Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Return target spell to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
9 hours ago
If you're dead set on Celestial Convergence, Axis of Mortality, Mirror Universe, or the much worse Soul Conduit are probably entirely essential to your gameplan. They are also searchable with your signature spell
Moat, Magus of the Moat, and Blazing Archon, Mystic Barrier and Ensnaring Bridge are also good ideas for your pillow fort. Ghostly Prison is nice, but these effects are always better when multiplied. Windborn Muse and Norn's Annex are also good ones.
Cosmic Intervention and similar spells are probably good ideas too.
Dusk / Dawn is your best board wipe in my opinion. Also reanimates almost every card in your deck.
Add Reprieve. it is temporary, but it will allow you to dodge a counter, or you could use it to bounce your own about-to-be-countered spell back to your hand before the counter resolves.
Elixir of Immortality? might help against mill. not great though.
The One Ring costs life if you need it to draw, but pro everything is probably more than worth it, and the extra cards are likely to be as well.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestion! I have only recently gotten back into MTG and wasn't even tracking Reprieve. I'll do some online playtesting with it and see if my manabase is good enough to support a white instead of blue counterspell set.
Earlier versions of this deck did have 4x Thing in the Ice Flip and like 3x Phyrexian Soulgorger (both to be used with solemnity out). It was a pretty good deck, but I decided to go the instant win/infinite combo route instead. Thing in the Ice is great for midgame boardwipes whien is flips.
Thanks again for the suggestion!
1 month ago
Oh wow, I really like the idea of this deck. Using Persist, Phyrexian Unlife and Thing in the Ice are solid ideas for this. I do have a couple suggestions. I feel 4 copies of Thing in the Ice would make for more threats available to you. Another suggestion would be replacing Remand for Reprieve because it is a strictly better version of Remand due to getting around cards that cannot be countered. Otherwise, really awesome deck idea! +1
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
3 months ago
Thanks for posting keizerbuns. Long story short, I haven’t looked at any of the cards from the TLotR set so I was unaware of Reprieve. It’s a good one, I’m going to add it to the maybeboard for now. Thanks for suggesting it
3 months ago
4 months ago
wallisface I do like Reprieve over Jace Beleren thank you for the suggestion. I don't think im parting with Void Snare quite yet. I decided with Reprieve over Remand because Reprieve can counter spells that can't be countered.