: Add to your mana pool.
, : Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target legendary creature this turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Eiganjo Castle Discussion
1 month ago
9 months ago
Hey! I love this, I started my main commander deck as a samurai tribal with Queen Marchesa As the commander, too! As far as Creatures go, adding Masako the Humorless Or Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker can help with some defense control. If you want to keep your creatures dense with samurai, I would suggest Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo. If you want a Shapeshifter, I would replace your Taurean Mauler with a Mirror Entity. For enchantments and artifacts, I would suggest Ghostly Prison for defense purposes, and Coat of Arms for tribal synergy. When playing commander, I always try to run some neat lands in order to make sure I use up my card space efficiently. I would suggest taking out some basic lands and adding Eiganjo Castle , Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep , And Shizo, Death's Storehouse. These lands tap for colored mana, don't come in tapped, and give you an extra little something. Those lands have helped me win a few stressful games, and are a few of my favorite cards. Feel free to check out my samurai standard deck, or my Queen Marchesa commander deck for more ideas!! Good luck!!
10 months ago
Hey there! While I'm short on time, I can recommend two quick things! The first, is a Giver of Runes, I think it would fit great in protection, maybe instead of Eiganjo Castle. The second, is to point you toward my own Rafiq deck, Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷, which may have some cards you'd like to consider! I hope it is of use to you, and have a wonderful day!
11 months ago
Plans for updating the mana base to a alternative mana base version:
New Mana base:
- 2x Cavern of Souls
- 3x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- 16x Snow-Covered Plains
- 1x Emeria, Shattered Skyclave
- 1x Ondu Skyruins
- 1x Secluded Steppe
- 1x Mistveil Plains
Old Mana Base
- Emeria, The Sky Ruin is removed because it requires an average over 10 turns to activate while there could be more utility lands to use.
- Mistveil Plains is the engine that allows to put used sorceries like Emeria's Call Flip or Ondu Inversion Flip back into the library where they act as lands which can get fetched into the hand by Weathered Wayfarer
- Secluded Steppe can act as a draw a card together with weathered wayfarer (I will playtest to see if that brings any more advantages besides Mangara, the Diplomat)
- Eiganjo Castle is on the watchlist
- Flagstones of Trokair is on the watchlist, depends how On Thin Ice requires snow lands
I can not consider any more lands that come into play tapped, i have 3 now which is already brutal
1 year ago
Hey there! I think I can help a bit regarding your mana base. Let's take a look at that.
You have 26 lands, out of 100 cards, but your average mana cost is 3.72!!!! Usually you run about 30-32 if your mana cost is even at 2.20, so in my opinion, your deck needs A LOT more lands, and ramp. Let's take a look at lands first!
Ok, so there are MANY MANY lands you should use that you are missing. Our goal should be for you to include at minimum 33 lands. I understand it will be hard to find cards to take out but trust me- you need at least 33 otherwise it'll be very difficult for your deck to even function. You should include the following.
- Shock lands. If you need mana THAT turn, they can come in untapped! If you don't want to take the damage you don't have to, but you'll always have the option to which makes them so good. They can also be used with fetch lands, but more on that later
- Godless Shrine
- Blood Crypt
Fetch Lands! These are pretty much the best lands in magic. You can look for ANY colors you need, if you have the shock lands I just mentioned. The fetch lands can search for the shock lands, allowing you to get WHATEVER COLOR YOU NEED. They can also search for basics which is less helpful but still possible. They can also search for Savai Triome. (They search for anything that has a subtype they specify)
- Marsh Flats
- Bloodstained Mire (Budget: Rocky Tar Pit)
Fast lands! These are extremely useful the first couple turns, and they help you set up your board quickly so you can have a good start!
- Concealed Courtyard
- Blackcleave Cliffs
Filter lands! You have the red/white version- but not the rest! Add all three! They can give you any combination of the two colors they supply, which is extremely useful! They are also very cheap with double masters out- so get them soon!
