Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
|Have (3)||, Bluboltar , GrandeKhan|
|Want (5)||EmanRuoy88 , rhochmuth , Saturnity , paullmall96 , princessrin|
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Twincast occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
8 hours ago
To remove: Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea, Crashing Drawbridge, Empyrean Eagle, Expedition Raptor, Expedition Raptor, Peace Strider, Sephara, Sky's Blade, Serra Angel, Threnody Singer, Tome Raider, Victory's Herald
To add: Solemn Simulacrum, Silas Renn, Seeker Adept, Myr Propagator, Trinket Mage, Trophy Mage, Tribute Mage, Daxos of Meletis, Clever Impersonator, Burnished Hart, Magister Sphinx, Divinity of Pride, Hanna, Ship's Navigator
To Add: Mirage Mirror, Sculpting Steel, Spellbinder, Isochron Scepter, Wayfarer's Bauble, Sol Ring, Traveler's Amulet, Prying Blade, Explorer's Scope, Dimir Signet, Orzhov Signet, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves
2 weeks ago
Your very top tier auto-include for lists is going to look like
- Force of Will "free"
- Pact of Negation "free"
- Swan Song cheap to cast and wide in restrictions
- Mana Drain color heavy but ramps the following turn
- Mental Misstep "free"
- Delay not color heavy and hits any spell, delaying for 3 turns is the same as solving it in very fast competitive EDH
Your situational includes are going to look like
- Force of Negation This can't protect your own combos, so it isn't wanted in every list. This is ran in QUITE A FEW lists though, always worth a consider.
- Counterspell Usually seen in mono or dual color decks as the cost can be hard in some 4 or 5 color shells
- Dispel Sometimes cut for a more general counter
- Muddle the Mixture Limited in scope and color heavy but this is more often slotted as a hard-to-counter tutor with a counterspell as icing on the top
- Narset's Reversal this card is pretty nice. While it does see a lot of play, it definitely isn't an autoinclude yet by any means.
- Spell Pierce Before you mock this card, consider how well it catches ultra fast mana rocks and tutors. Noncreature is very wide, and it stops Sol Ring Mana Crypt Mox Diamond Mox Opal Chrome Mox Mox Amber Mana Vault Vampiric Tutor Imperial Seal Mystical Tutor Worldly Tutor Gamble Dark Ritual and SO MUCH MORE. Even for a tempo card, you're still going to catch weird stuff like someone's Rhystic Study because they tapped out to pay for it. Its very strong against blistering fast combo decks, which is why it sees competitive play.
Other blue stuff is usually just too expensive. Paying over 2 mana for a counterspell just doesn't cut it when there are so many threats for so cheap. Don't pay more than 2 for a counterspell unless it does something wild on top. Counterspells with fewer restrictions on what it can counter are going to be better.
This is where it gets saucy boys
- Red Elemental Blast Pyroblast are VERY good. In a pod, there is almost definitely blue at the table. Every single red deck can slot these for commander without fear. Do note that REB works against any spell that includes blue (multicolor), while pyro only works against spells that are ONLY blue (monocolor).
- Fork Reverberate (Twincast) these allow you to copy a counterspell to create a counterspell. More access for red to counterspells. They also conveniently work very well against tutors, ramp, big draw spells, and extra turn spells.
- Guttural Response Weird hybrid color and somewhat restricted but still a good include in most RG decks.
- Burnout a bit worse then the elemental blasts as it costs 2 mana and it is limited. The cantrip is nice though
- Mana Tithe not that good in EDH but give it a whirl I guess
- Lapse of Certainty costing 3 hurts, but this is more a tempo card than anything.
- Dash Hopes Don't play this card in EDH lol
- Withering Boon on the chunkier end at 2 CMC, but in a color that doesn't get much of this. The 3 life and the restriction hurt, but definitely EDH playable. Every deck runs a commander, 99% of which are creatures
- Imp's Mischief can counter a spell by having it target Mischief, as can Misdirection Shunt Swerve and Ricochet Trap.
- Veil of Summer 1 mana green Cryptic Command
- Autumn's Veil Counterspell + silence against UB
- Bind I bet you didn't even know this card existed. Cantrips. GOOD IN THE YISAN MIRROR MATCH?
- Avoid Fate Weird protection oriented counterspell
- Nether Void Mostly ran in stax builds, brutal lockout card
- Planar Chaos One of my new favorite cards. Brutal with recursion like Hall of Heliod's Generosity. Play when you're ahead
- Deathgrip Lifeforce These are based if you have any method of color shifting. Realistically, you could run Lifeforce in Momir Hackball. These cards can cause scoops on casual tables lol.
- Vexing Shusher can render counterspells useless. Similarly, Dosan the Falling Leaf Grand Abolisher Prowling Serpopard Gaea's Herald can all protect against counterspells. Far more marginal but still worthwhile are Hall of Gemstone and Ritual of Subdual for turning off counterspells for opponents.
1 month ago
What Kogarashi said is correct, but additionally, note that if the spell cast to create the copy was a non-creature spell (ex: Dualcaster Mage is a creature, whereas Twincast is a non-creature spell) Kykar, Wind's Fury would trigger.
So here, Kykar is triggering for casting the spell which copies, not the spell that is copied.
1 month ago
2 months ago
I recently have become very fond of Riku of Two Reflections , so I have designed two signature spells for him, as seen, below:
Riku's Reflection Show
Copy target instant or sorcery spell; you may choose new targets for the copy.
This spell was inspired by Nature's Chant , which is a combination of Naturalize and Disenchant , and is strictly better than both of them. It is a combination of Twincast and Reverberate , being strictly better than both of them.
Riku's Replicant Show
Creature - shapeshifter
You may have Riku's replicant enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.
This card is a variant of Clone , but with a more flexible casting cost.
Obviously, both of these cards are designed to be used with Riku, himself, so what does everyone else think of them?
2 months ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
I use the elixir of immortality incase I need to reup my library. But I have noticed i dont use it that often. So eventually I will be swapping it out. Fatal Push will probably be the choice to replace elixir.
As for Mesmeric Orb I dont like the idea of milling myself. Granted it's a nice card.