|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
You may cast Rout any time you could cast an instant if you pay more to cast it.
Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||rebelteddybear , Lucretian , Vasbear1 , sonnet666 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Florg , Ashy , Fineontheoutside , TrackerD , Crimson6 , Ellyreia , Supremespeed , DarkMagician , brentkc49 , Skydra2 , Fairseas , Riders_of_Brohan , NivStormfront , Va1mar , Swamy , ShishkyBob , golgarigirl , mazrimtaim , beatdown36 , goodair|
|Want (14)||IcehawkFFC10 , ApatheticHero , , sleepy104 , ShadyPear , Gryffix , , Schwiggity , Talonisnthavingit , BringerOfStorms , ASCLEPIUS , CryAll , Syram , redevil|
5 days ago
Noice job boi. While this is a pretty good primer, I still have my quarrels per usual, lol. First off, there’s not a 50 card maybeboard and that’s not ok.
I would cut back on some utilities and ramp. There are just some subpar mana rocks that I don’t think will be necessary because you put so much ramp in and still have 38 lands in for some reason.
I would find more walkers to put it in after you trim and perfect all of the utilities.
Finally, I might think about running less targeted removal spells especially if they only target creatures because planeswalkers often have removal attached to them and I believe running more board wipes would be more beneficial. They may cost a couple extra mana but they clear the way for walkers a lot better than just targeting one threat.
Also keep politics in mind whenever editing because you are going to need to be able to convince people to not kill your walkers. And have some tricks up your sleeves for when politics just don’t cut it. Perhaps a Rout over a simple Wrath of God would be good because you have a way out if you just simply can’t convince them to step off. Shenanigans always reigns S U P R E M E! Also Cyclonic Rift is just a super good card lol.
But I also haven’t really looked at any superfriends decks and haven’t done my research but those are my first impressions.
Thanks for the help dog!
1 week ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
1 week ago
I guess my evaluation of thrilling encore might also be a meta call for me. I'm primarily the wrath player. We have a cats player with Rout and Divine Reckoning in his deck, a derevi player with no wraths (and no cyclonic rift), and the other player usually has 0-2 wipes (and it's usually kindred dominance or cyclonic rift which are both asymmetrical.)
2 weeks ago
The fundamental principle behind a control deck is what is known as "inevitability"--that is, the longer the game goes on the more inevitable it becomes that you will win, either because your opponent exhausts themselves, because you're playing more powerful cards in the late game, or both.
Therefore, your main focus needs to be surviving the early turns with efficient hard removal and counterspells--think 1-3 mana, and preferably at instant speed--followed up by cantrips / card advantage to see more of your deck and get ahead with more answers.
Your secondary focus should be having a viable and efficient win condition to quickly close out the game once you've taken control.
To that end, here's where I'd immediately make cuts: Mass Calcify (too slow), Rite of Replication (ditto), Tragic Arrogance (better options), Magus of the Tabernacle, Rhystic Study (only really good in multiplayer), Ghostly Prison (situational; pillow fort-y; sideboard card at best), and a couple of the Wall of Omens (you don't always want them but at least they replace themselves.) You can also cut a couple of lands by adding non-basics (discussed further below.)
Here are some potential adds (I'm assuming you want to stay budget, so all of these are relatively cheap:
25-26 lands is typical for a control deck, depending on how high your mana curve is. Based on the above 25 is probably fine. You want stuff like Glacial Fortress that produce both colors. Temple of Enlightenment and Tranquil Cove are good budget options. Running these lands that produce multiple types of mana allow you to run a few lands that produce only one or no color but have a spell-like effect attached: i.e. Memorial to Genius or Tectonic Edge. This, in turn, gives you something to do if you draw basically nothing but land (colloquially known as "flooding out.")
3 weeks ago
Right off the bat it looks really good. All of the standard categories are covered. There are a few cards though that don't pull enough weight. I'm not sure Arctic Aven, Dawnfeather Eagle, Aven Fateshaper, Serra Aviary, Brave the Sands, and Always Watching do enough to keep around. Derevi gives all your creatures a psuedo- vigilance already. I would replace these with Judge's Familiar, Windbrisk Raptor, Mindshrieker, Aerie Mystics, and Kangee, Aerie Keeper. There are also good arguments to include Mirror Entity or Beastmaster Ascension for an easy win-con, Rout or Phyrexian Rebirth to wipe the board, and Basalt Monolith or Gilded Lotus to abuse Derevi Untap triggers. Rounding out the mana base with a Seaside Haven and the bounce lands will keep your hand full. Later upgrades I would consider adding would be Kruphix, God of Horizons and Reliquary Tower to max hand size and allow you to keep all of the extra mana Derevi enables.
