Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Thran Power Suit
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each Aura and Equipment attached to it and has ward . (Whenever equipped creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays .)
Equip (: Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the creature this card is attached to leaves the battlefield.)
2 months ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
6 months ago
Deck was amped up with some fast mana.
9 months ago
Such an awesome deck! Equip strategies can be so fun, and here's a few that I've found pretty useful in my equip EDH deck.
Explorer's Scope is either amazing or terrible just depending on if you're an optimist or pessimist : ) But seriously, it's not uncommon to get 2-3 lands off it over the course of the game, starting on turn 2, and what I really like is that it smooths out your draws by getting any top deck lands just into play during the battle phase and then you draw only gas while still hitting your normal land drops.
Leonin Shikari is great for things like Swiftfoot Boots Lightning Greaves or Thran Power Suit to protect creatures, but also works with the swords to move around pro-colors. And it also just gives you a lot of room to move around +/+ effects in response to things or to lock multiple things down with something like Leonin Bola
Hedgewitch's Mask this one has been an overperformer for me so far. Especially on a first strike creature that is 4+ you will just be eating mana dorks up. Though this might be more specific to my equip deck, it just really works there.
I think it looks great : ) I mean, what's better than gearing up creatures for an adventure...well, a, beat up my opponents adventure anyways.
10 months ago
Triton she's always been a girl lol, but now she has a much more distinctly female looking art. Tbf I actually thought she was a guy too until I looked up the lore on her. Ardenn is awesome, I had him in here for a long time, but honestly I've found that if Balan gets removed too many times this deck just isn't going win, it's just generally too hard to take players out without relying on commander damage. I do need to get a nettlecyst and Thran Power Suit, but I still have no idea how they're getting in there lol. It's actually amazing how even in mono white I'm still left with a deck that has a ton of cards that need a slot. I had to gut my creature count so I could get more removal in, and I had to cut a ton of really fun and flavorful equipment so I could get in the ones that are going to give me the w, not to mention squeezing in more reliable card draw and a few cheap mana rocks
Anyways, thank you for the comment, I'll definitely keep trying to get him back in lol.
11 months ago
Made some changes to the deck felt like it had too many legendary equipment in the deck. Added: Professional Face-Breaker, Conqueror's Flail, Thran Power Suit, Quietus Spike, Mirror Box & Mirror Gallery. Removed: Solemn Simulacrum, Colossus Hammer, Sword of the Animist, Blackblade Reforged, Kaldra Compleat, Embercleave.