Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
Channel — , Discard Eiganjo this: This deals 4 damage to target attacking or blocking creature. This ability costs less to activate for each legendary creature you control.
1 week ago
Hi Crow-Umbra! This deck is super badass. I have a couple ideas on the manabase and am curious on your thoughts
First of all, Slayers' Stronghold can give a creature some bonuses (most importantly haste) for a red and a white. Could be great with your four drops like Hero of Bladehold, Leonin Warleader, or outright deadly paired with Elder Brain or Grave Titan. Saw you already had Hanweir Battlements Meld so figured I'd suggest this one as well but I understand if you have it for the Meld dream.
Have you considered running the Kamigawa Neon Dynasty Legendary lands? Might be a little slow/expensive but the flavor is excellent for Musashi and I think Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance could be a great add if you just need a couple more tokens with haste. 3 cmc (with Isshin out) isn't great for 2 haste tokens maybe but you can always play it as a land.
- Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance - Seems the most applicable to your deck of the three listed
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire - may not be needed if you are focused on tokens
- Takenuma, Abandoned Mire - doesn't hurt to add some of those bigger creatures back in
Thanks for all your help again - looking forward to reading your next edits here and hearing how the deck refines
2 weeks ago
Out: 1. Akoum Refuge 2. Bloodfell Caves 3. Boros Garrison 4. Kabira Crossroads 5. Orzhov Basilica 6. Rakdos Carnarium 7. Scoured Barrens 8. Wind-Scarred Crag 9. Opal Palace 10. Path of Ancestry 11. Well of Lost Dreams 12. Merciless Eviction 13. Fell the Mighty 14. Blood Baron of Vizkopa
The land base needed to be refined a bit, so I got rid of anything that comes in tapped and replaced them with basic lands. I also added two legendary lands from Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty.
The board wipes, although decent, were replaced with two that have more flexibility in them - Farewell and Toxic Deluge.
Flawless Maneuver is something I'd like to play test in this deck, so it replaced Well of Lost Dreams since we don't really have a heavy lifegain strategy in this deck (and Necropotence is already in the deck).
Lastly, Blood Baron Vizkopa was replaced with Welcoming Vampire to benefit more off our token strategy with Eminence.
2 weeks ago
It is an interesting little budget deck your making. I just want to drop some other affordable cards for your consideration: Truefire Paladin, Rem Karolus, Stalwart Slayer, Ajani Vengeant, General Ferrous Rokiric, Deflecting Palm, Rip Apart, Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire.
1 month ago
Add: - Raiyuu, Storm's Edge - Swords to Plowshares - Lion Sash - Lizard Blades - Komainu Battle Armor - Rabbit Battery - Alpine Meadow - Rugged Prairie - Arid Mesa - Needleverge Pathway Flip - Sacred Foundry - Command Tower - Great Furnace - Reliquary Tower - Inventors' Fair - Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
1 month ago
Made a few tweaks...
I still want to have a few bombs in the deck, but taking a couple of the high cost angels out in favour of draw options + a few more efficient but on theme pieces may help the game plan.
2 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
2 months ago
Hey, sweet deck. Let's take a look at win conditions and lands. I've identified a problem with your deck: You aggressively want to control the board with your 1-3 drops. While other players are playing 6 mana bombs every turn your are trying to eke out board advantage with 3 or 4 creatures a turn.
- You don't need board wipes in this deck, they actively go against your game-plan, and in no way help you win.
- Less removal in general. I counted 18 pieces of removal in your instants and sorceries. Keep Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, and Damn and get rid of the rest. You ARE the threat, if your deck is running slowly to the point that you feel like you need removal, you need better creatures.
As for lands, use this mana base.
- 1x Ancient Tomb
- 1x Arid Mesa
- 1x Blightstep Pathway Flip
- 1x Blood Crypt
- 1x Bloodstained Mire
- 1x Bojuka Bog
- 1x Boros Garrison
- 1x Brightclimb Pathway Flip
- 1x Buried Ruin
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
- 1x Godless Shrine
- 1x Marsh Flats
- 6x Mountain
- 1x Myriad Landscape
- 1x Needleverge Pathway Flip
- 1x Orzhov Basilica
- 4x Plains
- 1x Rakdos Carnarium
- 1x Sacred Foundry
- 1x Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- 5x Swamp
How would I change your win condition...well you are trying to do knight tribal...
Consider these cards:
- Bond of Discipline
- Response / Resurgence
- Sorin Markov
- Aether Vial
- Luminarch Aspirant
- Lion Sash
- Harsh Mentor
- Blood Moon
- Price of Progress
- Flametongue Kavu
- Selfless Spirit
- Remorseful Cleric
- Unexpectedly Absent
- Goblin Rabblemaster
- Skyclave Apparition
- Palace Jailer
- Grim Lavamancer
- Bonecrusher Giant
- Dark Confidant
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Leonin Arbiter
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Hunted Horror
- Rotting Regisaur
- Shadow of Mortality
- Hunted Nightmare
- Dauthi Voidwalker
- Robber of the Rich
- Sudden Spoiling
- Esper Sentinel
- Kolaghan's Command
- Walking Ballista
- Felidar Retreat
- Marshal's Anthem
- Forsworn Paladin
- Lunarch Veteran Flip
- Soul Warden
- Soul's Attendant
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned
Remove these cards:
Good luck, and happy hunting. Let me know if you want to continue the conversation or have questions
2 months ago
found some cards in my binders
i took out Commander's Sphere replaced for Orzhov Signet Deflecting Palm replaced for Feed the Serpent Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replaced for Shattered Sanctum Invoke Justice replaced for Generous Gift