Ramos, Dragon Engine
Legendary Artifact Creature — Dragon
Whenever you cast a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Ramos, Dragon Engine for each of that spell's colours.
Remove five +1/+1 counters from Ramos: Gain . Activate this ability only once each turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ramos, Dragon Engine Discussion
1 month ago
Specifically have Morophon, the Boundless on the field first. Then with Ramos on the field, cast Scion for free. Ramos gets 5 counters...which you can use to cast Dragonstorm. It's complicated but it works...for the most part.
1 month ago
Appreciate the well thought out response, I know that took some time. Many of your suggestions were added, the ones on the "Maybe Board" are cards I don't own currently so they would likely be upgrades if I bought.
You make valid points for Castle Locthwain and Westvale Abbey Flip, I was just thinking late game card draw or a surprise late game flying, lifelink, indestructible, haste; removed the castle as card draw really doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. The same for benching Anticipate.
I didn't have most of the cards for the extra land ramp you suggested but added what I could and others to the Maybe Board. Can't believe I missed Command Tower lol.
The justification for keeping Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh is he is a dragon (theme deck for casual friends) and if he flips it is a distraction that needs to be addressed. Commit / Memory was for mill protection and since been added to the sideboard. Shadowspear was mainly there for the (1) remove hexproof and indestructible, which could be more of a sideboard item. Ramos, Dragon Engine is there for yet another mana source as my mana base is a little on the low side. Deathbringer Regent has moved to sideboard as well, he was added for opponents who crap out tokens and board whipe was needed. Amareth, the Lustrous is in currently for card draw until I purchase something from my maybe board.
1 month ago
Hey, good start. Overall you have good sense with the high budget you have.
Consider revisiting the manabase, you forgot Command Tower and also expand on ramp? 31 lands with only seven 0-3 CMC ramp sources is a risky amount when you need a lot of mana to cast Dragons and Ur-Dragon is nine mana. You really want a ramp source in your opening hand and consistently to get this you want more ramp. Not playing one basic land is an interesting choice, not a choice I would make, but if it's working for you than nice. I would include at least one of each basic.
The Pathways are not good lands for five colors since can only choose one color, they don't give you enough color fixing. With your high budget you can do better than the Pathways especially since a few of them cost more price than much better lands. Castle Locthwain and Westvale Abbey Flip look out of place and are not powerful enough only able to make one black or one colorless mana in a five color deck. Some Rainbow lands are helpful when playing five colors or with Dragons:
- Command Tower
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Exotic Orchard
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry
More land ramp that can search for a Triome or Shock land:
Lore and Visits are two drops, similar to Farseek, but the land you search for can ETB untapped if you search for a Forest Shock land. Skyshroud can search for two Forest Triomes or Forest Shock lands. Adding Overgrown Tomb would help with these land ramp spells. Some good ramp sources for five colors to consider:
There's a few other nonDragon cards here that you don't need because they're not as good as other cards here:
- Nyx Lotus
- Genesis Ultimatum
- Commit / Memory
- Saw It Coming
- Doom Blade
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
- Cover of Darkness
Nyx Lotus is not a good ramp source here since it's a four drop that ETB tapped and then it doesn't make mana unless you control another colored permanent. Cover of Darkness is an expensive price card that's not doing much here because Dragons don't really need fear since they already have flying evasion.
Because you have Tiamat then you could cut some of the lesser Dragons such as Deathbringer Regent, Amareth, the Lustrous and Ramos, Dragon Engine. You have Old Gnawbone, if you add Hellkite Charger then you have an infinite attack combo that Tiamat can tutor for.
There's several expensive price cards in the maybeboard that would be good upgrades, but there's also some budget cards that would be upgrades for any of the above cards I mentioned to consider cutting:
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
In fact, with Tiamat in my Ur-Dragon deck, I would tutor for Ramos, Dragon Engine, Scion of the Ur-Dragon,Morophon, the Boundless (and two other dragons) play the changeling, then dragon engine, then scion to give Ramos its counters
2 months ago
If you want the deck to be good, ditch the chromatic dragons from AFR. I’m all for flavor, but they are just gonna hold the deck back SO much. I was very disappointed when they came out just how universally unusable they all are. You’ve got dragons of each color in your maybe board that are far better. Think to yourself with each dragon, would I want to tutor this up with Tiamat? Belltoll Dragon and Hellkite Tyrant could serve you well here. Nadaar, Selfless Paladin would help with your DnD theme and be useful, especially as a low mana cost dragon. You could also use much more ramp here. Ramos, Dragon Engine could help you with that, and he’s a dragon.
