|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
|SDCC Promo 2017 (S17)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Liliana, Death's Majesty
Planeswalker — Liliana
+1: Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. Put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard.
-3: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
-7: Destroy all non-Zombie creatures.
|Have (4)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MikeLaserbeam , Forkbeard , mymanpotsandpans|
|Want (65)||Tahoebyker , flipdipple , fraven961 , TlsoVotl , darbodeluxe , Slymaster9 , Moonling , Waldeaux , Killer_Tofu , Dr_Doomtrain , tapu_evan , Spinalripper , GriffinL , mordredaggrfall , zachi , magicthegatheringplayer37 , bussey111 , Loading_Error , Facecheck , MirrorMountain , nibelheim , cjm3407 , Stadam23 , Intet , Vonnie1231 , RoninH3RO , llama64 , , Skullion123 , Tribor , Sharkfists , William_Wilde , TJTimebomb , MoxFlux , analthunder , UberLord25 , Holtzym , thranduil88 , TPDOos , whoville , hotdoglord , instantBuddha , pcvogel , M0zart , Handstand , manboyeatme , Killerphate , ElisabethJoan , Atroxreaper , corruptgargoyle , KB2187 , Kamotz , Wegaveourlives , Dienekes , rickmillward , konsrs , plumptons , cambonimachine , IBWolfKnight , vashaclarens , freegood92 , SirFowler , DiamondFlavor , MOS99Z , Prototype_Serbon|
Latest as Commander
Liliana, Death's Majesty Discussion
3 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 week ago
Liliana, Death's Majesty would be a good card if you want a little control as well as Lord of the Undead for a little bit of a boost to your zombie friends. I am not the greatest in black, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
2 weeks ago
Where can i start suggesting...well Gravecrawler : can’t miss this. Diregraf Colossus : one of best zombies for swarming. Death Baron : best zombie lord imho. Open the Graves : a nice enchantment for swarming. Liliana, Death's Majesty
3 weeks ago
Wandering Fumarole is a main board pick for me, mainly due to the low density of creatures that control decks usually carries, so a land that can turn into a win condition against other control decks, or a blocker against more aggressive decks is very much needed. I would trade it out for Lavaclaw Reaches due to the fact that its colors are a lot easier to get to and add to your deck based on how wizards seems to not like the enemy color pairings but its also more expensive than a pick I would rather use over lavaclaw: Mishra's Factory , since it can be a very cheap attacker that allows you to keep up counter magic more effectively and turn it into a 3/3 after summoning sickness passes when you need to block. on the topic of lands City of Brass does more harm to you than good, especially against aggressive matchups, or storm.
I don't know about Volrath's Stronghold in a deck that doesn't: A: have very many creatures, and B: is not focused on a creature combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Pestermite . And even then you have Kolaghan's Command to get back a threat anyway. If you want better recursion against a good portion of decks that's repeatable and punishes aggro decks look for The Scarab God , or if you want a cheap walker that can do that, look for Liliana, Death's Majesty , she makes 2/2 zombies while putting stuff in the bin for Tasigur, the Golden Fang , and reanimates something like Platinum Emperion after an Abrade .
Red Elemental Blast seems like a very specific pick, I'm wondering what kind of meta garners that kind of pick, but i'm not judging.
Liliana of the Veil is a good card, however I don't see how she fits with the decks overall strategy, yes she discards fueling delve, and makes an opponent sacrifice a creature, but resolving her doesn't win the game in the way Jace, the Mind Sculptor does, nor does she have the broad utility that you need for her to be that good in this type of deck. She's not good for card advantage and in fact it enables reanimator strategies where she's played in and helps decks that are more efficient than you are get ahead, and her creature removing capabilities are hindered by opposing tokens (which in that case I recommend Pyroclasm ). she's a good card, but she doesn't do that much for you.
