|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Is gaea's blessing exiled due to hedron crab & ravenous trap
- Does landfall trigger for each card?
- Does an activated ability from a permanent still resolve if it is buried first?
- Can my opponent cast a spell after I play a creature and before I play a land on my first main phase? Or does he has to wait for me to give priority?
- Infinite Mana/Infinite Mill?
Creature — Crab
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Hedron Crab Discussion
4 days ago
I used to have a pretty competitive Tatyova. when building her you really want to focus on her ability, she is a Landfall goddess.
LANDS: 38 More Lands are needed, Terramorphic Expanse is another Evolving Wilds and triggers Tatyova twice. and what i believe is a great land card and if not a staple for this deck Alchemist's Refuge . this card with Seedborn Muse will give you practically another turn on someone else's turn.
Since you going to be bring in lands allot, your going to want other creatures that play off the "Landfall" trigger.
Rampaging Baloths creating a 4/4 beast with every land can make you quite scary. Roil Elemental Stealing your opponents creatures when a land enters will give you huge advantage. Psychosis Crawler your going to be drawing lots of cards, might as well deal some damage with it. Hedron Crab and then we have a bit of mill... actually this is scary. you can play this card fast and let the hurt begin.
INSTANTS: Krosan Grip A K-grip is always a good card to have in a deck. Crop Rotation It brings in a land. and you can find Reliquary Tower . another land card that is a must have in a deck that will have you drawing so many cards. Deprive Returning cards to your hand is a great way to play lands again. this is a cheap spell with an EXPLOSIVE result.
ENCHANTMENT: a great card for "landfall" is Burgeoning if you can get this out early is crazy ramp. if you can get it out mid to even late game is SUPER good with all the "Landfall" triggers you might have out on the table. Courser of Kruphix here is a way to play lands from the top of your library in case you don't have any in your hand. plus some extra life gain. Exploration lets you play more land per your turn. Zendikar's Roil and some more tokens per land entering the battlefield.
ARTIFACTS: once this deck starts to really take off Aetherflux Reservoir will end games fast. Alhammarret's Archive even more life and even more card draw. Storm Cauldron is a nasty card. it will stop other plays in their tracks, while giving you all the advantage.
COMBOS: There are a few combos that are optional.
Amulet of Vigor , Perilous Forays and any token generator Rampaging Baloths , Zendikar's Roil ... you can even use your opponents creatures as sac fodder if you have Roil Elemental . HOW THIS WORKS: with Perilous Forays pay sac a creature, find a land and put it on the battlefield. triggering Zendikar's Roil creating another creature. with Amulet of Vigor that land comes in untapped, allowing you to repeat this until you have all your basic land and all the triggers you could possibly want.
this is an infinite combo Retreat to Coralhelm , Walking Atlas and Simic Growth Chamber this allows you to repeatedly bounce Simic Growth Chamber to your hand and on the battlefield as many times as you want.
So here is my suggestions. just ways to energize with Tatyova. Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
- ok So i have a UW version I can share with you Trap Mill
- The UB version is probably better Here is what I would do: 4x Hedron Crab (fetchlands make it to good) and probably 4x Manic Scribe That is it for creatures other than maybe Snapcaster Mage (archeive trap has an alternitive cost so you may pay 0 mana to flash it back).
- 4x Archive Trap Glimpse the Unthinkable Visions of Beyond , 3x Surgical Extraction (Modern loves its graveyard) Fatal Push (every deck needs removal and this helps so much), 1x Crypt Incursion life is nice, and its graveyard hate at instant speed.
- Mesmeric Orb it is symmetric but things in your graveyard isnt the worst. Ensnaring Bridge stops people from attacking you which is amazing
- Search for Azcanta Flip also really helps and flips easy which lets you filter, dont run more than 2
- Field of Ruin helps you its also forced search!
- 6 fetchlands, 2 Watery Grave , 3x Shelldock Isle , 3 basics (more islands), 3x Darkslick Shores
- Other tempting adds: Mission Briefing Murderous Cut Collective Brutality
- I also like Scheming Symmetry
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
survivial of the fittest - Find and toss genesis into your yard or whatever you
Does Hedron Crab provide enough impact?
1 month ago
1 month ago
I'm in the early stages of a landfall/creature ETB combo build. There's a nice combo, which would actually work in any Blue/Green deck, but given Chulane's penchant for ETB combos, I feel it's worth mentioning. You'll need a bounce-land in hand (another reason for running this in a 3-colour deck, as you get access to two additional bounce-lands), and it can theoretically win on T3:
Turn 2: Land, Whichever of Altar/Crab OR Sak/Sky you didn't play T1, OR Llanowar Scout (if you didn't play Sak/Sky T1)
Turn 3: Land, Retreat to Coralhelm
1) tap Sakura/Skyshroud/Llanowar to put down bounce-land
2) target bounce-land with its own ability, target Sak/Sky/Llan with Coralhelm untap
3) bounce-land returns to hand, Sak/Sky/Llan untap
4) go back to 1), with Altar/Crab milling your opponent(s) every time the land enters
There's a good level of redundancy for the combo pieces, which are all CMC 3 or less. There's a similar build using Arboreal Grazer , Cloudstone Curio , Lotus Cobra / Amulet of Vigor , and Altar/Crab, which does not require a bounce-land, and would work in any green deck:
Turn 1: Land, Grazer - put a land into play tapped
Turn 2: Land, Cloudstone
Turn 3: Cobra/Amulet, Land (bounce a tapped land with Cloudstone), Altar/Crab, Other CMC 2 or less creature (if you didn't play Cobra or Crab)
1) bounce Grazer from Cobra/Crab/Other entering with Cloudstone, recast Grazer
2) Grazer enters, bounces itself with Cloudstone, put down a land from Grazer etb, bounce a tapped land with Cloudstone
3) Altar/Crab mills opponent(s), use mana from Cobra's landfall OR from the land you put down (if untapped by Amulet) to recast the Grazer, go to 2).
Both combos require 4 pieces excluding (basic) lands, and rely on a unique 3-drop. However, the latter uses cards which, in my opinion, synergise better with Chulane by default. Plus the artifacts can be tutored for with Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage . That said, the first combo is significantly cheaper monetarily since you don't need Cloudstone or Cobra/Amulet.
Hope my ramblings help inspire something, cheers.
1 month ago
If you go with the living end plan then
is far superior to
, its an enchantment, so its damn hard to remove for most decks.
(imho arcanist is burtal when it has plenty of cmc 1 sorceries to flash back form the grave, in such situations its on par with snapcaster mage or dark confidant, however this deck lack support for it)
If you want to stick with the 6+ cmc random colored dudes then you need some way to ramp into them as plan B, or maaaaaybe you could try to build a transformative sidebaord to mill your opponent (in slow interactive matchups).
But in all honesty Hedron Crab & Stitcher's Supplier are very bad options compared to the miriad of cycling creature at living end's disposal.
You could easily jam Wurmcoil Engine & Pathrazer of Ulamog into UR living end variants - and stuff like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip as a discard outlet, and as a spell recursion engine.
P.s: I completely get the sentiment behind the deck.
My second ever brew attempt was trying to make Skaab Ruinator work in modern with a self-mill deck. It did go very poorly.
(Back in the stale Twin & Pod meta days)
Problem is that dredge is part of the format and hate cards are built (and put into sideboardds) that are ready to fight dredge, and completely obliterate other pure graveyard based decks.
To say the least its hard to make work a graveyard based deck.
On the other hand decks that have secondary gameplans like Living End, Hollow One, Phoenix decks, Obzedat's Vengeance ...etc. can find success.
Hedron Crab occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%