|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Target player sacrifices a creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Rebound (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Consuming Vapors Discussion
1 hour ago
I would take out the 2 curses, they ain't all that great - especially the white one. I like the red one more, but that isn't in this deck.
I have doubts about the following cards aswell - but wether you wanna take them out depends more on what your playgroup usually plays :
Skeletal Vampire : he's just a bit too expensive - 6 mana for a 3/3 ? And then another 5 for 2 more new bats (one of wich you need to sack to get 2 more). So basically that means you need to pay 5 mana to be able to regenerate him. Most turns you'll have better options to play for 5 mana. That said, if you add a bit of a sacrifice theme in the deck like Dictate of Erebos, Deathgreeter,.... sacking the bat to regenerate Skeletal Vampire, wil give you additional benefits (killing creatures of your opponents, gaining you life, ....). In that case it might be worth it
Kheru Mind-Eater : I think people will probably just block and kill him fast. If they don't and he does damage, your opponent still gets to choose wich card he's gonna exile (and it won't be the best card he has at hand). You may play that card, but you still need to pay it's mana cost, so wether you can play it greatly depends on what colors your opponent plays. All in all I find the likelyhood that you'll profit from this card is just too small and therefor I would replace it
Consuming Vapors : this card has the same problem as the one before. It costs 4 mana, and how many times will you be able to play it in a situation where your opponent only has one big creature on the board ? If your opponent has a 10/10 and a 3/3 on the board, he's gonna sack the 3/3 and you gain 3 life..... I think there are better removal spell out there
Fell the Mighty : same story again. You play a boardwhipe when you have nothing and your opponent has a full board. when you do play one, you want all creatures to be removed - and there are better boardwhipes out there to do that. The only time this card would actually benefit you is when you have a lot of small vamps and your opponents have a lot of big creatures.
Syphon Mind : Intresting card this one. If you usually play against 3 or more opponents this might be good. If you usually play 1 on 1 I would remove it, cause then it is to expensive (mana wise).
This is just my personal thoughts, I'm sure some people feel very different about it, so all in all it's up to you to see how you wanna play.
1 day ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
6 days ago
3 weeks ago
Oh! I can't believe I never noticed- Isochron Scepter seems like a no-brainer, since it lets you cast something cheap over and over(Bubbling Muck or Hero's Demise for example, or Doom Blade/spot removal to trigger using it again.
Crypt Ghast is super good too, since it gives you more ramp(and it counts as mono-black for color identity)
1 month ago
I have made a creatureless black deck before and it played surprisingly well. So I will share what cards I found to be most useful to me. First suggestion is Innocent Blood which makes everyone sacrifices a creature for 1 black which is great value. Second is Tyrant's Choice another low cost option that let's you hurt them or force more sacrifice which is fun in a 1 v 1. Third suggestion is Barter in Blood a little more expensive but it can be a back breaker in the right instance. Fourth one you can consider is Consuming Vapors sacrifices + life gain + rebound so it comes back the next turn also. Fifth suggestion would be Torment of Hailfire just plain nasty if you can pump alot into it. Smallpox can be terrible slow down following an innocent blood early on and that is super useful agains aggro. Another life gain/sac option is Blood Tribute it's similar to consuming vapors except it's one cheaper and doesn't have rebound. Lastly is Death Cloud which is smallpox on steroids. Anyway that's my two sense worth take it or leave it. Ultimately it's upto you to decide. I hope I have been helpful. Either way I like this deck +1 from me.
3 months ago
Consuming Vapors as a replacement to Barter in Blood could be useful. Rather than Rotting Rats I'd suggest you want a finisher, like Gurmag Angler or Tombstalker, also Dakmor Salvage plays well with Raven's Crime so might be worth considering. For other suggestions the simplest option is to have a look at 8-Rack decks...
3 months ago
Consistency is king and sadly you have a lot of 1x and not many 4x, I'm sure you can guess my first suggestion is run more 4x of cards, you also seem to have some vampire synergy so...
You probably want 4x Asylum Visitor to replace the Blood Scrivener's since it's a vamp. I'd also suggest, 2-3x of Indulgent Aristocrat as sacrifice outlet that pumps your other vampires. However creatures weren't really the issue here.
Your spells, 16 sorcery and instants all of them singles, it just isn't a good idea. 16 is a nice number though being 4x4, so my suggestion is; 4x Duress, 4x Geth's Verdict and 4x Flaying Tendrils (ok, 3x use your 1x Damnation), finally I'm going to break from that suggestion as I assume you only have 1 of some of these cards so; 1x Inquisition of Kozilek 1x Thoughtseize 1x Consuming Vapors and 1x Fatal Push this means you have a more focused removal and discard package. If you have them I'd run 2x Inquisition of Kozilek and 2x Fatal Push but it depends on your card pool.
3 months ago
Great looking deck. I like the core ideas you have. I've played against a similar deck before and it wrecked me. However, I noticed some cards in the deck that could be swapped out for better options to make the deck stronger. Let me explain.
One of the concepts that took me a long time to learn when playing Magic was card advantage. Simply put, more cards in hand means more options. So in most of my decks, I don't use tutors such as Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, and the rest.At best, they are a 1-for-1 trade of a card in hand for a card from deck. But you get more options drawing cards. Additionally, when playing blue, I never counter a tutor spell, I wait an counter whatever you tutored for. That way I use 1 counter spell and get rid of 2 cards in your hand. Dark Petition and Diabolic Tutor could be cut to make room for more instants that Toshiro Umezawa can use. For most black decks, I would suggest Rune-Scarred Demon and Increasing Ambition but I think you should keep your mana costs low.
Another problem I saw was that you have a couple of "maximum hand size cards" which I think are weak. Simply put, if you have more than 7 cards in your hand why aren't you playing them? Lack of mana? Waiting for some specific condition? Usually, it isn't that great to just sit around holding that many cards. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have cards in hand, but do you really need more than 7 on a regular basis? Thought Vessel, Venser's Journal seem to do too little for you and work against the card drawing engine of the Null Profusion. Also, since your general allows you to view your graveyard as an extension of your hand, why worry about hand size at all?
Withering Boon seems a bit weak for a creature kill card. I think you would get more out of the Oblivion Strike in your maybe board instead.
Consuming Vapors is a card that I think would be great in your deck. Opponent loses a creature, triggers your general, rebounds, and you get life out of it. Seems pretty awesome. What about Avatar of Woe or Visara the Dreadful are reusable creature kill abilities? Caged Sun might help ramp your mana. But it depends on whether you're playing multi-player or dueling.
I hope these suggestions at least give you some new ideas. Also, feel to take a look at my decks and let me know what you think. As always, temper these suggestions with your collection and your budget.