Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Cat
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Steppe Lynx gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
1 month ago
I'm not sure how useful it is, but I've always loved Enter the Unknown for creature and lands together decks. It's an extra land with the benefit of allowing you to modify your next draw, and it would play nice with Steppe Lynx It could possibly give lynx +5/5 on turn 2 if you have enough lands in hand.
Nothing revolutionary maybe, but I do love the card : )
7 months ago
Territorial skycat is a little awkward to build around, but since you are in selesnya have you considered a cat tribal variant?
Scythe Tiger in the sideboard for control matchups.
It'd certainly offer an aggro strategy to mix things up with your regular playgroup, so that they can't overprepare for this midrange/combo style.
9 months ago
You should definitely lower your curve. Even with all your ramp cards like Emeria Shepherd and Rampaging Baloths are far to slow. If you want to stay as a more midrange deck some cards I think you should consider are:
Zuran Orb: this combos excellently with Titania, Protector of Argoth and Elvish Reclaimer. It can easily be fetched with Urza's Saga (which is also a great target to fetch off of Harrow). Urza's Saga + Ramunap Excavator is also a really great combo.
Ancient Greenwarden: although this is more casual then the other cards I've suggested so far once it synergises really well with your gameplan so I thought I would suggest it anyways.
Blast Zone: Having tutorable removal is always excellent and Blast Zone is even better due to its combo with Ramunap Excavator. It might also be good to add Crucible of Worlds as extra copies of Ramunap Excavator that aren't affected by most removal.
10 months ago
abbatromebone Intersting insights. What would you recommend instead of Steppe Lynx and Knight of the White Orchid? Any recommendations for sideboard replacements or will I need to just play with the deck before I go there?
10 months ago
- I dont think there are any bounce lands legal in modern but you want affects like this in you deck Murasa Rootgrazer. Im aware you dont want green and want it mono white so i would recommend cycles of these cards Wildfield Borderpost there's one for every 2 color combo, and could help if you want to splash a color or want something for your sideboard.
- Another tech you could consider is Dryad Arbor its a land and a creature so you could make a loop that bounces it back to you hand and play it. It would also go off of Emeria, The Sky Ruin pretty well. They are like 3$ a copy so not very cheap.
- you might not need Leyline of Sanctity unless your playing against a burn like deck or maybe some discard deck.
- There is an issue with Knight of the White Orchid and running 25 lands. Odds are by turn 3 youll probably have 3 lands in hand but its no guarantee that your opponent will. So it will most likely just be a 2/2 with first strike which isnt bad, but isnt great.
- I dont think you need Steppe Lynx Its an 0/1 on everyone elses turn, and you dont need to be the agressor you have the late game with you other creatures. If you need to stall i recommend wall of omens.
- Eternity Vessel is a cool card but its draining your budget and lets assume you have 6 mana what would you rather cast Eternity Vessel or Admonition Angel?
- Fabled Passage is expensive budget wise, so it might be worth considering to see if we can get a better synergy out that money. Being we cant get it consistently. The deck doesnt have enough card draw, tutoring, or filtering to get it. You might get more out of cards like Wildfield Borderpost
- This might seem like a meme but its pretty solid Mana Tithe. No one sees it coming, and can be back breaking.
- White has good hate cards like Stony Silence and Rest in Peace however what graveyard and artifacts are killing us? also RIP is a anti-synergy with Emeria, The Sky Ruin. These cards can strain your budget and arent always as helpful as you think.
- Anyways cool deck idea havent seen mono white landfall and hope this helps. Ping me anytime you need help with a deck
10 months ago
Hi, can I check how competitive you'd like to be? Casual tables, FNMs, Tournaments?
I've got a few landfall ideas on the back burner that you might be able to make work with this. White black will rely more heavily on supporting cards than other landfall lists as 'lands matter' hasn't been printed on many cards in those colours. Overall, I'd look at being a lot lower on the curve, playing 1/2/3 drops that affect the boad - bodies, killing creatures or similar.
Try to focus budget on lands. Especially with landfall. Evolving wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Warped Landscape for pure budget, the more expensive fetches when you can. Shocks can let you cheat on the exact colours of the fetches. Lands are the most important part of (almost) any deck, and with landfall that is emphasised somewhat.
Steppe Lynx. Most of the other options are in other colours, but decks it is in basically just 'play 1 drops, attack, crack fetches, maybe burn'.
Knight of the White Orchid is a great body with ramp, while Loyal Warhound a solid extra 4 copies. If you can turn them on, they make 'being on the draw' games a lot better - something not a lot of cards can say. Solemn Simulacrum is good. Especially if you get it back from the graveyard.
Felidar Retreat/Retreat to emeria are incredible value engines if you can turn them on. The rest of the deck would be setting up for that and making use of it.
Unearth + graveyard matters stuff, self mill and bloodghast shenanigans.
Black has land destruction, which is almost like ramp - a deck that gets itself lots of basic lands and casts Smallpox will work.
1 year ago
Seems like a lot of lands for a deck only packing hyperaggressive 1-2 cmc threats. I'd probably cut 2-4.
1 year ago
I found having too many cats wasn't very useful, I went a bit extreme, down to 14 cats, but 28 is a lot. Arahbo, Roar of the World only Eminence triggers one cat, and unless you're in a state with a ton of mana to activate the ability for multiple cats, not really needed.
How I solved this problem, was more creature tutor cards (instead of more cats), so Sylvan Tutor , Time of Need , I got a Survival of the Fittest for xmas one year which was cool. Chord of Calling , Eldritch Evolution even Congregation at Dawn are all viable to. The right cat at the right time vs. drawing more cats. Initiate's Companion , Leonin Skyhunter , Steppe Lynx feel like some easy cuts.
Are you primarily trying to kill everyone with combat damage? Beastmaster Ascension maybe?
Fumigate seems wrong.
Might reduce in lands, do you find yourself flooded, eliminate anything that comes into play tapped with no strong ability. Your not running toward a Tooth and Nail or anything so likely can miss a T4-6 land drop and still be in good shape, can also Land Tax or Archaeomancer's Map or Kodama's Reach to get more lands in hand. Evolving Wilds , Krosan Verge , Path of Ancestry could be some easy. If you're worried about mana fixing, fetch lands are great Windswept Heath but also the off-color ones like Wooded Foothills , Flooded Strand , etc.
Teferi's Protection to dodge board wipes?
I might add an alt win-con, Triumph of the Hordes might be one, but having a backup plan, maybe Grafted Exoskeleton or perhaps Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants to bring back Lost Leonin . Bala Ged Recovery Flip for Triumph of the Hordes , I dunno something?
Hope you find something useful here. +1