Creature — Dragon
Devour 1 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
Hellkite Hatchling has flying and trample if it devoured a creature.
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hellkite Hatchling Discussion
2 months ago
My first thing would be to remove Rakeclaw Guardian, Blood Aspirant, Thornscape Apprentice, Knotvine Mystic, Hellkite Hatchling, Earth Surge, Rally the Righteous and Titanic Ultimatum for other things.
Probably a few field wipes and draw spells would help a lot.
1 year ago
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted Land has: ": Create a 1/1 green Saporling creature token."
As Slimefoot's hold and influence grew, the land became corrupted in it's image.
Add onto this beautiful family with an all new Legendary Hellkite.
2 years ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
2 years ago
I offer my Hellkite deck as tribute!
2 years ago
Sounds good! I have a few suggestions... this is always the hard part of deck building xD
Let's first go through and look at things that are not pertaining to your two win conditions, (Prossh or devour creatures)
We could take out Charnelhoard Wurm because it really doesn't help you out that much. All the creatures you sacrifice now (as opposed to the original deck list) are going to be tokens so you really don't need to much recursion. If a creature dies, just move along! Same thing with Hua Tuo, Honored Physician, Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (as far as the whole "you aren't sacrificing non tokens" thing)
maybe take out Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, I just feel like you can do much much better with a token creation engine. The sacrifice thing kinda turns me off to it.
Hellkite Hatchling is a bit underwhelming for a devour creature.
Ophiomancer is a very fun card but is just slowing you down.
Shattergang Brothers is just not quite good imo. You aren't going to sacrifice anything else but a creature except on very rare occasion.
Quagmire Druid is not bad, but is a slot taken up in your deck. Keep it close by just in case you need more enchantment removal.
Smothering Abomination is good in a vacuum but I feel like if you get it out.. that you'll find its hard to have things to sacrifice at the beginning of your upkeep as you fuel devour and prossh.
Foster I think is going to skip over some of your token producer cards.. and we don't want that happening xD
Vile Requiem is really really slow removal.
Hunter's Prowess because I think you are going to draw WAAAAAY too many cards off of that and not be able to hold on to them.
2 years ago
I'd say you're heavy on the creature side so here's 5 that in my opinion are on the weaker side (I made cut suggestions for the ramp cards, this will be to make way for the suggested removal spells): Engulfing Slagwurm (expensive and off theme! seems like it's just in here as a 'good stuff' card), Foe-Razer Regent (expensive and I don't think you have enough fight mechanic cards in here to properly take advantage of this guy), Hellkite Hatchling (just not very good - apart from Dragon Broodmother tokens, what would you devour?), Slumbering Dragon (too slow! without +1 counter generation, waiting around to activate this guy would be painful) & Stormwing Dragon (just not a good dragon, the megamorph surprise is kind of funny but waaay too expensive for what it does)
There's my 2 cents on replacement ideas, hopefully a bit of food for thought.
3 years ago
if you want draw, there are better cards than Tower of Fortunes. It comes in turn 4, and can't be activated until turn 8. If you need draw, you will be dead by the time you get it out of Tower of Fortunes. Phyrexian Arena, Read the Bones, and Painful Truths are far better. You could also maybe use something like Faithless Looting. Also no to Verdant Force... and no to Hellkite Hatchling for that matter. If you want token generation, there are better cards (see Bitterblossom, Dragon Fodder (also fits the flavor), or almost any other card. No to Hellkite Hatchling because destroying your own board state is almost never a good idea. If you are sold in the interaction, just play Dragon Broodmother, which does what both of those cards do in a single card.