|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
When Ichor Wellspring enters the battlefield or is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ichor Wellspring Discussion
1 week ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
1 week ago
there is actually an artifact deck that plays Krakr-Clan Ironworks called KCI Combo or eggs. you might want to look at that.
I dont think Revolution is a good combo piece because your opponent decides wether he wants to be dealt damage or giive you the card
Scrap Trawler is a nice additional combo piece for such a deck
3 weeks ago
I often side in 2 Red Elemental Blasts for a BorderPost and a Tremble. Even 4, if I am feeling super salty. The trick here is to not let them make a board and get rid of all Timberwatch Elfs. Land destruction is hard in this match-up because most of their creatures produce mana. Surviving their initial is key.
1 month ago
@Grubbernaut It is in paper; when you only play that way, there is no point of paying an extra 2 dollars
@Landonius Thanks! I've tried Akki Blizzard-Herder, but it has the problem of giving choice to your opponents. Sure it slows them down, but they can just ignore it for 3~4 turns, get a bunch of lands, and then start attacking.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Holy crap this deck is almost exactly like mine 2 months ago...
Anyways here is a few suggestions
Cards to take out: Baleful Strix Chief Engineer Phyrexian Arena Mystic Monastery Nomad Outpost Arcane Sanctum Evolving Wilds Painful Truths Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer Fact or Fiction Terramorphic Expanse
Some of these suggestions probably look weird to you...
For creatures: my suggestions are purely value creatures, but your creatures just aren't good enough because with Strix it is too mana entensive and with Chief you don't have enough creatures and Slobad isn't good because you aren't playing eggs or a deck that can effectively use his sac ability... this means that you are purely using his ability to protect your stuff.
For lands: tap lands just aren't good enough and evolving wilds isn't good enough either... having things come in tapped is terrible.
For everything else there is better stuff around for you to put in instead
One of the things about your deck is that it doesn't use the graveyard to its fullest extent. Artifacts are one of the best archetypes to abuse the graveyard and Scrap Trawler is another screw up that WOTC printed. If you add cards like Chromatic Star or Ichor Wellspring you are effectively dig through your entire deck with just Krark-Clan Ironworks. Self mill is an incredibly powerful thing to do in this game, cards like Yawgmoth's Will or even Scrap Trawler are some of the most degenerate things in the game. Because your graveyard effectively becomes your hand. And you don't really have to do much more to your deck to abuse these effects.
Another thing your deck isn't doing is abusing wheel effects, you have Notion Thief and Windfall should just make you win. You also really need to put in Isochron Scepter Because it is such a utility engine and another wincon for you deck to easily put in. And just put in Ad Nauseam while your curve is pretty high, drawing 10 cards at instant speed still wins you the game. You should also be playing Paradox Engine it will make you randomly win as it is basically a Omniscience but 5 mana and artifacts can generally abuse it.
1 month ago
cut young wwolf. not impactful enough. epochrasite is kinda meh. only available once every 4 turns.
2 months ago
KayneMarco: As a Pauper EDH deck, you can only use one uncommon creature as the Commander, and only commons in the 99. Unfortunately neither of those two cards were ever printed/released at common, so they wouldn't be legal. =)
As for the deck...
Echo Circlet & Vanguard's Shield for starters. Plus Cathar's Shield, Accorder's Shield also because you want to keep him untapped and able to block as well as attack. There're other vigilance enablers like True-Faith Censer, too.
I'm just tossing out ideas, so maybe something there can help get you started! =)