At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Combos Browse all
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mindcrank
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nemesis of Reason
- Bloodchief Ascension + Duress
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
I always enjoyed the synergy between Lich Lord of Unx and Undead Alchemist ! Some other cards you may find really play into the entwining of mill and life-loss include Mindcrank , Duskmantle Guildmage and Bloodchief Ascension .
2 months ago
3 months ago
I believe that this set has many impressive cards, but I still wish that WotC had reprinted cards that were already legal in modern and expensive in price, such as Exquisite Blood , Bloodchief Ascension , or Vedalken Orrery .
3 months ago
I have replaced Exquisite Blood with Bloodchief Ascension , which reduced the average converted mana cost of this deck from 3.70 to 3.63, which is very nice, and my primary reason for making that replacement was that EB is very expensive in terms of money, but BA is, as well; I also contemplated Painful Quandary , but that card is also expensive, so, no matter which card I choose, I will need to spend a great amount of money.
4 months ago
The best way to keep from dying so quickly is to kill everyone else faster. To that end, consider:
- More wheel spells such as Dark Deal , Molten Psyche , Reforge the Soul , and Wheel of Fortune (budget permitting).
- Glistening Oil to provide another source of Infect (you'll kill them with wheels before the negative effect takes your Nekusar off the field).
- Dangerous combos that synergize with your deck strategy. Bloodchief Ascension is easy to activate with your commander and combos with Mindcrank to produce infinite mill. Curiosity is dangerous when placed on Nekusar, and can create a loop when placed on Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (who also combos well with your commander).
Second way to keep from losing: Better control.
- You are in Blue and should be running more counterspells.
- You should have more spot removal that can destroy problematic cards.
- Helm of the Ghastlord combos with Nekusar and a wheel to lock opponents out of the game (they can only play instants before the Ghastlord triggers resolve and cause them to discard every card they ever draw).
- Sigil of Sleep on Nekusar turns each wheel into a mini-Cyclonic Rift.
Add more ramp artifacts so you can get online quicker and fire off multiple wheels per turn.
Add Library of Leng - it allows you to use wheels to engineer a better hand by sending to graveyard what you do not need and keeping what you do.
Finally, you should reduce your average CMC substantially. A lot of your high-costed cards do not have particularly useful synergies to your deck--they might be decent cards in a vacuum, but they really are not great with your particular strategy. Plague Wind , Tidespout Tyrant , all of your 5-mana spells, all of your seven-mana spells, Rise from the Tides , and Roil Elemental are all things you can cut to make room for more synergistic options.
5 months ago
I like the deck and if you have the budget for it (I know I dont) I would add Bloodchief Ascension as it would speed things up even more and with that self mill
5 months ago
Maybe Marauding Blight-Priest for redundancy