5 months ago
First of all thanks for the input and sorry for the delay in the reply; I have been testing with proxies.
- Aggravated Assault is in
- Decided against counterspells (mostly personal preference, and I am lucky enough not to have any combo decks around; and we all enjoy haymakers being cast, but I will definitely keep it in the back of my mind)
- Ramp/Mana Base: included what I call the "Forest Package":
- The Forest Triomes and the Forest Shock Duals
- Dragons: Upped quality, focus on multiple colors (for Ramos, Dragon Engine and being legendary for Primevals' Glorious Rebirth
Again, thanks for the input!
5 months ago
Welcome back for the last top ten at 6 cmc. Last time it was colorless. This time its its multicolored.
Check out these other lists too
- top 10 black cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 green cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 white cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 red cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 blue cards at 6 cmc
So the rules are to post a comment of a multicolored card at 6 cmc and the people will upvote it. The card with the most upvotes will get the # spot. I will update the top 10 list daily.
Your comment/comments should look something like this...
My favorite multicolored card at 6 cmc is Morgue Burst .
It shouldn't look like this.
My favorite card is this card and that card and also this card but I think this card is the best.
- If you want to submit multiple cards, comment multiple times. Only one card per submission.
- Upvote whatever cards you agree to be in the top ten.
- Dont be afraid to upvote multiple cards.
- You may make comments on other suggested cards and you may talk about the top cards list. But keep your card suggestions separate.
- X spells are excluded.
- You may tag friends to join the conversation/debate.
- Only multicolored cards at 6 cmc will be considered for the top 10.
- You may talk about other cards outside of multicolored and outside of 6 cmc but they will not be considered for the top 10.
- Cards that have no color or one color in its casting cost but have 2 or more colors on the card will be accepted. Cards lik Ramos, Dragon Engine
- Cards banned in edh will not be considered for the top 10.
- If the submitted card has the same amount of upvotes as another card. I will make a judgment call on witch one I feel deserves the higher spot in the top 10.
- S stands for super. For the 1 card that I chose to represent the best card that's banned in edh.
- If theres a draw. For instance. If a card has 5 upvotes, and another card has 5 upvotes, and one of them I have upvoted, and the other I have not upvoted. The card I have not upvoted counts as 5½ or 5.5 for those using the metric system.
- if a card has been submitted 2 or more times and each of them have upvotes, the upvote score does not count all of the repeated submissions upvotes. Only the one with the most upvotes. Remember if you see a card that has been submitted more than once and you upvoted it. Look for the other one and upvote it too.
Tapped user results Tue, April 27th
- S "Ach! Hans, Run!"
- Merciless Eviction
- Savage Ventmaw
- Muldrotha, the Gravetide
- Aurelia, the Warleader
- Thousand-Year Storm
- Oona, Queen of the Fae
- The Locust God
- Casualties of War
- Edgar Markov
- Narset, Enlightened Master
Edhrec results Tue, April 27th
- Merciless Eviction , In 25587 decks, 22% of 116450 decks
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun , In 11116 decks, 9% of 118394 decks
- Casualties of War , In 10900 decks, 9% of 118533 decks
- Muldrotha, the Gravetide , In 6419 decks, 9% of 72591 decks
- The Locust God , In 10040 decks, 8% of 118394 decks
- Aurelia, the Warleader , In 9288 decks, 8% of 114888 decks
- Ramos, Dragon Engine , In 2921 decks, 8% of 38524 decks
- Thousand-Year Storm , In 8646 decks, 7% of 118394 decks
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind , In 8459 decks, 7% of 118394 decks
- Savage Ventmaw , In 6970 decks, 6% of 108447 decks