Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Destroy target nonland permanent and all other permanents with the same name as that permanent.
3 weeks ago
Welcome to the club, JHM921!
For this deck, I see a focus on getting Sarevok, Deathbringer as big as possible, but I also see some bits and pieces that I think can be switched out. Cards like Butcher of Malakir and Grave Betrayal would work better in a more graveyard-focused deck than what I think this deck wants to be. There's some ramp and mana modification, with Nature's Lore, Sakura-Tribe Elder, and similar cards, but I think some more early cards like Elves of Deep Shadow, Golgari Signet, and Elvish Mystic would help accelerate early game into mid game.
Virus Beetle, Ravenous Rats, and Festering Mummy are all kind of underwhelming in this deck. If you want to force discard, you either want to affect every opponent or choose the discard yourself, and Festering Mummy just has too small of an effect that the deck doesn't really have ways to capitalize on. I recommend adding some more targeted permanent destruction. Depending on how much money you're willing to spend, Nature's Claim, Maelstrom Pulse, Abrupt Decay, and Assassin's Trophy are all viable.
Since your commander is a big part of your win condition, you need to be able to protect it. Regenerate effects like Golgari Charm or Wrap in Vigor, indestructibility from Tamiyo's Safekeeping or Heroic Intervention, or simple unkillable-ness from Supernatural Stamina or Undying Malice will help keep Sarevok fresh and deathbringing.
Look through your deck, and for each card, ask yourself, "Why is this card in here? Does it advance my win condition? Does it remove an opponent's specific threat or problem? Does it protect my board?" If the answer to any of these is no, then it can probably be replaced with something more directed to this particular deck.
For some more specific suggestions, I assume Cloak of the Bat is to make Sarevok harder to block. I would switch that for something like Whispersilk Cloak. You don't have a solid Vampire base for Indulgent Aristocrat, and the Vampires you do have don't contribute much to your winning strategy, so I would save the Vampires for another deck.
I think if you tighten up the focus, this deck will become very solid. Happy brewing, and above all, have fun!
4 months ago
Drestlin - I do like how Baffling End comes from one of my favorite sets! Otherwise, I feel like it is similar to a lot of the other low cost removal from out there in terms of having a condition to meet to be effective, having a negative side effect, or losing those at the expense of cost such as Fatal Push, Infernal Grasp, Bloodchief's Thirst, Assassin's Trophy, Maelstrom Pulse, Vindicate...
The cheaper removal stuff from also has limiting conditions conditions or negative side effects like Smite, Swallow Whole, Reciprocate, Condemn, etc...which was one of my problems to begin with, not being able to always removal the creatures I needed consistently with Swallow Whole. Not saying that my idea to use Retribution of the Ancients for removal is not without its faults as you have to have +1/+1 counters to lose but at least it does not give the opponent a boost in land or creatures or take a 10th of my health (which the high number or fetch, shock, or pain lands already do that and more!).
Playtesting Retribution of the Ancients so far has had mixed reviews. I have either lost playing against decks like Living End where creatures are not really a thing until they are a thing and its to late or I have gotten it out and it does work effectively to help clear the board of essential pieces or just enough so I can get unblocked creatures for the win.
5 months ago
Nice deck. I would exchange Abrupt Decay for Maelstrom Pulse or Assassin's Trophy because the limitation of mana cost, doesn't seems good when you are playing commander. Most of the cards are above 3 mana cost.
5 months ago
First off, Thanks for the recognition lhetrick13. I don't know about infamous, but I'll take it. And thanks for reminding me to update that list ASAP. lol
As for the rest:
- Retribution of the Ancients, I never tried it. I don't know if you want to rely on it to heavily. If you go into there is SOOO much removal that becomes available. Fatal Push, Infernal Grasp, Thoughtseize, Bloodchief's Thirst, Assassin's Trophy, Maelstrom Pulse, Vindicate...
- Swallow Whole can definitely go for something more reliable. At sorcery speed, you probably already took damage by the time you're casting this. The additional +1/+1 counters seems like an uneven tradeoff.
- Hopeful Initiate seems fine. Scavenging Ooze could replace one of the 3 copies currently in the list.
Daghatar the Adamant works really well if you need a mana sink. I would probably go up to 4 copies of Luminarch Aspirant though TBH.
5 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
6 months ago
Maelstrom Pulse and Swan Song both feel like they should be in the sideboard - i'd replace them with some mix of additional Fatal Push, and/or Drown in the Loch, Opt, Growth Spiral (not sure which option is better from these, probably the Spiral)
I get why you're running Zuran Orb, but it feels super, super situational, and drawing a second copy is going to mostly be a dead-draw. I'd go down to running no more than 2 copies personally.
7 months ago
I'm not sure what your budget is or what exact suggestions you're looking for but here's my feedback. I'm going to write these suggestions assuming you already have an idea of what the "optimal" Jund list looks like. There won't be any of those cards on this list because I assume you already know about them but are unable/unwilling to afford them. Overall I like your budget take on Jund but there's a lot of room to upgrade this, even on a budget.
Cards to look into:
Bloodbraid Elf is a two for one on a 3/2 hasty body
Unearth brings back a lot of your stuff
Grim Flayer and Dragon's Rage Channeler are good aggressive creatures with upsides and synergy. You might have to jam in a few artifacts or enchantments to help hit delirium though, that or self-mill outlets like Satyr Wayfinder or Stitcher's Supplier. I imagine you'd easily hit creature/sorcery/instant, getting lands into your yard might be cumbersome without fetches though.
Witherbloom Command could help you hit land drops and enable delirium, if you want to go that route. It also does a bunch of other things.
Goblin Rabblemaster is a powerhouse
Fulminator Mage is good utility, at least worthwhile as sideboard option against Tron
Olivia Voldaren and Reaper of the Wilds aren't all that impressive to me, same with Dreg Mangler. These cards feel like filler for this deck. I don't really like Huntmaster of the Fells Flip either but it's better than the other three cards.
Kitchen Finks seems more like a SB card to me against burn or aggro matchups, though it's not the worst thing ever MB
Birds of Paradise doesn't really belong in a deck like this. It's not the worst choice but I'd rather be using a discard spell or holding up mana for a Bolt or something T1 than play a Bird.
I'm sure you know this, but that mana base is really sub-optimal. You might see the biggest difference in upgrading that first.
4x Dismember? What for? You already have tons of spot removal in the MB.
Drown in Sorrow is meh to me; I'm not so sure you need board wipe in your SB with all the spot removal and creatures you're running. I personally think you have better options for board wipe anyway: Bontu's Last Reckoning, Anger of the Gods and Kozilek's Return seem stronger to me. Damnation would be the best boardwipe but it is pricey. I would only run 1-2 of any of these.
Duress isn't the best SB slot. You could probably put this in the MB or just go for Inquisition as noted earlier.
Rakdos Charm is ok, you run 4 Scoozes in the MB so you're already decent against graveyard decks.
wallisface on Jund
8 months ago
Some cards to consider running as playsets:
- Lightning Bolt
- Fatal Push
- Abrupt Decay
- Grim Flayer
- Dark Confidant
- Dauthi Voidwalker
- Inquisition of Kozilek
- Bloodbraid Elf
Some cards that are decent, but probably better as 3-ofs (as drawing multiples can hurt)