1 month ago
Really liking the changes so far! In some testing with it, still feel very strongly about adding both Rakdos Signet and Orzhov Signet. Fixing is so important to your build due to needing to ensure Kaalia of the Vast hits the board ASAP. Without her, you tend to durdle quite a bit. Darksteel Colossus felt really bad... cannot reanimate from the grave, nor sneak it in with Kaalia of the Vast. Visara the Dreadful also seems more like a target on your head card than anything. If you were going to use the Gorgon to fill graves, you're better off playing Rout and catching everything (at instant speed if you need too).
2 months ago
personaly in a mono white deck having no Land Tax nor having no Aura of Silence makes your deck being verry slow. that said saga's are historic and enchantments so i would add those at least.
from enchantments i definitly would add in your deck Land Tax ( gets u the lands faster and stady phase) Aura of Silence (protects u from mana rock decks a lot) Sigarda's Aid ( aid's with equipments) True Conviction (double strike and life link) Enduring Renewal (potential infinit combo) Triumph of Gerrard (Saga Trigger and +1/+1) History of Benalia (Saga trigger and get Blockers)
personaly i see u have a lot of mana rocks or mana stuff in artifacts. personaly i don't think they wil help u win the game at all so these are some cards i would suggest adding in your deck for artifacts
Aetherflux Reservoir (makes a treath on the field and shoots a guy death if u have enough lifelink) Azor's Gateway( draw power) Sword of the Animist (mana power) Pearl Medallion (comander costs 3 mana) Bloodforged Battle-Axe (can be nasty after a while) Expedition Map (get an important land for your deck) Basilisk Collar (lifelink and deathtouch) Dispeller's Capsule (removal on artifact)
then for instants and sorcery's i see you got a lot of bordwipes so i imagine that your locals has a lot of token players so this are some cards i would say to have a look at.
Dusk / Dawn ( gets your creatures back pretty fast) Hour of Revelation (wipe when u don't care for 3 mana recast everything u can) Slaughter the Strong (wipe where u can stil do stuff) Gift of Estates (mana search) Rout (wipe possible on instant speed) Open the Armory (search an equipment) Idyllic Tutor (search enchantment or saga) Open the Vaults (get your enchantments back) Enlightened Tutor (search enchantment or equipment or saga) Second Sunrise ( return after boardwipe for everyone) Faith's Reward ( return after boardwipe for yourself) Teferi's Protection (u don't play for a turn)Silence (opponent doesn't play for a turn) Hallowed Moonlight (protect from combo deck) Forsake the Worldly (exile a treath or cycle)
than for creatures i would have a good look for them couse i don't realy see any creature that can win u the game. some auto includesSun Titan ( get something outof your graveyard back)Burnished Hart ( get land) Aven Mindcensor (Tutor protection)Recruiter of the Guard (search your pieces)Puresteel Paladin (decent creature for int he deck) Monastery Mentor ( token generator) Mentor of the Meek (draw a card)Nova Cleric (destroy all enchantments) Loyal Sentry (destroy wichever u block)
2 months ago
Warrior Creatures to Consider:
Devoted Crop-Mate like a weird Alesha
Hidden Dragonslayer decent removal
Ironclad Slayer if you are playing a lot of equipments
Malakir Cullblade gets bigger
Champion of the Flame if you go super heavy on the equipment
Garna, the Bloodflame save the creatures from a boardwipe? Not sure how it will do in action
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs pillowfort and some bodies
Taurean Mauler -technically a warrior
Burnished Hart ramp and can be brought back by Alesha
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight -got reprinted in Master 25 so its cheaper and will get reprinted again in Commander anthology II but that one will be foil so not sure if that will affect price
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goad is amazing and his second ability is nice if you have mana to spend
Equipment to Consider:
Sunforger one of the best equipments in these colors, fetch your removal
Kusari-Gama mini boardwipe if they block
Artifacts to Consider:
- Gilded Lotus just got reprinted so its cheaper now
- Fellwar Stone our play group usually has your colors
- Oketra's Monument cast a warrior, get a warrior
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Mardu Ascendancy
- Dictate of the Twin Gods you have both gods in deck, so why not?
- Berserkers' Onslaught
- Gift of Immortality
- Behind the Scenes since some of your creatures have low-ish power, although might such with all the anthem effects you have
- Pain Magnification just a fun card
- Kindred Boon
- Chandra's Ignition -really great boardwipe for this deck, if zurgo has lifelink you will get that life and also anything that dies will give him counters. You could have zurgo, cast this, and then more than likely one shot a player
- Read the Bones
- Open the Armory
- Disrupt Decorum tapped out won't link this for some reason
Instants: (sticking with four or less Cmc for sunforger shenanigans)
- Rogue's Passage
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry kinda pricey now tho
Mardu is great for control, so its best to have plenty of removal spells. I would not have Spinerock Knoll since it might be too slow. Windbrisk Heights might be better than Spinerock tho. Like what if you need to play that spell but can't get 7 damage off. Also, Graveblade Marauder seems too situational to leave an impact. When you start adding/removal stuff to the deck, make sure to keep it low cmc as you can since you don't have much in terms of ramp in these colors; be sure to keep as mana rocks as you can for the same reason.