Selesnya Sanctuary enters the battlefield tapped.
When Selesnya Sanctuary enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Selesnya Sanctuary Discussion
1 month ago
I just noticed that the other two Retreat to Coralhelm sets here got lands that are on color. There's literally no reason for the in my Selesnya Sanctuary . All part of the fun... I wonder how many of the 9,000+ combos are Retreat + Bounce land + Tap for extra land + Landfall.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Interesting concept. I have a few thoughts.
Crop Rotation seems like your best tool in this deck to enable Nacatl and Kird ape consitently and quickly. I think this should be a 4-of in your deck.
In addition to Crop Rotation, Land Grant is another way to fetch up lonely copies of your forest duals without requiring any mana at all. It doesn't fetch Alpine Meadow, but it should still be more than playable. Bonus points for triggering Seeker of the Way for free.
In terms of mana base, I would try to minimize the number of tap lands as much as possible. You're probably not going to want two copies of Alpine Meadow in play at once, so cutting to one and fetching it when necessary seems fine. I would also cut Sejiri Steppe down.
Bounce lands seem like they could be great for you. Gruul Turf and Selesnya Sanctuary are good at providing extra land drops on their own and they make great targets for an early Crop Rotation to keep hitting land drops.
Maybe just a matter of preference, but I would do a 4:2 split of Journey and Cannonade instead of 3:3.
4 months ago
I would imagine that bouncelands like Selesnya Sanctuary would be good in this.
8 months ago
Hey, nice budget version, less than $50 is impressive.
Command Tower is now less than $1 and is one of the best lands in Commander. Selesnya Sanctuary is another upgrade for a dual land. Quest for Renewal good with Emmara letting you create Soldiers or tap your tokens for other effects during each opponent's turn. Good repeatable draw with Mentor of the Meek. Glare of Subdual goes well with Renewal as opponent creature lockdown using tokens. Nullmage Shepherd can wreck opponents artifact or enchantment strategies.
Felidar Retreat is a new enchantment in Zendikar Rising for tokens. It's repeatable no mana cost Township effect or create a Cat token just by playing a land. Worth adding Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse and Myriad Landscape it adding Retreat. Champion of Lambholt can make your token army unblockable since she grows each time a token is created.
Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter combines well with Good-Fortune Unicorn to make each token created a mana dork. Jiang can put a counter on Emmara making it easier to tap her while also making mana. If going the Vehicle route for crew then Aethersphere Harvester and Untethered Express are some budget upgrades.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Forest
- 2x Plains
- Blossoming Sands
- Anointer Priest
- Crusader of Odric
- Attended Healer
- Infiltration Lens
- Curse of Bounty
- Renegade Freighter
- Ovalchase Dragster
- Fleetwheel Cruiser
- Krosan Grip
- Entrapment Maneuver
- Collective Unconscious
Good luck with your deck.
8 months ago
At first glance here are some recommendations I have that would fit right in: Avenger of Zendikar, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Dockside Extortionist, Parcelbeast, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Risen Reef, Tireless Tracker, Sakashima the Impostor, Spark Double, Wayward Swordtooth, Burgeoning, Sylvan Library, Valakut Exploration, Finale of Devastation, Finale of Revelation, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Amulet of Vigor, Ketria Triome, Raugrin Triome, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds a few bounce lands such as Gruul Turf, Selesnya Sanctuary, Simic Growth Chamber. I also would agree with and multimedia. Fetch lands and shock lands are crucial to have in this build, as well as having the tutors that have been recommended.
I feel like you are very light on draw, so a lot of my recommendations point to that. Mutate Parcelbeast on Scute Swarm with Risen Reef in play = insane draw. Play more land cards are always great to have in landfall decks. I didn’t suggest this, but you could add a sub theme of flicker effects to abuse Omnath, Locus of Creation landfall triggers. Clone cards that can copy Omnath and ignore legendary rule to use as a triggered ability doubler can have overwhelming results.
If I can provide anymore assistance, feel free to let me know. Good luck with your brew!
8 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: Spark Double, Copy Enchantment, Clever Impersonator, Vedalken Mastermind (for reusing Estrid. can go infinite if you mask him), Overgrowth, Lotus Field (great aura target), Simic Growth Chamber, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery, Kiora's Follower, Chakram Retriever, Voyaging Satyr, Vizier of Tumbling Sands, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Nessian Wanderer, Nature's Revolt