|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie
: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
Wind Dancer Discussion
1 year ago
Thanks for the insight! Mostly my reasoning for playing those oddities are because he draws a lot of hate right out of the get go. If you drop Animar, Soul of Elements 2nd turn on curve, chances are people are gonna put a target on your head. I found in my play group, and the few local card shops, people stopped wanting to play against me because my most effective combo was the Animar, Soul of Elements + Walking Ballista (Though I have about 5 other decks) So, my means to appease the masses was to include Hangarback Walker, so it's an alternative. Also, the reasons why the evasion type cards, is due to the raw number of times I've played this deck only to find they exile my Ancestral Statue on the first cast, so I go for the Commander damage rout, which is not preferable but it means I needed to adapt to a more combat based deck. I included these utility based creatures so I can minimize my weaknesses, hence why 54 creatures and 95% of them are some sort of digger.
Also, I'm not a huge fan of blue control aspect through means of straight up counter spells, and I'm running Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Zealous Conscripts in my Aurelia, the Warleader (3 infinite combos) deck. :P
All in all, my purpose in this deck after playing it dozens and dozens of times is to either go off turn 3, 4 or 5 allowing the circumstances, or drop some sort of other threat to give myself a little more time to pull together my resources.
ALSO, My buddy was playing Kaliaa of the Vast and dropped a Magus of the Moat, right after I went infinite because he flashed it out with Vedalken Orrery Hence why the utility creatures and evasion like Wind Dancer. Fuck Magus of the Moat
Also I say also a lot. But thank you again for your insight, I really appreciate it!
3 years ago
I do agree with the person above. If she isn't quite getting it, maybe ease her in with the 30 card beginner decks. You can get them for free at most local game stores.
As for the deck nothing more simple then Counterspell. Mana Leak and Remand are also good choices. Spelljack for lol's, although that might be a tad complicated. And if you really wanna burn money Mana Drain
I said a lot but I really enjoy this deck. Fairie beat down! If your girl friend get's into it I think she'll really enjoy it.
3 years ago
F.R.F Thank you a lot. The Wind Dancer and Ephara's Enlightenment are for Child of Alara so I'll keep them. You are right about Rattlechains, but I think instead of cutting it, I will replace some of the bigger flyers with spirits, because the cost less. The Triskaidekaphobia is in the deck for sentimental reasons, it won me a game at the prerelease and I wanted to play it in one deck. The Enduring Scalelord and the Eater of Hope are definetly going out, thanks.
3 years ago
Part of the problem is that most decent creatures with flying occupy the 5-7 CMC range (not counting outliers like Serra Ascendant) so if you want to keep with the all-flyers theme your curve will naturally be top heavy.
You could probably drop some of the less useful cards for additional small ramp like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Farseek etc. and maybe some draw so that you are still doing something early game but don't have to sacrifice your big flying beaters:
- Wind Dancer and Ephara's Enlightenment - I think I only counted 3 creatures that don't have flying natively
- Rattlechains - not very many spirits and isn't very good by himself
- Triskaidekaphobia - seems out of place here
- Enduring Scalelord - not many +1/+1 counters in this deck
- Eater of Hope - not very good without lots of tokens or recursion.
If you drop some of these and are able to get to 7ish mana quicker you might feel like you're not just twiddling your thumbs so often. Hope that helps!
3 years ago
You have a lot of weenies. This works well with unblockable but you may want to consider wipes and cards like Night of Souls' Betrayal or Elesh Norn being played early via some graveyard manipulation.
Also consider that they have blockers for your blockable creatures and removal for your unblockable ones. What is your gameplan then? If your blockable creatures aren't threatening to your opponent's creatures as well as the opponent, you may get stalled.
Consider some stronger creature options. Your low CMC is good for a faster clock, but can hinder you when the faster clock results in a slower gameplan.
- Wind Dancer Simply too slow.
- Vampire Interloper Simply awful.
- Stealer of Secrets, Scroll Thief very overcosted, not a bad effect
- Surveilling Sprite, Palace Familiar again not a bad effect on a weak body
- Owl Familiar (keep it if you want)
- Memnite I like the speed, but...
- Dimir Cutpurse
- Bearer of Silence and Shriekmaw are both removal that is overpriced. You will rarely use their other abilities, I think.
- Basilica Screecher
- Thalakos Seer
- Dauthi Horror
- Dauthi Ghoul
- Neurok Invisimancer
- Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar swap for Notion Thief (Tomorrow is better in it's own deck)
- Vault Skirge meh
- Updraft / Wind Sail / Cloak of Feathers Effects like this probably won't be very beneficial. I'd rather run removal, or a permanent, reusable source of flying (think - Equipment)
Debate keeping wrexial.
- Cranial Plating You are running a bunch of artifacts. Slap this on an unblockable creature and watch your opponents scramble for removal.
- Vapor Snag type effects (light bounce, can be used defensively)
- Doom Blade There's probably more ninja-like removal out there.
- Go for the Throat
- Distortion Strike
Ninjas sometimes have a subtheme of equipment. Just figured I'd recommend a few if you go this route.
- Mask of Riddles - Whispersilk pt.2
- Skeleton Key - Whispersilk pt.3
- Quietus Spike - I have a thing for this card (Scytheclaw too)
- Inquisitor's Flail
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Shuriken maximum flavor
- Ronin Warclub Works incredibly well with ninjas
- Sai of the Shinobi likewise
- Worldslayer 'troll' option
- Swords of X and Y ($$$$$)
You'll want to avoid wipes since you rely on creatures a lot yourself, beyond things like Cyclonic Rift. If you find wipes to be troublesome, try something like Living Death or a mass return-to-hand-from-grave spell.
Lands to consider:
Here is an odd idea which might be appealing. Steal their creatures, attack, and ninjutsu your own in, bouncing their creature and putting yours into play.
If you want to go this way, I can suggest some big ones:
No data for this card yet.