|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
T: Add to 1 your mana pool, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Pristine Talisman Discussion
6 days ago
One last piece of advice: you run way too many lands. Most EDH decks, unless they focus on lands as their core mechanic, run an average of 36-38. I'd strongly suggest you cut back and instead add some mana ramp. Suggestions there would be Wayfarer's Bauble (one of the best ways to ramp actual land in a non-green deck), Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum (an EDH staple), Knight of the White Orchid, Orzhov Signet, Pristine Talisman (on theme with life gain), Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Marble Diamond, Charcoal Diamond, and Coalition Relic.
Obviously, don't include all of these. But I would cut back to probably 36 lands, and include at least 4. 36 is what most players I've encountered seem to run, and I've found it works best for my decks as well. That'll open up a few slots for other cards as well.
Anyhow, sorry to spam your wall. I think that's 3 long posts now? I hope some of them were helpful.
1 week ago
Another small update exploring Ramp and Draw:
I am exploring adding a little card draw, and these were an almost perfect 1 for 1 switch.
I just acquired the Mox Diamond, and I am excited to see if it will fit here. More Ramp/Fixing and fits the theme of keeping the number of lands in play low.
Pristine Talisman may be a great Ramp card that can add some incremental lifegain to offset my incidental life loss from Fetches, Shocks, Mana Confluence, Vampiric Tutor, or various other sources. Angel's Grace went to the Sideboard because I have little combo in my meta, and I have only used it a few times. When going into new metas with more combo, I can put this back in.
I am going to explore what this switch. I may regret it, but the addition of real Ramp, the more aggressive nature of the card may be better. I may also just regret it.
I am going to explore the addition of a more aggressive card option that gives a net card gain, not just card quality. I rarely get the Land Tax Scroll Rack combo off, so the net gain of cards may be better, and I like the idea of another Burn finisher. Damnable Pact may become Painful Truths if the higher CMC and Burn elements don't work the way I think they will.
2 weeks ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I just looked back at your list and noticed i suggested a lot of cards you already had lol Great minds think alike right?
1 month ago
Thanks Snacrifice for the comment.
I'm going to place these cards in the sideboard to definately playtest them as I really like Druidic Satchel, Filigree Familiar and Pristine Talisman I do think they will be nice additions to this deck.
1 month ago
Some suggestions(though the deck looks fun already!:D)
Fountain of Youth is a free drop, Braidwood Cup (also see Marble Chalice for a colored version) is the opposite- costs 3 to drop, but guarantees you trigger at least a counter on Karlov every turn. Skullmead Cauldron does the same but with an extra buff.
Alternatively, Pristine Talisman gives you the same thing for a few more cents and doubles as a mana rock :D
High Market got reprinted so it's super cheap now, Pious Kitsune gives you another white tap-to-gain-life. Druidic Satchel is good stuff that gets you life as well.Filigree Familiar is Solemn Simulacrum's cheaper pet.
1 month ago
Even with a high number of mana rocks in your deck and relatively low curve, i would aim for around 35-36 lands at minimum for your deck. Let me add to your problem by first suggesting Clever Impersonator and Phyrexian Metamorph(you have Sculpting Steel already but its nice to have some redundency.). If you can make one of them a copy of Myr Galvanizer. If you can produce atleast 2 mana from your myrs, you know have infinite mana. If some of the mana you produce from this is blue you can then pay however much you need to cast memnarch from command zone and use the rest to take control of all permanents in play (including lands). Even if you can't assemble the combo, they are both good cards to have in the deck. There's also a super convoluted way of using one of them and cards you have in the deck to create infinite blue mana or infinite counters on Door of Destinies or draw infinite cards but due to needing atleast 7 cards (6 if you're just getting mana) it seems rather unlikely. (just realized you can already do it with cards in your deck if you use sculpting steel).
For either combo if you wanted to go that route with infinite mana you could theoretically cast Blue Sun's Zenith on yourself for your entire library, cast everything in your deck and use Planar Bridge/ Clock of Omens to tutor for blue sun again and again to kill everyone by making them draw infinite cards. That being said stealing all their permenants is probably good enugh anyways.
Anywho....here's what I think you can cut.
Myr Propagator: slow and vulnerable and mana efficient. It's cute that you can use the ability when its in the graveyard to make a copy of Myr Welder but that's the only reason i'd see keeping it in the deck and i'm not sure if that's worth it.
Thought Vessel with a lot of ramp already and without excessive card draw, i think this slot is better off being a land
Pristine Talisman: your other mana rocks are better. like with thoughtvessel it only accelates you by 1 mana
Myr Enforcer: not the greatest. A 4/4 with no abilities gets classed quickly
Perilous Myr again not the greatest myr
Hovermyr You don't have much in the way of flyers but i'm not a huge fan of this one. You might just need to steal some
Forbid: suggesting this as a cut is questionable as it is definitely a strong card, but i couldnt see anything that seemed like it could be cut
Blinkmoth Urn: Ditto but i might try to keep it.