|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have flying.
All Slivers have "If this permanent would be put into a graveyard, you may put it on top of its owner's library instead."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Skydra2 , Riku580 , Duct-Tape-Guardian , mziter501 , Nightdragon779 , Mortiferus_Rosa , xXThormentXx , GoldGhost012 , silvereh|
|Want (5)||Straggly , Killer_Tofu , DeifiedExile , MasterRoach117 , Turtlelover73|
Pulmonic Sliver Discussion
6 months ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
7 months ago
The lack of card tags makes your post hard to read. :(
Chromatic Lantern - I know. When I posted this deck I wasn't sure if I had one available and was with little spare time to check. I do and I will add it.
Swords - Don't have them. Also, I don't think that a sliver deck needs them.
Sensei's Divining Top - That's adding insult to injury. I might add it.
Obelisk is part of the deck since day 1. :P
Coat of Arms - That's a card that fits the "redundancy" type of card. I might (most surely will) add it. I'm just unsure if I should run Coat or Door.
Training Grounds - Unfortunately I don't have a spare one. That's the only reason I'm not using it.
Bribery - None available. Not sure I'd want it in here either.
Amoeboid Changeling - Cute... Just unsure if I prefer that or Unnatural Selection which is on the deck. Ok. Selection can't be tutored and requires 1 mana... And... With Intruder Alarm the Changeling is better. I'm sold on that.
Diffusion Sliver - I prefer Root Sliver.
Clot Sliver - I was considering either Clot or Sedge Sliver. Sedge sounds better but it will have to depend on my ability to produce black mana. I need to playtest to check which I prefer. Sedge takes that slot for now.
Acidic Sliver - It's either this or Cautery Sliver... In a deck that might explode into infinite slivers, I might prefer Cautery.
Hibernation Sliver - It saves slivers, yes. It's on my sideboard from the start. I might add it, yes.
Ward Sliver - Taking the place of Shifting Sliver, yes.
Pulmonic Sliver - Is in right from the start.
Might Sliver - Might very well be added.
Fury Sliver - Bonescythe Sliver is better.
Hunter Sliver - Is on my maybe but am a bit unsure if I want to use it.
Crypt Sliver - Again, Sedge sounds better.
Yes, when you have the whole Magic spells available to you, cutting them to 100 cards (lands included) is a pain! This deck, although trying to make it fun will hardly ever see gameplay. When I show up a sliver deck my group will make a target. So I'll try to make it memorable for the few games where I bring it on. :)
10 months ago
I have a sliver deck as well & will make a few suggestions if i may? Crystalline Sliver is by far the best sliver ever printed, imo, but he is not legal in Modern- & the next best thing is Diffusion Sliver! Diffusion Sliver &/or Opaline Sliver are crucial to playing slivers, since targeted removal is a sliver-deck's greatest enemy.. & unlike many sliver-abilities, their abilities actually stack, so with 2 Diffusion Slivers in play, a Path to Exile or Fatal Push or Lightning Bolt would cost FIVE mana just to take out one of your slivers.. I see you have 2 Diffusion Sliver, but since he is so important to keep your engine going, i personally prefer to run 3 of them (they are not aggressive enough to run 4x though, imo). Sentinel Sliver is amazing, & i would recommend 2x in every sliver deck! You can even attack, then use tapping abilities during 2nd Main Phase, effectively giving you a 2nd turn in comparison to running without him. Megantic Sliver is a total game-changer, and i have found 2x Megantic to be very very good. I run 4x Manaweft to be able to cast him, though, plus 1x Gemhide Sliver. Groundshaker Sliver is pretty bad.. I think Battering Sliver is actually better, but he is pretty bad too, imo.. I would cut them in fvor of Megantic Sliver. For a mana-base, 4x Sliver Hive is worth every penny, and 4 Ancient Ziggurat is nearly the same thing for about $1 (that is if you cut some of the sorceries, which i would personally cut all of them in favor of more slivers!). I think Spinneret Sliver is pretty terrible when you could be running Galerider Sliver as a 1-drop with a better ability. Predatory Sliver should be a 4-of, as should Sinew Sliver, which i am surprised to not see here. With 4x Venom Sliver, i would definitely recommend running at least 2x each of Striking