So if you're stuck on what points to put in, I would do the following assuming you either have the card or don't care about price: Ancestral Recall 7, Dig Through Time 1, and either Treasure Cruise , True-Name Nemesis , or Mana Drain 1 = 10. Otherwise, you can stick with Demonic Tutor and try using the tutors fairly instead of using it for a combo: Demonic Tutor 3, Vampiric Tutor 3, Dig Through Time 1, Treasure Cruise 1, True-Name Nemesis 1, Mana Drain 1 = 10. However if you want to try adding combo to your list cheaply, like I have with my Grixis control deck with Kiki combo your two points for treasure cruise and true-name would instead go to Mystical Tutor at 2. However there's still at least one more point spread, which does involve combo and changing some of your deck's dynamics and cards to support it which can hedge into dedicated combo or a control shell to protect it, and again if you don't care about price: Time Vault 6, Demonic Tutor 3, Dig Through Time 1 = 10. To find the time vault deck, go through my page and go to "recently viewed" and look for "Grixis Vault control" from the Canadianhighlanderdatabase.
That's all for now, but I might comment again based on whatever feedback you need.
3 weeks ago
Major change to the deck. Trying to see if this smooths it out.
Added: 3x Thought Erasure , 2x Lord of the Accursed , 1x Gisa and Geralf , 2x Rotting Rats , 2x Dark Salvation , 1x Liliana, Death's Majesty , 3x Screeching Skaab , 3x Cemetery Recruitment , 1x Watery Grave , 4x Unclaimed Territory , 1x Island
Cut: 5x Swamp , 1x Stronghold Assassin , 1x Gempalm Polluter , 2x Dregscape Zombie , 1x Fatestitcher , 1x Undead Warchief , 3x Armored Skaab , 2x Dream Twist , 2x Lord of the Undead , 2x Soulless One , 3x Wailing Ghoul
1 month ago
Mostly, I'm confused about what you're planning on getting with your Transmute cards. The best targets for a Yuriko deck at the 5 mana slot are Conspiracy and Xenograft, which are both in the Maybeboard. Same for Arcane Adaptation at the 3-drop slot.
I see stuff that makes creatures unblockable, but auras seem pretty bad with ninjas. Cover of Darkness is what I would use in a tribal deck, or you can just put in more unblockable cheap stuff like Slither Blade , Triton Shorestalker , etc. If you want to Surveil, then Nightveil Sprite is well-suited to both purposes. I also see Thalakos Seer in the Maybeboard, which is obscene with Yuriko, so I would maindeck that ASAP.
You're packing a lot of different card types, so Emrakul, the Promised End would be good in this deck. It's high CMC to burn the table with Yuriko, but you should be able to consistently cast it for 8 or less.
As for cuts, Rise from the Grave is pretty bad. You can Extract from Darkness , Necromantic Summons or Liliana, Death's Majesty for the same cost. I don't like Mirko Vosk, Etrata, Mind Grind, or Traitor's Clutch, either. The a graveyard subtheme makes sense, but mill cards don't.
1 month ago
I think you got way too much instants/sorceries. Try to cut them down to the minimum and replace them with similar effects on permanents.
But in general: what does the deck try to do? Should it be control or combo oriented?
As some general suggestions: Muldrotha draws a lot of attention and is a preferred target for removal. Your Counterspells are nice but only one-shots. Try to get some stuff like Diplomatic Immunity , Curator's Ward and good old greaves to protect her. Command Beacon should be an auto-include since it allows you to cast your commander always for 6 mana only. Siren Stormtamer counters bojuka bog or tormods crypt like effects. Spore Frog is an allstar vs Aggro. Night Incarnate is a nice option to control token/weenie players. Some sac outlets like Phyrexian Tower or Greater Good would be nice. Also your Lilly of the veil isn’t a good choice here. Liliana, Death's Majesty does way more for your gameplan.
I play Muldrotha since release now and got a pretty well tuned list online here. Take a look if you want to. I bet you get some nice inspiration.
1 month ago
Hi! Zombie tribal is one of my favorite decks too. I think Dark Salvation is a must. The same about Endless Ranks of the Dead . I also like Grimoire of the Dead . Oath of Liliana is another fun card but you'd better find at least a couple of Planeswalkers. For example Jace, Unraveler of Secrets (card advantage and control) and Liliana, Death's Majesty or Liliana, Untouched By Death . Zombie lords: Death Baron , Cemetery Reaper , Lord of the Undead . Board wipe is strongly recommended (at least one of these): Wrath of God Day of Judgment , Cleansing Nova , Damnation , Cyclonic Rift . Useful creatures: Diregraf Colossus , Metallic Mimic . Mana stabilization: Unclaimed Territory , Mana Confluence , Path of Ancestry . Good luck in brewing!
Liliana, Death's Majesty occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%