Vilis, Broker of Blood
Legendary Creature — Demon
, Pay 2 life: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Whenever you lose life, draw that many cards. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vilis, Broker of Blood occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Vilis, Broker of Blood Discussion
1 week ago
Have you looked into putting Vilis, Broker of Blood in the deck?
2 weeks ago
You should get some cards that make Kaalia unblockable like Spirit Mantle or Whispersilk Cloak so that she is safer. You don't have many dragons or Planeswalkers, so Sarkhan the Masterless kinda sucks in this deck. Instead of Disenchant or Abolish, you should run Revoke Existence. The other Kaalia, Kaalia, Zenith Seeker goes well with your Kaalia. Terror of the Peaks would be good, Rune-Scarred Demon too, Vilis, Broker of Blood (you need draw), Demonlord Belzenlok (for the same reason), Thundermaw Hellkite gives a free attack basically and so does Master Warcraft, and Akroma's Will is just really strong, and since you seem to want to destroy a lot of artifact and enchantments, Heliod's Intervention would be good for you. There are a ton of good cards, but I guess the agony of this kind of deck is that it is hard to choose which ones to include. I don't know what all else to say, but I hope this helps.
4 weeks ago
Gorgeous, beautifil. Very cool deck. I might play Belbe one day. I adored your Neheb, but the minotaur is just so expensive. Maybe this would work.
Two cards you could consider:
Archfiend of Despair: You're basically pinging each opponent. This would double the efficiency of your pinging while also preventing opponents from healing.
Vilis, Broker of Blood: There will be players who try to damage you to benefit from Belbe as well. Vilis will make you benefits from these players by turning their damage into more haymakers.
1 month ago
I'd say it's not that broken, except if your Commander is Vilis, Broker of Blood.
Here's Sneak attack, but Rhystic:
Rhystic Ambush 1 R
R: You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield unless any player pays 1. That creature gains haste, sacrifice it at end of turn.
1 month ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Vilis, Broker of Blood, etc... also from the new set: Profane Transfusion (I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
1) Loxodon Warhammer - is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with Shadowspear, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply Bontu's Monument as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
1) Tortured Existence - even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with Phyrexian Altar and Desecrated Tomb to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate/Animate Dead/Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp.
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation.
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
1 month ago
sora719, Hi again! I'm so glad you've been keeping up with the deck since the start!
Funnily enough, 3 of the 4 suggestions you made I've been silently questioning myself over as well.
To get Vilis, Broker of Blood out of the way, assuming we use the same 8 mana for Debt to the Deathless, that IS a gain 24 life and a drain of 8 per opponent. As of now, I consider that a worthy value and will make the change.
I've done the math for Divinity of Pride and Archangel of Thune, and assuming I only have the given creature and Liesa out, DoP has more lifegain for the first 3 turns of combat. After that, AoT has the better lifegain rate, as it increases every turn. Notably, I have 17 possible ways to gain life in the deck, so it's likely I could make AoT buff even faster. My only worry is that a growing board/ growing Liesa will incentivise my opponents to kill it/her more than DoP ever would.
However Archangel of Thune is my favorite angel (after mistress Liesa of course), so I'm inclined to use it. Given the fact that it also isn't as color restrictive as DoP, I'll go ahead and make the change.
I have more than enough copies of Erebos, God of the Dead laying around, and the indestructible creature makes it very versatile, so I'll make that change too.
Finally, Heliod's Intervention. I did originally have it in the maybe board, but I couldn't find a slot for it. Anyone who's seen my Karametra, God of Harvests deck knows I love me some enchantment and artifact removal. That being said, I'm still not sure what I would remove for it.
I'll add it back to the maybe board, and hope I grow tired of some other card so I can make the switch.
Thank you so much for the comment and help!
1 month ago
Hello again man. First talking about the Vilis, Broker of Blood,I think he is a bit expensive for what we try to do, with all the other draw it´s a bit redundant, and he can´t be cheated from hand or GV.
Second, I know Divinity of Pride is awesome and thicc, but I could easily replace him for something like Archangel of Thune, same cost and can make herself and Liesa really big. Even Vona, Butcher of Magan has more utility and impact but I haven´t tested it enough.
Lastly the easiest one, Tainted Remedy is super narrow, powerful in some tables but in general meh.Erebos, God of the Dead seems way better as it is indestructible and preventing them for gaining life is the most important part of the card. The card draw it´s just the extra and it´s wonderful,because it balances the card draw if you cut Vilis.
If I may say another recommendation, I run Heliod´s intervention on nearly every white deck I own, just amazing value, and the second part of the card is sweet in this deck.
1 month ago
The point of Archenemy is that you get the schemes to equal the balance a bit. Metagaming to end the game as fast as possible or dedicating your deck to have your opponents play as little magic as possible won't lead to a fun weekend.
Play a deck that's fun, that's capable of big mana plays, although do play a few more boardwipes than you would. Something like Karametra, God of Harvests or Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, to make sure you have plenty of resources all the time.
If I'd be invited to a game like this, I'd probably play my Rankle, Master of Pranks deck, with plenty of mana doublers like Magus of the Coffers and Crypt Ghast (extort works amazingly in this setup), recurring creatures like Bloodghast and Gutterbones to keep sacrificing to the rankle triggers, discard & draw punishment like Underworld Dreams and Liliana's Caress, big demons like Razaketh, the Foulbloodedand Vilis, Broker of Blood and big mana finishers like Torment of Hailfire. It holds its own pretty well in multiplayer, and Rankle scales pretty well with an increasing number of opponents.