Sliver & Bonescythe Sliver!! Another good card to run with the deathtouch is Quilled Sliver, though i wouldn't run more than 1-2 since his targets are limited to attacking/blocking creatures. Blur Sliver is ok, but i have found that cutting him is better- by the time you cast him, you should have other slivers in play, and every single sliver gives its ability to every other sliver, with or without the haste. I would rather give the slivers already in play more abilities instead of giving the cards yet to be played the ability to do the SAME THING as all the other slivers one turn earlier . Since it doesn't help with Predatory/Sinew's ability, i would cut Hardened Scales in favor of something like Collected Company. Harmonic Sliver is a must-have sideboard card, and i run 1x in my mainboard as well. Remember that Virulent Sliver has POISONOUS 1, not Infect- what this means is that your pump spells don't add any additional poison counters to your opponent; each sliver will only give them one poison counter when it connects (unless the pump is from Double Strike! More reason to play Bonescythe Sliver! That would double the poison counters as well). Anyways, sorry for the rant, but hopefully I've given you some ideas! I love slivers!! A couple more fun slivers as 1-ofs are Pulmonic Sliver and Telekinetic Sliver.. so many awesome abilities! Check out my Slivershod deck! My nephew played my Sliver deck against me with my Zombie deck and ended up swinging at me with 150+ damage at once, with Flying, Deathtouch, Double Strike, Lifelink, Indestructible, & a Diffusion Sliver!! That just shows how insanely out of hand they can get if they go un-checked. Good luck!
10 months ago
shaistyone, okay. You have a point that in a (mass wipe, spot removal, poor combat/chumping, etc) scenario Frenetic Sliver may be the better choice between that and Darkheart Sliver. However, why would he even bother to include Frenetic Sliver when they already have Pulmonic Sliver in the deck?
As for your recursion suggestions, I agree. Those are good options if you're on a budget.
11 months ago
Hi! First of all cool theme!
These are the cards I would put in and why:
Why are you not running Sliver Hive?? This card is a staple for slivers. I also think that your list lacks ways to actually hit face, Shifting Sliver should work perfectly with your gameplan. Maybe, instead of Sliver Queen you could run Sliver Hivelord, since he has an better effect overall. Sliver Legion is also nuts if you have a strong board. Harmonic Sliver is also a must have to handle enchantments or artefacts. For card draw I would play Dormant Sliver, if you have drawn enough with you slivers you can sac him to Acidic Sliver or Necrotic Sliver. Instead of Patriarch's Bidding I would play Pulmonic Sliver, more slivers ftw!! and last I would play Crypt Sliver over Sedge Sliver, you already have some "buff" slivers and the tap ability is faster than the mana ability.
Still gotta say cool deck! I would love to play against slivers some day (never encountered one)
11 months ago
Hi, good start but I'd take out some slivers to make room for more Vials.
Also, most Sliver deck users would probably change this way:
1 year ago
1 year ago
There are several Sliver I think your amiss in dismissing:
Bonescythe Sliver, for cheap double strike.
Brood Sliver, for massive Sliver production.
Harmonic Sliver, for artifact/enchantment removal.
Heart Sliver, for cheap haste.
Magma Sliver, for massive gains.
Manaweft Sliver, as a backup Gemhide Sliver.
Necrotic Sliver, to turn every Sliver into a Vindicate.
Shifting Sliver, to make your team unblockable.
Sinew Sliver, as another Muscle Sliver.
Virulent Sliver, to only have to deal ten, not 40.
Winged Sliver, for more flying.
Other Slivers you might consider: Basal Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Darkheart Sliver, Essence Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Horned Sliver, Spined Sliver, Spitting Sliver, Lymph Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Opaline Sliver, Psionic Sliver, Pulmonic Sliver, Screeching Sliver, Sedge Sliver, Sliver Legion, Sliver Queen, Sliver Overlord, Synapse Sliver, Synchronous Sliver, and Syphon Sliver.
Cavern of Souls, obviously.
Descendants' Path, if you want to go heavy tribal.
Metallic Mimic, for extra buffs at low cost.
Obelisk of Urd, for more huge buffs.
Stoneforge Masterwork, for massive tribal buff.