- Fetid Heath
- Graven Cairns
Pain and Horizon Lands! These are AMAZING because you can always rely on them for mana, without worrying if they come in tapped- at the expense of only ONE LIFE. Remember your life is a resource- if you win at 1 life it's the same as winning at 40. Getting good mana is much more important than paying some life.
- Caves of Koilos or Silent Clearing
- Sulfurous Springs or [No Card Exists Yet]
Check lands. Now these I would recommend not using, but if you have a budget and you want to improve your manabase, these are much better than what you have now.
- Isolated Chapel
- Dragonskull Summit
Battlebond/C Legends Lands! Some of these aren't out yet, but be sure to get them if you normally play with multiple players!
- Vault of Champions (COMES OUT SOON)
- Luxury Suite
Spectator Seating (COMES OUT SOON)
So in the end, these lands are VERY VERY VERY helpful and make your manabase much faster. There are also a BUNCH of single lands that are even better than some of these! Try to include as many as you can of the following:
- Prismatic Vista
- Fabled Passage
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- Exotic Orchard
- Strip Mine/Wasteland
- Forbidden Orchard
- Gemstone Mine
So again, I would try to include many of these, and trust me- aim to have 33-35 lands in your deck. A lot of your lands come in tapped- slowing you down and making your manabase worse. Take those out. A couple lands could be replaced with better things. (Temple of the False God for Ancient Tomb). Take those out. You also have some good lands that don't relate to your deck. I get Boseiju, Who Shelters All and Eiganjo Castle (Etc) are cool, but they don't really make sense in your deck, and could be replaced with cards I mentioned before. To make a good deck you need a good mana base, and I recommend making that mana base, and definitely adding more lands in general.
If this helps be sure to check out and support some of my decks like Double Trouble EDH and A Deal With the Devil EDH! if you have any questions about what I wrote, want more help, or want some ideas, feel free to ask me on my wall or just tag me here, I'd love to help! Anyways, I hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a great day!!! Happy tapping!
1 year ago
you can probably work 1-2 of each Eiganjo Castle and Emeria, The Sky Ruin into the manabase.
Also i'd cut Scroll of Avacyn for some removal or protections spell - destroying a creature and preventing it's damage is better than a 2-Mana Cycle + gain 5 life card.
1 year ago
Ok, For game one, I added mostly a mana base; 21 Plains Windbrisk Heights, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, New Benalia, Eiganjo Castle, Mistveil Plains, Flagstones of Trokair, Castle Ardenvale, and Idyllic Grange
additionally i made one creature adjustment Master Apothecary was removed for Luminous Broodmoth. There is a mana increase in this swap but now a land does what the Apothecary does easier, and this gives a lot of the creatures some kind of mass removal evasion.
i will play more up to 15 games and make adjustments, let me know what you think.
Also Eye for an Eye is amazing.
1 year ago
Ooh, reanimator. Some thoughts about the deck:
- You may not be playing enough lands/mana sources, even if you're not having so many mana troubles like you say, considering that your curve peaks at around CMC 3-4. I normally aim for 34 minimum. If you have access to Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, and/or Chrome Mox, I'd definitely run one or more of those. (Mox Tantalite could be a good back-up if needed.) Otherwise, maybe upping your land count to 34 or so would probably help, or throwing in things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library to help you find your land cards. (Smothering Tithe, as you said, is a great ramp spell... but you need the lands to cast it!) Other lands I could see as good additions are Murmuring Bosk and Eiganjo Castle.
- While your white is a splash, Thalia's Lancers is a fairly good tutor for your legendary stuff (and you have quite a bit of it!). In terms of tutors, I could suggest Entomb.
- Apart from the gold standard Reanimate and Animate Dead, a possibly interesting reanimation spell that might work in your deck is Living Death (and especially in a combo with Grave Pact!). You could also look into Journey to Eternity Flip, which gives you a repeatable reanimation effect (in land form!).
- For other kill spells, in your colors, Vindicate or Pernicious Deed are the ones that immediately come to mind.