|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Might of the Masses
Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature you control.
|Have (7)||ironax , MythicWinter111 , Yawkcorb , Dsmonsta , XxCataclysmiCxX , frederiklw , ahobrien|
|Want (8)||Fullmetalmage , Artius , Skwarka , NorthernCrow , blerwymm , king0fclubs , Swagrajag , bsorner3|
Might of the Masses Discussion
2 months ago
Dude! I totally get how disgusting that 'really' does look. Believe me; my buddy basically 'insisted' on adding them. I said the same thing - "I'm not tossing a random U card in my golgari deck" right?
But he's been playing it in his B/W knights deck for weeks. And he has a good point; a 2 drop lets you dig as deep as up to 3 cards. It does cycle you through your fluff pretty quick.
Most games I either am hunting for a tendershoot (2 is even better) or waiting to spank them with Might of the Masses like I explained earlier. Just about every other card I play is me just running a delay til I can work out an endgame, so it actually is moderately useful. Despite looking terrible lol. He said to run 4 of them, at least I held it back at 2 right?
4 months ago
You're right - Murmuring Mystic is just too slow, and it's not something I want to cast on Turn 4. And I thought Might of the Masses would be cool with Awakening, but by itself it really does nothing, so I'm thinking of reworking the deck a little. I might turn it into Kicker Control with heavy mana ramp and Fight with Fire/Sylvan Awakening as finishers.
What do you think about Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar as a big, reusable creature? It can also bounce the Gates to trigger Guild Summit again.
And that's a good idea about the mini board wipe against aggro. I'm thinking of maybe using Deafening Clarion instead, so that my land creatures and Multani can get me some life back.
4 months ago
This deck is split two ways that don't really compliment each other. You have the value-oriented Blue-Green goodstuff, a great place for Tishana, and also have some merfolk tribal cards tossed in, despite only having 20 merfolk, you have 15 cards that want you to have merfolk. I'd suggest switching your commander for Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca and add more merfolk instead of the equipment and non-merfolk creatures, and drop the +1/+1 counter theme with cards like Bioshift, or move into the Blue-Green Value list, drop the merfolk tribal, and all of the less-than-great merfolk, and run more mana dorks like Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Birds of Paradise, Arbor Elf, Boreal Druid, Elvish Mystic, etc. to quickly cast Tishana and refill your hand.
You could also just go +1/+1 counters, but that doesn't synergize heavily with your list, considering only two cards of your even can have +1/+1 counters, your commander and Prime Speaker Zegana.
Cards to drop no matter what really would be Bioshift, Mu Yanling, Quietus Spike, Levitation, Pause for Reflection, Cancel, Exclude, Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, Might of the Masses, Treasure Hunt, and Crashing Tide
For more countermagic, Arcane Denial is really good, as is Swan Song, more removal would be like Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, and Imprisoned in the Moon the last two of which can turn off commanders, because you are just enchanting them, but they aren't leaving anywhere. They also lose all other types and abilities as they turn into lands, so they are effectively useless.
4 months ago
Just so it's listed here too, -X/-X from cards like Tragic Slip isn't considered damage at all, or destruction. It's basically the temporary version of a number of -1/-1 counters, much like a card that grants +X/+X until end of turn, like Might of the Masses is the temporary version of a card that places +1/+1 counters like River Heralds' Boon. It doesn't kill a creature by assigning it lethal damage or destroying it, it kills it by simply making its toughness much lower and letting state-based actions do the rest.
And yes, the state-based action of a creature with 0 toughness going to the graveyard, and the Cleanup Step at the end of a turn, are different things. As mentioned, state-based actions are constantly checked. The Cleanup Step at the end of the turn just helps clear things up and "reset" them for the next player's turn. This is where Tragic Slip would wear off if it didn't kill the creature (cast without morbid on something tougher than 1, or applied to a creature like Impervious Greatwurm with a toughness greater than 13).
5 months ago
5 months ago
Nice to see that you updated the deck and the description buddy. I have some suggestions for you!
Dive Down while not adding power to our creatures also grants hexproof so Kumena/Misty/Elite can survive longer, also being able to block some bigger creatures.
Might of the Masses will be a great finisher to our deck. Swarming the board with a lot of tokens and giving a MCH +a lot/+a lot and being unblockable(Kumena fit's this idea too) is something to consider.
I'm planning on testing Enter the Unknown as it works as a filter and ramp for our deck while helping our fish to grow bigger.
For sideboard against RDW, I'm planning on using Wildgrowth Walker the combination of it + branchwalker and enter the unknown will lead to good lifegain and good body, that would be perfect to deal with the ammount of damage that deck has. not to mention that a 1/3 body for 2 will block their creatures for days.
I'm not planning on running tempest caller on maindeck as I think that Trickster will do the job. If any go wide strategy starts to show up, it can get my attention back. Though, sleep fits the same idea while doing it for two turns.
Hope it helps buddy, if you can take a look at my list and give suggestions! I appreciate so much your comments! :D Cya.
6 months ago
Hey there, if your store runs a lot of events, they should have a few bulk or dollar boxes, so I'm going to throw several cards at you real quick for infect!
Might of Old Krosa --> Probably the hardest card to find in a store on this list, but just super powerful.
Groundswell --> Second most difficult to find, and definitely better with fetchlands, but still a very effect card in any infect list.
Blossoming Defense --> This is probably the easiest card to find here. Pump + Utility is amazing in infect. Protect a dude and kill a player? I like it.
Vines of Vastwood --> I swear my store has an infinite number of these...
Mutagenic Growth --> This card is insane! Please try to get more.
Become Immense --> If you find them, I'd only get one. Without fetchlands and a TON of cheap spells, it'll be hard to cast. If cast though, it's a game winner.
Shapers' Sanctuary --> Great sideboard card for infect.
Might of the Masses --> Probably the least effective/variable card on this short list, but for budget reasons might be worth a shot.
Best of luck!
6 months ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
No data for this card yet.