Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|3.72 TIX||13.05 TIX|
|Have (40)||jwe94 , metljoe , saj0219 , nutellaisgreaterthanlife , jpv , DrLitebur , sonnet666 , FrostDefiance , actiontech , kingofcramers , ducttapedeckbox , benjibot789 , kmcree , kyuuri117 , ryuzaki32667 , slovakattack , bananamaniaman , Gameover209X , deatn1342 , Mazzuno , trever135 , Necrotize , MangoPunch , drmezmo , HyperJujibiter , cosmokai2000 , meke , hash-brown , Xunfor6iv3nX , reddead405 , mymanpotsandpans , Baycer , KiljoyQ , bradyofportdetroit , darkside420 , Timocalypse , theHopp , vishnarg , Dandelo , BiggRedd54|
|Want (5)||maiden77 , Kryzis , Rawbzilla , Commander_Izzet12 , marz1342|
Jace, Memory Adept Discussion
15 hours ago
Here's what I think. I can tell you what I've noticed running my Lazav Deck
First, your mana base - I think it's a too small. You want about 37-40 lands in a deck, especially with a curve average higher than 3. Add Tainted Isle, Dimir Guildgate, Command Tower, Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage.
Second, the main drawback of clone decks is lacking win conditions of your own. You are always one step behind, waiting to copy and they always have a blocker for you unless you pack removal or evasion.
Cryptoplasm could do better than Clone if you wanted to change it to another creature.
Swap Quicksilver Gargantuan for Jace, Memory Adept for more draw and mill triggers for Lazav.
I like Archfiend of Depravity over Bloodgift Demon.
Roil Elemental over Colossal Whale.
Change the Dictate to a Memory Erosion for more triggers for Lazav, and to boost targets for graveyard based clones.
Instead of Treachery, Corrupted Conscience can turn a creature into a wincon.
Cut Traumatize for more reliable mill. Stuff like Mind Grind or Mesmeric Orb, Keening Stone. Traumatize looks good at first but it has many flaws. It is expensive, sorcery speed, single use, single target, and perhaps the worst - it does exactly what it says on the card. It never works hard for you, never finishes its job. In the early game where you can;t afford it, id does it's best work, and gradually gets worse until a library has two cards in it, and it costs 5 to mill 1. I want something that can at least be used as a finisher.
Dimir Charm is good utility. Lots of creatures at two power are kill-on-sight (Prophet of Kruphix, Rhys the Redeemed, Lab Maniac, early mana dorks, etc) plus late game Insurrections and Genesis Waves.
Hope this helps. +1!
2 weeks ago
Would a Jace, Memory Adept work for this deck? Thanks for making this i have been looking for a deck like this for a bit. :-)
2 weeks ago
@Devinmlake: Thanks for the input. I was looking at Jace, Memory Adept when I was building the deck. The reason I didn't opt for it was the casting cost. I was trying to keep it as low as possible. Getting it down to a max of 3 was my target. Thanks for the thought and checking out the deck.
2 weeks ago
Turbo Mill needs to be much faster. Try Jace, Memory Adept as a strong finisher. His 0 is way better and can be done every turn.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hissing Miasma to help them from attacking you.
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver helps with the mill and steals their creatures.
also because of that you can use Clever Impersonator to copy any enchantment you need or creature.
3 weeks ago
Necrotic Ooze could be worthwhile. Jace, Memory Adept used to be in this deck, but I've since transferred him to my Bruna, Light of Alabaster deck, where he fits in better, in my opinion. I used to run that infernal combo of + ; turns out, I run too many graveyard-based cards that I was simply getting screwed by Leyline of the Void too many times. Bloodchief Ascension and Duskmantle Guildmage wouldn't work, Wrexial, the Risen Deep would become nothing but a blocker, Consuming Aberration was useless, et cetera. Thanks for offering those though!
|Avg. draft pick||1.14|
|Avg. cube pick||3.22|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set||Mythic Rare|
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace, Memory Adept + Wight of Precinct Six
- Jace, Memory Adept + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Traumatize
- Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace, Memory Adept + Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Jace, Memory Adept + Nighthowler + Traumatize
- Iron Maiden + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace, Memory Adept + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept + Phenax, God of Deception
- Jace, Memory Adept + Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Consecrated Sphinx + Jace, Memory Adept + Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Jace, Memory Adept + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consecrated Sphinx + Jace, Memory Adept + Laboratory Maniac
- Consecrated Sphinx + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace's Mindseeker + Jace, Memory Adept
- Dictate of Kruphix + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace's Phantasm + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace, Memory Adept + Undead Alchemist
- Jace, Memory Adept + Vampire Nighthawk
- Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver + Jace, Memory Adept + Nephalia Drownyard
- Dimir Guildmage + Jace, Memory Adept
- Azorius Charm + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace, Memory Adept + Venser's Journal
- Jace, Memory Adept + Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
- Extirpate + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace's Erasure + Jace, Memory Adept