Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Knight
When Thalia's Lancers enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a legendary card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
4 months ago
Udpate 18-07-2023: Trying to lean into more two colour for the theme. also d=trying to lower curve, focus on protecting PWs to actually get ultimates off, as the deck struggles to close games. Idea before was almost that any of the good stuff I find can run away with the game (assemble the legion and narset), but I don't think winning that way will be as satisfying. I think it would be good if I can get a PW out, get them to ult, and if that fails, niv to refresh hand and then give it another go.
- Hostage Taker --> Baleful Strix - cheaper, good blocker, cantrip
- All Suns' Dawn --> Primevals' Glorious Rebirth - more expensive and less flexible but direct to battlefield
- Merciless Eviction --> Kardur, Doomscourge - cheaper, gain rakdos, lose removal, still protects walkers
- Silent Arbiter --> Dueling Grounds - cheaper and two colour, doesn't provide blocker
- Ranger's Path --> Expand the Sphere - can get any lands, should find some in top 6, can proliferate
- Basalt Monolith --> Black Market Tycoon - lose ral and brigthhearth synergy, cheaper, and two colour
- Swords to Plowshares --> Batwing Brume - was mainly in there as a simple staple, gain PW protection, two colour
- Assemble the Legion --> General Ferrous Rokiric - was two colour good stuff, now cheaper, and colour synergy
- Thalia's Lancers --> Jenson Carthalion, Druid Exile - lose tutor for combo, cheaper, two colour, colour synergy
- The Wanderer --> Gold-Forged Thopteryx - lose removal and protection, cheaper, two colour, a little protection
- Nevinyrral's Disk --> Pernicious Deed - more expensive, but can do in one turn, and two colour
- Narset, Enlightened Master -> Grateful Apparition - was good stuff, cheaper, PW synergy
- Boros Signet --> Staff of Compleation - more expensive, more flexible, PW synergy
- Rampant Growth --> Birds of Paradise - fragile but cheaper
- Skyshroud Claim --> Radha, Hearth of Keld - worse ramp, but gain gruul and two colour
- Azorius Signet --> Coiling Oracle - blocker, two colour, worse ramp
1 year ago
1 year ago
This looks pretty powerful, great job! I might have some ideas for you:
Thalia's Lancers is a tutor on a somewhat big creature, and with your high amount of legendaries, it seems useful here.
Sanctuary Lockdown is another anthem which can use tokens to handle threats temporarily. A fine card.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal is a powerful card and very powerful with Saskia.
1 year ago
This looks really interesting, but I think there are some general problems. The most important is that your curve is very high, but you have somewhat expensive ramp, too. I have some ideas for you.
First thing first, you can have your companion show up as a card similarly to how your commander ist shown. Just write * CMPN * (without the spaces between the asterisk and the letters) behind your companion in the sideboard.
Green has all these version of Llanowar Elves, and I think adding some of those instead of your MV3 or 4 ramp creatures is important. Sakura-Tribe Elder is a great ramp card. These changes could already solve the mana problem.
More removal seems important, as well. Reclamation Sage and Manglehorn would be fine additions. Massacre Girl is a good boardwipe on legs. Cataclysmic Gearhulk could work for you if you were to add in some enchantment creatures. Vona, Butcher of Magan can solve many problems. Noxious Gearhulk, Nekrataal and especially Ravenous Chupacabra would be useful to deal with creatures.
Now to some other cards to maybe add.
Veteran Explorer is a great ramp card, though it might be hard here to use him multiple times due to your low basic land count. What a shame ;)
With your legendary sub-theme, Thalia's Lancers might be a pretty great addition.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Just a recommendation, but I might recommend putting Avacyn, Angel of Hope in the 99 and making the newly spoiled Giada, Font of Hope the new commander. You can still play Avacyn most games, who you can tutor with Search for Glory and Thalia's Lancers, but your opponents won't know when she is coming, which will make her more powerful than if they know that she is your commander. Giada also will help ramp Avacyn and your other angels out, and make each of them far more powerful, and will come out on turn two every game. It might also allow you to play fewer board wipes and more angels, which could be a more fun playstyle for both you and your opponents.
Whether you do the above or not, Avacyn has a weakness when it comes to mass exile or bounce effects like Cyclonic Rift or Descend upon the Sinful, and anthem killers like Black Sun's Zenith. One way to avoid this is with mass blink cards like Cosmic Intervention, Eerie Interlude, and Semester's End, which can dodge any removal or board wipe while keeping your team available for blocking.
Since you have some life-gain matters cards, I'd lean more into it with spells that draw cards off of life-gain like Well of Lost Dreams, Dawn of Hope, and Cosmos Elixir. White needs all the draw it can get!
My deck isn't done yet (though the first version will be out in a few days when I get the cards). Nonetheless, here it is if you want ideas-Giada Angels Tribal I don't have Avacyn yet because I need a Christmas gift or store credit to swing it, but she will eventually go in!