Choose a creature type. Draw a card for each permanent you control of that type.
|Want (3)||Rent_A_Zilla , AzraelChimera , feyn_do_alduin|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Rising: Commander (ZNC)||Common|
|Arena Cards (ARENA)||Common|
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Distant Melody Discussion
24 minutes ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
1 day ago
Distant Melody seems too late game for this deck.
I think it's a better move. The Outcast is still a pirate but comes with guaranteed evasion over possible flying.
3 weeks ago
Coastal Piracy is strictly worse than Reconnaissance Mission. It's probably worth including both though. Oh, and Distant Melody is pretty sweet; as I'm writing this, I've realized that I should probably check to see if it's already in the list, and I see you've got it in your maybe board, so I'll just say that I strongly suggest finding room for it in your build. Sure, it's not always great because boardwipes do exist, but given the rapid tendency of this deck to be able to build/rebuild its board, I'd think you wouldn't have to worry too much about that. Long story short, Distant Melody is just a value play that's right at home in a deck like this one.
1 month ago
Hey, for less than $150 you've done well with your version. You clearly know how to build a Commander deck with a low budget.
Cards that are $3 or less each to consider adding:
- Tutors: Scion of the Ur-Dragon, Sarkhan's Triumph, Shared Summons, Crop Rotation
- Draw: Temur Ascendancy, Dragonlord Ojutai(Mystery Booster version)
- Ramp: Faeburrow Elder
- Lands: Cascading Cataracts, Haven of the Spirit Dragon, Unclaimed Territory, Sunken Hollow, Prairie Stream
Scion of the Ur-Dragon is a very good Dragon as a repeatable Dragon tutor and it combos with Teneb, the Harvester + Bladewing the Risen to reanimate the Dragons you tutor for. Consider cutting some of the least good Dragons for a few creature tutors that can search for the better Dragons?
Temur Ascendancy does a lot for a three drop, haste for all creatures you control and repeatable draw when most Dragons ETB including Dragon tokens with 4 or more power. These land suggestions would add five more lands that can ETB untapped meaning they could replace five lands that always ETB tapped. Cascading Cataracts is helpful with Jodah/Fist letting you for five mana of any colors plus tapping Cataracts to cast any card.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Crag
- Vivid Creek
- Vivid Grove
- Vivid Marsh
- Vivid Meadow
- Make a Stand
- Stroke of Genius
- Distant Melody
- Hedron Archive
- Boneyard Scourge
- Tyrant's Familiar
- Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
Even on a budget the Vivid lands are not good unless you have proliferate to put more counters on them and I don't recommend adding proliferate just for the Vivids.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Heya TriusMalarky, I have tested effects like bident of thassa before and they didn’t work too well.
Distant Melody however is a card I never thought of. It may be a nice replacement for wheel and deal but I have to test that. It seems really solid in a 1v1 scenario but might kill me in a 4 player game. Having more snakes than cards in my library isn’t uncommon. But I’ll give it a test and see how it performs, looks promising.
1 month ago
I don't know how relevant these are, but I saw Bident of Thassa and Distant Melody and thought they were pretty cool. Drawing 20+ cards for only a little bit of mana seems pretty powerful to me. Or are they too slow?
Also.... Windfall/Archivist with those would be pretty friggin good. 60 some-odd snakes for 7 mana, yes please.
1 month ago
You can check out my version https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-20-PGZ-time-for-crab/
1 month ago
Also do you ever have trouble with not having enough mana? Maybe your high card draw makes up for the lack of ramp but I'd be worried about not having enough mana to be able to cast your precious bears.
Cute deck! I like it a lot. :^)