|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have "Tap: Regenerate target Sliver."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Crypt Sliver Discussion
1 month ago
The lack of card tags makes your post hard to read. :(
Chromatic Lantern - I know. When I posted this deck I wasn't sure if I had one available and was with little spare time to check. I do and I will add it.
Swords - Don't have them. Also, I don't think that a sliver deck needs them.
Sensei's Divining Top - That's adding insult to injury. I might add it.
Obelisk is part of the deck since day 1. :P
Coat of Arms - That's a card that fits the "redundancy" type of card. I might (most surely will) add it. I'm just unsure if I should run Coat or Door.
Training Grounds - Unfortunately I don't have a spare one. That's the only reason I'm not using it.
Bribery - None available. Not sure I'd want it in here either.
Amoeboid Changeling - Cute... Just unsure if I prefer that or Unnatural Selection which is on the deck. Ok. Selection can't be tutored and requires 1 mana... And... With Intruder Alarm the Changeling is better. I'm sold on that.
Diffusion Sliver - I prefer Root Sliver.
Clot Sliver - I was considering either Clot or Sedge Sliver. Sedge sounds better but it will have to depend on my ability to produce black mana. I need to playtest to check which I prefer. Sedge takes that slot for now.
Acidic Sliver - It's either this or Cautery Sliver... In a deck that might explode into infinite slivers, I might prefer Cautery.
Hibernation Sliver - It saves slivers, yes. It's on my sideboard from the start. I might add it, yes.
Ward Sliver - Taking the place of Shifting Sliver, yes.
Pulmonic Sliver - Is in right from the start.
Might Sliver - Might very well be added.
Fury Sliver - Bonescythe Sliver is better.
Hunter Sliver - Is on my maybe but am a bit unsure if I want to use it.
Crypt Sliver - Again, Sedge sounds better.
Yes, when you have the whole Magic spells available to you, cutting them to 100 cards (lands included) is a pain! This deck, although trying to make it fun will hardly ever see gameplay. When I show up a sliver deck my group will make a target. So I'll try to make it memorable for the few games where I bring it on. :)
2 months ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
5 months ago
Hi! First of all cool theme!
These are the cards I would put in and why:
Why are you not running Sliver Hive?? This card is a staple for slivers. I also think that your list lacks ways to actually hit face, Shifting Sliver should work perfectly with your gameplan. Maybe, instead of Sliver Queen you could run Sliver Hivelord, since he has an better effect overall. Sliver Legion is also nuts if you have a strong board. Harmonic Sliver is also a must have to handle enchantments or artefacts. For card draw I would play Dormant Sliver, if you have drawn enough with you slivers you can sac him to Acidic Sliver or Necrotic Sliver. Instead of Patriarch's Bidding I would play Pulmonic Sliver, more slivers ftw!! and last I would play Crypt Sliver over Sedge Sliver, you already have some "buff" slivers and the tap ability is faster than the mana ability.
Still gotta say cool deck! I would love to play against slivers some day (never encountered one)
7 months ago
It's worth it for the redundancy. I ran a sliver deck at one point, here are a few other slivers I think worthy of addition:
- Toxin Sliver - makes anyone think twice about blocking
- Horned Sliver - giving everything trample can mean game on the spot
- Sliver Queen - creates broodlings
- Sliver Legion - insane buff
- Psionic Sliver - this is one that I tested and was split on a lot, but you can sometimes ping someone to death in a turn or two if you can't swing in (or say they have Ghostly Prison out)
- Sedge Sliver - it's a backup to Crypt Sliver
- Virulent Sliver - depending on how cutthroat you want to be...
- Ward Sliver - pick the most popular color at the table
Obviously some of those are expensive, but you could always put them on your wishlist for now
8 months ago
Having spent the last few years with a beat down style sliver deck, not only was it not as effective as I wanted it to be, it was also getting a little stale...time to spice things up a little! Another important factor, Overlord is fantastic but also very slow - as it turns out, an 8 mana/5 colour tutor isn't exactly efficient. With these thoughts in mind, I've decided to give the deck a significant overhaul with 2 goals in mind: improve reliability + increase shenanigans.
I've taken out most of the pump slivers in favour of a few effective combo slivers. I've also learned that I need some disruption to avoid the hive mind's mortal enemy - board wipes. Anyway, here's the change list:
Out: Aphetto Dredging, Constricting Sliver, Cryptolith Rite, Distant Melody, Horned Sliver, Magma Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Might Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Root Sliver, Shared Animosity, Synapse Sliver, Telekinetic Sliver, Thorncaster Sliver, Toxin Sliver, Ward Sliver
In: Basal Sliver, Blur Sliver, Commander's Sphere, Counterspell, Crypt Sliver, Darksteel Ingot, Disallow, Dormant Sliver, Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Paradox Engine, Quick Sliver, Swan Song, Voidslime, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Winged Sliver
I'm looking forward to seeing how this refreshed build performs.
8 months ago
nice,mana doe the trick:)
with the changeling you can turn a creature your opponent controlls into a sliver an gain control of it with the hivlord. best thing is it stays under your controll permanently.
8 months ago
Cascading Cataracts is a newer land that perfectly fits into five-color EDH. It's also pretty cheap to get, for now.
I also highly recommend Quick Sliver, because flash is such a powerful ability and allows you to wait to make your plays and keep your mana open as long as possible, which is one of the most powerful strategies in Magic.
Sentinel Sliver is also pretty useful, with vigilance you can keep bullying the weaker opponent while still maintaining your defensive army.
Striking Sliver is a powerful 1-drop that usually means that combat will always be in your favor from that point on, especially if get something like anthem effects or deathtouch online.
Homing Sliver is great to tutor for that perfect answer you need, especially if you need one of the mana slivers before you can cast your commander.
Crypt Sliver allows your board to protect themselves and makes combat a nightmare for opponents. Especially great with Sentinel Sliver (vigilance).
9 months ago
LVL_666, I agree with the hexproof ability. It's something I have been dreaming about for a while as well.
As far as the Crypt Sliver is concerned, consider replacing it with the Clot Sliver. You would still have regeneration, but without the need to target. And with Mana Echoes and Training Grounds, the mana cost for the Clot's ability is negligible.