that it can actually tutor FC and other combo pieces, unlike Ghalta.
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn - T5
(Let me know if you feel I've ranked any of these guys wrong or against the running consensus.)
kyuuri117, Ummm... Hey there.
I sort of have a confession to make. I moved Prossh down to T1.5 when it was first discussed like six months ago.
Unfortunately, I accidentally only made the change on my private copy of this list that I use to test my updates, and I somehow never carried over the change to main list.
I remember logging on for a quick glance at the discussion like two weeks later and being very confused about why people were still arguing about Prossh since I thought I changed it.
Anyway, I just moved him down to T1.5. Sorry I made you argue your case three times...
(Also, wasn't there talk in that same discussion about moving Atraxa, Praetors' Voice down? I thought I did that too...)
1 month ago
Cyfer: Unfortunately heavy removal (or counterspell) is going to be mono-red's worst matchup.
We have almost no recursion to speak of outside of a few colorless spells and some red creatures. Elixir of Immortality and Trading Post are probably going to be your two best bets. The other route is also Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice, but without access to good non-creature tutors, definitely don't rely on it.
Most of the reason I play with such a low CMC is so I can rebuild easier after a wipe, since Aggro is what mono-red is best at. It's hard though when you are getting focused, so I try to play as fast of a game as possible, because I will either win or lose quickly, since my deck can't really hang in the endgame with Control, Midrange, or some BattleCruiser decks.
Having more damage based sac outlets or triggers from creatures dying is going to be incentive for other players to not wipe your board, so it may be worth it to run all of them you can. Boggart Shenanigans, Vicious Shadows, Outpost Siege, Stalking Vengeance, and Altar of Dementia are probably the best we have available.
You have to develop your own lines, with the idea of big, bursty combats and other tricks to wipe the table. I've had more success with putting out creatures more slowly than I could so that, not only do I look like I have a shitty hand to everyone else and become less of a threat, but I'm also not leaving creatures out multiple turns to get removed. It's harder for an opponent to remove or counterspell 4 creatures all at once than it is to remove the same 4 over multiple turns. Put them out the turn before you need them, and you will be a lot better off. It's why I've tried to double and triple up on effects and interactions as much as possible. Having Goblin Matron/Imperial Recruiter/Mogg Catcher/Goblin Recruiter for getting to a Krenko, Mob Boss for instance, as well as a Feldon of the Third Path to get him back, is a lot of buffing my chances to have Krenko in play.
Redundancy in red is what leads to consistency in your games, since red doesn't have the plethora of options available to the other colors.
Don't get discouraged though, and don't make too many drastic changes, because this deck plays oddly. I've had it now for a little over a year, and I didn't really settle into a solid build until about 8 months ago. It probably took me 3 months of playing that deck before my winrate went from 25% or less, to 50% or more. There is quite a learning curve to it, even though on the surface it seems pretty straight forward.
Haste and more big mana might not hurt either, if you find yourself with cards in hand each turn.
It's a glass cannon deck to an extent, so sometimes you're gonna have huge turns where you wipe the table, and other times your gonna fizzle out and do nothing because the whole table wipes you.
It get's better though, because once you lock down your build, playstyle with the deck, and get good with it, people become afraid of the deck and focus you even when you don't have a board presence. It took me a long time to not be salty about it, and now I take it as a compliment.
2 months ago
Sword is broken with krenko, especially like I said with the altar. Krenko with sword +any goblin and the altar creates an infinite combo for infinite 1/1 goblins. You could theoretically win turn 3 with it. Also cards I'd suggest tossing.Sparkmage Apprentice Doesn't help Krenko and the one damage it does when it comes in is inconsequential.Ornithopter It's a free flying blocker at best, but it doesn't offer you any real benefits other than a potential few extra life points that shouldn't matter since you should be faster than anyone else anyway.Forgotten Cave Cycling is awesome, don't get me wrong but you've got much better options than this, Look into a Wheel or something instead.Sure Strike The spell isn't bad, for most decks I'd usually say go for it, but goblins are a swarm tribe. You're looking for lots of tiny bits of damage, one guy doing an extra 3 doesn't do much for you.Collateral Damage There is no reason to run this over Lightning BoltTrial of Zeal You aren't running any Cartouches, this is basically an expensive lightning bolt.There's a few others I think are sub-optimal, but those are the big changes I'd consider making personally. As for ideas on what would be better in their place...Purphoros, God of the Forge costs some $$$, but you'll be dumping goblins all over the place so he can win the game for you on his own, definitely worth the investmentFervor Haste is gonna be important for your goblins, you have some creatures that do it, having something a little harder to get rid of that gives haste is definitely welcome.In the Web of War More haste and now all your goblins are 3/1 when they drop. Definitely a game changerRummaging Goblin Draw is important, and while discard is a pain, goblins have the best discard option ever, Squee, Goblin Nabob he can be a permanent way for you to grow your hand without ever having to actually lose anything important.Goblin Recruiter Red doesn't have a lot of tutors, this guy is great for that AND he's got the ability to pull as many as you want, gotta play him smart though.Goblin Assassin He might hurt you too, but with krenko pumping out buttloads of tokens, it's essentially a boardwipe for everyone except you.