Artifact Creature — Myr
: Attach target Equipment you control to target creature you control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Brass Squire Discussion
6 days ago
Update 6/14/2021 - Kaldheim + Strixhaven Changes
6 days ago
Update 6/14/2021 - Kaldheim - Strixhaven Changes
Omnath, Locus of Creation replacing Hope of Ghirapur
Cosima, God of the Voyage Flip replacing Jalira, Master Polymorphist
Maja, Bretagard Protector replacing Emmara, Soul of the Accord
Sign in Blood replacing Read the Bones
Wandering Archaic Flip replacing Brass Squire
Barkchannel Pathway Flip replacing Arcane Sanctum
Blightstep Pathway Flip replacing Crumbling Necropolis
Branchloft Pathway Flip replacing Frontier Bivouac
Brightclimb Pathway Flip replacing Jungle Shrine
Clearwater Pathway Flip replacing Mystic Monastery
Cragcrown Pathway Flip replacing Nomad Outpost
Darkbore Pathway Flip replacing Opulent Palace
Hengegate Pathway Flip replacing Sandsteppe Citadel
Needleverge Pathway Flip replacing Savage Lands
Riverglide Pathway Flip replacing Seaside Citadel
2 weeks ago
I second Sunforger . But I disagree about it not being that good. It protects your board with Teferi's Protection , Debt of Loyalty , Deflecting Swat and Boros Charm , it removes creatures with Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile and my favorite: Settle the Wreckage , it kills other problematic permanents wit Disenchant , Chaos Warp or Wear / Tear , can shut players down with Silence , Abeyance or Orim's Chant , and in my deck, it wins the game by searching and casting both Gideon's Sacrifice and Arcbond on the same Indestructible creature. It will even find the Lightning Bolt to start the chain.
Sunforger is one of the best boros equipments, at least if you can cheat a bit on the equip cost. But we have Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist , Brass Squire , Puresteel Paladin , Sigarda's Aid , Halvar, God of Battle Flip and a few others to help with that
1 month ago
I would have thought you'd be able to get away with less lands, like 20, instead of 22. Personally i'd be dropping 2 lands and a Brass Squire for the remaining Sigarda's Aid and Steelshaper's Gift you currently have in the sideboard (they just seem like straight-up improvements, and must-haves for mainboard).
I'm surprised to see you running Plague Myr instead of Necropede . I would have thought you'd be wanting to swing with the infect creature every turn, and so the mana the Myr provides isn't great? I could be wrong?
I was expecting to see some Apostle's Blessing in the sideboard to protect your dudes.
I don't think you need to run more than a single copy of Argentum Armor , as you can search for it when needed, and there's just too many times you're going to get stuck with it in hand. I'd go down to a single copy so that you can run a more toolboxy weapon-set to best deal with the current situation. Both Maul of the Skyclaves and Sword of Light and Shadow both seem like strong other cards to run in the deck as 1-ofs.
How much value does Brass Squire actually provide? They seem quite slow in a deck that should be trying to close out the game fast. At the fastest, they can equip something on turn 4 (3 with ramp), when your opponent has probably already stabilized. I think Giver of Runes could better suite this slot, although to keep your artifact count high for Cranial Plating maybe some mix of Signal Pest and Welding Jar works better.
1 month ago
Nice suggestions, thanks! :) Justice and Sunforger seems like a lot of fun with an instance based deck, so I could definately see an alternative deck list partially based around those cards. I think Brass Squire would perhaps have a home in such a deck :) Since this particular deck list "only" runs 10 playable targets I've put Sunforger in the maybe board for now.
2 months ago
Have the equip costs been causing any issues since you switched to Halvar? I know you added Ardenn (alongside things you already had such as stonehewer giant and puresteel paladin), but has that been enough?
I guess this is just to get the suggestions out there. I don't really know what you would switch or if you have any desire to increase the # of cards that provide free equips, but here's my suggestions in that regard (sorted by what I believe to be the most useful):
- Sigarda's Aid (I've already brought this up, but it would be disgraceful to not put it at the top of this list anyway)
- Armored Skyhunter You should really consider this. It has put in some work in my deck.
- Brass Squire (this probably doesn't do enough)
-I advocated against this one, and I still think it's a good choice to switch with something, which it looks like you are going to do. It is worth noting, however, that Nahiri, the Lithomancer is better with Halvar than Balan. The +1 is like getting a free equip. Still I believe she is outclassed by other cards. Her value in proportion to her cmc is quite small.
If you don't feel the need to put in more equip effects, feel free to ignore this.
3 months ago
adw92 I was doubting to put it in, but the 0 equip cost is really great. Specially with Leonin Shikari or Brass Squire out. The haste is also really needed in this deck imo. So I think LG stays in. But thanks for the input, guess I'll tinker a bit more I. What to take out. :)
3 months ago
Hiya! Long time Boros player here.
From the looks of things, it seems like you're going with the equipment build of Wyleth over the Aura build, so I have a few thought and suggestions to give.
1) Since you're focusing on equipment, I would suggest cutting all of the aura stuff. Wanna make sure your deck synergizes with itself, harder to do that when you have two different halves, ya know?
2) In the equipment build you have to worry about paying for equip cost (with the benefit that equipment doesn't go to grave when the equiped creature dies, unlike with auras). I thus recommend running as MANY free equip cards as possible. You have an Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist in your maybeboard. I recommend putting that straight into the deck- it'll be a card you want to see every game. Other cards like Brass Squire or Zirda, the Dawnwaker will be nice to have.
3) Wyleth is absolutely crucial to protect, so I recommend playing more cards to protect him. Mother of Runes is a pretty cheap one to have. Sejiri Shelter Flip is one that can double as a land. There are also more expensive ones like Giver of Runes , Deflecting Swat , and Flawless Maneuver .
4) Wyleth will likely be the only creature that you're suiting up to get max value, so I recommend running cards to support him that don't also need to be equipped. Koll, the Forgemaster is a new one from Kaldheim. Reyav, Master Smith is another good one.