Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
3 months ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
1 year ago
Empyrial Armor is a pretty nice choice, as it will typically buff your creature by at least 3+ in the early/midgame and gives you more options to fetch with Light Paws at 3 CMC.
2 years ago
2 years ago
I've run a voltron/control Zur before and found Empyrial Armor to be very good for pumping his power.
2 years ago
Looks good. You might like these: Bloodforged Battle-Axe , Hyena Umbra , Shuko , Battle Mastery , Sunforger , Lapse of Certainty , Neheb, the Eternal , Open the Armory , Simian Spirit Guide , Inquisitor's Flail , Gryff's Boon , Bastion Protector , Empyrial Armor , Empyrial Plate , Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar , Axgard Armory
2 years ago
Empyrial Armor is a beast of a card and should definitely make your maindeck.
In a multiplayer environment, Predatory Hunger does excellent work.
Dawn Charm is an excellent option for you, probably better than Turn Aside (sorry!).
New Horizons is interesting because it offers a bit of pump with your ramp. I like this over something like Obelisk of Bant. Bonus value with Wickerbough Elder.
3 years ago
Cool deck, you might like Empyrial Armor it's a nice way to give a giant boost to rafiq!