|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Wizard
(Black), Tap: Target Faerie or Elf gains lifelink until end of turn. (Whenever it deals damage, its controller gains that much life.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nectar Faerie Discussion
11 months ago
Thanks for the comments and suggestions Suns_Champion and !
I really, really like the Stoneforge Mystic and equipment package. I can agree that it's probably not optimal but i like having my faeries wield swords!!
11 months ago
Hey there! I would cut:
- Brainstorm, as it's rather weak unless you care about the top of your library and/or you have 10-20 shuffle effects.
- Nectar Faerie, as your Faeries are fairly small, and its ability is rather weak.
- Search for Azcanta Flip, as its effect is pretty minimal.
- Stoneforge Mystic and Batterskull, as you really need to maximize equipment synergies to make them worth it.
- Sword of War and Peace, unless you're finding that you really need the lifegain or the protection, it doesn't really impact your game plan all that much.
- Any land, as Zur is a fairly low-to-the-ground deck, 2.7 average CMC means that you will rarely need more than, say, 6 lands
11 months ago
Hi! Love the Faerie idea!
You'd probably be safe cutting:
Rest in Peace(unless your meta is really tricky with the 'yard)
Sigil of the Empty Throne my be considered as a cut. It doesn't work when Zur cheats out enchantments and is higher up on the curve. Still, It's a good card.
Stoneforge Mystic, as good as she is, can probably be cut to focus the deck on faeries. She deserves to be built around.
Nectar Faerie seems kinda weak. You have mostly 1/1 faeries.
Hope this helps! It was difficult; this is a pretty tight list!
P.S. you have the Top but no Land Tax??
1 year ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
1 year ago
You did say you were making a "budget" deck right? If so Bitterblossom, Sower of Temptation and Mistbind Clique need to go. You could replace them with Faerie Swarm, Glen Elendra Liege, Nectar Faerie or Violet Pall. I would also drop two swamps. 24 lands is a bit excessive for a low mana cost deck like this. Getting rid of those cards will drop the price by $80-90 depending on what you replace them with.
2 years ago
Thanks!! That is a pretty serious control list. Haha. I wasn't aware you could net deck faeries. I'm not sure how close this is to stock faerie tempo...but I assure you this is entirely brewed by me. :p I'm still tinkering with the list...and I'd love a little lifegain here. I thought about tinkering with Nectar Faerie...but the tiny amount of life it would gain me is not really worth it. Perhaps the sword would be better...I'd run 2 though. Given the recursion...probably over Latchkey Faerie. I think you're right...Quickling is probably better than Imposter as both are rogues...and the flash would be incredibly beneficial. I could also remove the stingers in favor of another flash faerie...or perhaps even a playset of Duress. I don't own any Inquisition of Kozilek...and I already lose life to Bitterblossom...so I would prefer not to lose anymore life to Thoughtseize. I realize seize is not even remotely budget, but I already have a set...so that is no cost to me. Which do you think would serve me better?
2 years ago
If you were going to design a nontraditional Esper flyer Control which direction would you go?
A: Overwhelming board presence
B: Minimal threats (Like traditional Draw/GO)
C: 15ish removal with a mix of threat and support
Bitterblossom - Lets you grind
Hushwing Gryff - Shuts down ETB
Judge's Familiar - Instant/Sorcery Counter + Skirsdag High Priest trigger
Silumgar Sorcerer - Creature Counter
Stormscape Familiar - Cost Reduction
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner - Anti-Removal
Aven Mindcensor - Can stymie a tutor such as Congregation at Dawn or Scapeshift
Nectar Faerie - For Lifegain
Oona's Prowler - for Unburial rights vs "Fair" decks
Stinkweed Imp - For Unburial rights decks
Supreme Verdict - Can't be stopped
Wrath of God - Kills Thrun, the Last Troll
Path to Exile - Cheap, prevents recursion
Inquisition of Kozilek - Hits everything but Splinter Twin that we care about
Delver of Secrets Flip - Fast, but requires tons of spells
Pride of the Clouds
Flickerwisp - Can flicker Plains for T3 threat + Path to Exile
Skirsdag High Priest - Gives us our biggest fliers but requires lots of creatures
Vendilion Clique - Can get rid of a bad card in our hand or the opponents hand